Quantcast

Macfags of Neocodex, I need your help ... thank you

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

Ok so my computer died like, a week ago and I got myself a computer that gets shit done.
Say hello to my shiny new Macbook Pro 15"

Yes, it's the really expensive one, iargue, the one you're going to tell me I overpaid for when there was a similar Asus equivalent on the market. (No there isn't, I checked already, otherwise I wouldn't have turned to Mac, faggot)
ANYWAY,
I turned it on, set it up in like 3 minutes, fresh outta the box, drained the battery (....6 hours later, that was a painfully long wait.)

Now, I've got windows 7 installed because as much as Mac OSX was starting to appeal to me, there are some programs for college that I need to run that are windows only, and I didn't want to emulate anything.
Now my actual question is, where the hell is the print screen button?

Also, where the hell is the print screen button when I'm using Windows 7?

Other than that though, no issues thus far. *whistles*

EDIT: Oh yeah, could you write and compile C++ on the Mac OSX? If so, where can I find such software?

Edited by jcrgirl, 12 March 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#2 I33t

I33t
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image+Posted Image+3

or

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+3

Edited by I33t, 12 March 2011 - 07:58 PM.

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

Yes, it's the really expensive one, iargue, the one you're going to tell me I overpaid for when there was a similar Asus equivalent on the market. (No there isn't, I checked already, otherwise I wouldn't have turned to Mac, faggot)

Wrong.

#4 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

Wrong.

What are you doing in this thread mang????
*kicks*

#5 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

Mac's are pieces of yellow shit.
When they 1st came out their logo was 'Low Price and Runs all Programs' yet it meets neither of those today.
I don't get why people pay 5x more for a computer that can't even download half the things on Internet.
Most people are just dumbasses who get them because the look.

#6 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

I'm a Mac user what ever you need help with I can probably assist with. Print Screen is Command+P. Most of the short cuts for a mac are the same as a PC just using the Command key instead of the ctrl. As for the programs you downloaded, most programs today actually have a mac friendly version or a counterpart, just add "Mac" to your google search and you should find what you are looking for no problem. The only progams you may have difficulty are the smaller home made programs, as most companies have to pay to make Mac programs. Which is why I would advise getting used to using the Mac layout over the Windows one, to avoid getting windows viruses.

If you need anymore details on specifics feel free to PM me.

#7 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

I'm here on argues behalf. Screw macs!!!

They're actually not bad in that they never slow down what so ever. I loved dro's mac, left it on for like 3 weeks, as fast as it just started up. Windows can't do that. That's the only thing I like about mac, otherwise security on it sucks, usability sucks, hate it.

#8 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

Hate Macs, sure it's fast, but almost everything else sucks.

#9 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:45 AM

Don'y mean to spam your thread with posts but I do believe this might be what you are looking for as a C++ writing program for Mac. You can look into a program called Xcode, its a bit complicated from what I hear but fully supported by Apple and should be just what you are looking for.

PS: The only people who hate Mac's are the ones who haven't used them Posted Image

Edited by Jeb, 13 March 2011 - 05:46 AM.

#10 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:56 AM

Macs are for the more idiotic computer user, they have a bland crappy-ness to their sleek plain looks... Only good thing about macs is they small pretty good brand new in my opinion, secondly, i have no clue how to help you, sorry...

#11 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:51 AM

You guys are all idiots
This machine is an extremely powerful tool and you're all too butthurt to admit that something made by apple is superior to a laptop running windows. I'm not talking about operating systems, I'm talking about hardware.
I don't fancy the look of a mac, personally, but if you take a look at the battery life, combined with the fact that it's pretty light for a super huge and bulky computer + it comes with thunderbolt, you guys need to chill lol

By the way, "Internet" you are by far the dumbest poster who has posted so far on this thread. I've been on Mac OSX for my whole initial computer set-up, and there hasn't been a single program that I've [needed] and couldn't download. Get your ass out of the 1990s because people don't just get them for looks.

The OSX and everything on my computer loads up pretty instantly, but the same can be said for most computers running core i7 processors nowadays lol :p
I just need help with the Windows side on my mac [ironically] lol

I still don't know how to print screen on windows, on mac. Get what I'm saying?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm far from an idiotic computer user, just saying. Just can't fucking find print screen while I'm running bootcamp'd Windows 7 on here XD

Edited by jcrgirl, 13 March 2011 - 06:54 AM.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:57 AM

Silly mac print screen. :p

http://forums.macrum...ad.php?t=273515

?

If there definitely isn't a button which will do it remapping a key would probably be the best solution.

#13 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:01 AM

[shift] + [command] + 4
you don't have to hold it down and you will get a little tool cursor to select what portion you want to prnt screen

i love my macbook pro as well
i am dual booting with Ubuntu
(i would recommend getting a mouse - i don't know how it works in Windows but the track pad's short cuts and such do not work will with Linux)

#14 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

Silly mac print screen. :p

http://forums.macrum...ad.php?t=273515

?

If there definitely isn't a button which will do it remapping a key would probably be the best solution.

I think I just figured it out, but thanks for the link... I'll need that for the future :p

[shift] + [command] + 4
you don't have to hold it down and you will get a little tool cursor to select what portion you want to prnt screen

i love my macbook pro as well
i am dual booting with Ubuntu
(i would recommend getting a mouse - i don't know how it works in Windows but the track pad's short cuts and such do not work will with Linux)

Thanks, it worked XD
Actually, the first thing I did was plug in my Microsoft mouse from my old laptop into this thing. It worked instantly. THEN, I programmed the Trackpad to uhh, right click. The mouse works like a normal mouse on a normal computer so I was pretty amped about that :D

This laptop is so fucking delicious, and silent it's hard not to love :x
(This coming from an anti-mac person for the longest time)
Actually, I'm still not fond of most of their shit, but the MBP is a piece of work. xD

#15 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Don'y mean to spam your thread with posts but I do believe this might be what you are looking for as a C++ writing program for Mac. You can look into a program called Xcode, its a bit complicated from what I hear but fully supported by Apple and should be just what you are looking for.

PS: The only people who hate Mac's are the ones who haven't used them Posted Image

Hello there. I used mac for college doing art and graphics.

I hate Macs with a passion.

Oh and I deal with idiots with macs on a daily base at work.

#16 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

I'm here on argues behalf. Screw macs!!!

They're actually not bad in that they never slow down what so ever. I loved dro's mac, left it on for like 3 weeks, as fast as it just started up. Windows can't do that. That's the only thing I like about mac, otherwise security on it sucks, usability sucks, hate it.

I haven't turned off my Windows laptop in at least a month. It's still fast as ever ^.^

You just need to clear out the processes in task manager every few days.

#17 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

Ok so my computer died like, a week ago and I got myself a computer that gets shit done.
Say hello to my shiny new Macbook Pro 15"

ANYWAY,
I turned it on, set it up in like 3 minutes, fresh outta the box, drained the battery (....6 hours later, that was a painfully long wait.)

Now, I've got windows 7 installed because as much as Mac OSX was starting to appeal to me, there are some programs for college that I need to run that are windows only, and I didn't want to emulate anything.
Now my actual question is, where the hell is the print screen button?

Also, where the hell is the print screen button when I'm using Windows 7?

Other than that though, no issues thus far. *whistles*

EDIT: Oh yeah, could you write and compile C++ on the Mac OSX? If so, where can I find such software?

Not familiar with macs at all....I know they have command line utilities. And most certainly a package manager(ie. a download center, software center) Use it to install gcc(a compiler for a few diff languages including C++) and you'll be ready to run C++ code...

looks like it's a little different than i suspected

#18 I33t

I33t
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

Apple is a anti-competitive bitch company. They think they're superior and they're the only company that makes a OS. All in all, Apple has been living in a hole for the past decade.

#19 Seaner

Seaner
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

Macs are for the more idiotic computer user

I don't get why people pay 5x more for a computer that can't even download half the things on Internet.
Most people are just dumbasses who get them because the look.

Typical jelly poorfag responses.

Posted from my Macbook Pro.

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

I dare you to post your specs and watch me own you?

#21 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

I dare you to post your specs and watch me own you?

With your tower or your laptop? :p
I needed a laptop, I [obviously] could have bought a tower for cheaper with better specs :D
Anyway, straight off the website for you:

Posted Image

Now please make up some "better specs" because whenever there is an apple thread, iargue manages to build a better computer for cheaper xD

Oh yeah, I'm talking about the new one just released less than a month ago. Includes thunderbolt ^_^

Edited by jcrgirl, 13 March 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834152239

Less then 5 minutes since I started looking.

Lose .2ghz cpu speed.

Gain 250gb Hard Drive space. Gain 4gb memory. Better Video Card. Has memory card reader, Better resolution. And Faster Hard Drive.

#23 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

Typical jelly poorfag responses.

Posted from my Macbook Pro.

I'd rather be a good spender then another dumbass who buys whatever they see their friends with.

#24 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hey guys I have a novel idea, rather than use this thread to gripe and complain about something you can neither control nor like, you do something constructive and not harass Mac users about their personal preference? Jcr asked for help not your pointless opinions.

(Now lets wait and see how much crap I get for this)

#25 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834152239

Less then 5 minutes since I started looking.

Lose .2ghz cpu speed.

Gain 250gb Hard Drive space. Gain 4gb memory. Better Video Card. Has memory card reader, Better resolution. And Faster Hard Drive.

Mine has better battery life, can use the integrated gfx card along with the 1gb vid card that comes with it. I can upgrade ram any time I want (not that I'd need to)
+ I'd rather have a faster processor & lower RPM on my HD. (Less heat)

I think I'll prefer paying an extra 250$ iargue
Thanks though

Oh yeah
thunderbolt > usb 3.0

OH YEAH and most importantly
Mine weighs 5.5 lbs that thing is 7.7 HUGE difference when I'm taking it to school

Edited by jcrgirl, 13 March 2011 - 05:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users