Macfags of Neocodex, I need your help ... thank you

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Mine has better battery life, can use the integrated gfx card along with the 1gb vid card that comes with it. I can upgrade ram any time I want (not that I'd need to)
+ I'd rather have a faster processor & lower RPM on my HD. (Less heat)

I think I'll prefer paying an extra 250$ iargue
Thanks though

Oh yeah
thunderbolt > usb 3.0

OH YEAH and most importantly
Mine weighs 5.5 lbs that thing is 7.7 HUGE difference when I'm taking it to school

Thunderbolt sucks

Your battery life is not longer.
Using internal gfx card is not an epic feature
You can upgrade the ram anytime you want on any computer. Thats not a feature
.2ghz isnt going to do shit, compared to a over 2000rpm on your hard drive. Stop being stupid.

I can find a lighter one, but I dont care enough to.

You point was, yours is better. My point is, it is not.

And I proved my point.

#27 I33t

I33t
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Iargue has won this battle of Mac vs. PC.

iargue: 1
jcrgirl: 0

#28 Seaner

Seaner
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Iargue has won this battle of Mac vs. PC.

iargue: 1
jcrgirl: 0

With a piece of shit that will fall apart in ten months.*

*personal experience with MSI, ymmv

#29 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

Thunderbolt sucks

Your battery life is not longer.
Using internal gfx card is not an epic feature
You can upgrade the ram anytime you want on any computer. Thats not a feature
.2ghz isnt going to do shit, compared to a over 2000rpm on your hard drive. Stop being stupid.

I can find a lighter one, but I dont care enough to.

You point was, yours is better. My point is, it is not.

And I proved my point.

You're an idiot

High RPM on your HD is unnecessary, especially when all it does is cause MORE HEAT!!!! Its a fucking LAPTOP! I can access my HD fast enough as it IS.
I also believe that 750GB on my HD is more than enough, since my old computer only had 160gb, of which I used barely 60.

Thunderbolt does NOT suck, you're just mad that the computer you pulled up doesn't have it.

My battery life IS in fact longer. Try taking ANY computer without a fucking bulk-ass battery around and see how it handles holding the battery charge.

The Mac OSX shuts down pieces of the computer separately so it's more efficient and you get more out of your battery life. For example, when the computer is idle, the computer will shut down all background processes and sections of the hard drive until it is being used again. It also automatically rations usage of the gfx card while not plugged in so that the battery can last as long as possible. (ALL WITHOUT adding additional weight to the machine, making it EXTREMELY portable)

Oh AND, the charger is powered by magnets. As in, If I were to trip the wire of my laptop by accident, the whole laptop wouldn't fall off of the table. It would simply be pulled out.
AND, have you seen the charger? Its TINY compared to the giant chargers on normal PCs. You can carry it around and it's as heavy as an iPod charger LOL.

Granted, the computer you pulled up looks good, but I wouldn't trust any company other than Asus anyway as they are the only company that creates hardware for their machines that even comes close to what I have now.
I know I got a good deal on my machine and I don't need you to find me cheaper and heavier/bulkier alternatives. I have windows 7, I have Mac OSX. I run everything I need and then some, and I can carry it in my shoulderbag without dying of shoulder cramps.

Mac haters will be mac haters, there's not much I can convince you until you see for yourself that you're missing out on amazingly engineered pieces of work :p

Lastly, god damn the trackpad is nice. I'm getting used to it now and (yes, it does right click) its smooth and one of the best trackpads Ive ever used in my life.
Just seriously, give up dude lol

Edited by jcrgirl, 13 March 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#30 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

Mac haters will be mac haters, there's not much I can convince you until you see for yourself that you're missing out on amazingly engineered pieces of work :p

Now that's YOUR view. in our eyes its mac idiots will be mac idiots.

#31 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Now that's YOUR view. in our eyes its mac idiots will be mac idiots.

lol artic, whatever you say :p
as long as it makes us both happy calling each other idiots, I don't see what the problem is ^_^

#32 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:34 AM

Haters gonna hate.

I love my macs, desktop and laptop. Love my iphone, ipod and shuffle, too.

#33 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

I'm here on argues behalf. Screw macs!!!

They're actually not bad in that they never slow down what so ever. I loved dro's mac, left it on for like 3 weeks, as fast as it just started up. Windows can't do that. That's the only thing I like about mac, otherwise security on it sucks, usability sucks, hate it.

my windows machines all do that
so i guess we're just back to an unqualified "screw macs"

this ftw

#34 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

You're an idiot

High RPM on your HD is unnecessary, especially when all it does is cause MORE HEAT!!!! Its a fucking LAPTOP! I can access my HD fast enough as it IS.
I also believe that 750GB on my HD is more than enough, since my old computer only had 160gb, of which I used barely 60.

Thunderbolt does NOT suck, you're just mad that the computer you pulled up doesn't have it.

My battery life IS in fact longer. Try taking ANY computer without a fucking bulk-ass battery around and see how it handles holding the battery charge.

The Mac OSX shuts down pieces of the computer separately so it's more efficient and you get more out of your battery life. For example, when the computer is idle, the computer will shut down all background processes and sections of the hard drive until it is being used again. It also automatically rations usage of the gfx card while not plugged in so that the battery can last as long as possible. (ALL WITHOUT adding additional weight to the machine, making it EXTREMELY portable)

Oh AND, the charger is powered by magnets. As in, If I were to trip the wire of my laptop by accident, the whole laptop wouldn't fall off of the table. It would simply be pulled out.
AND, have you seen the charger? Its TINY compared to the giant chargers on normal PCs. You can carry it around and it's as heavy as an iPod charger LOL.

Granted, the computer you pulled up looks good, but I wouldn't trust any company other than Asus anyway as they are the only company that creates hardware for their machines that even comes close to what I have now.
I know I got a good deal on my machine and I don't need you to find me cheaper and heavier/bulkier alternatives. I have windows 7, I have Mac OSX. I run everything I need and then some, and I can carry it in my shoulderbag without dying of shoulder cramps.

Lastly, god damn the trackpad is nice. I'm getting used to it now and (yes, it does right click) its smooth and one of the best trackpads Ive ever used in my life.
Just seriously, give up dude lol

Awwww. You have become a mac whore *hugs*. I love you anyways.

(P.S. Thats not how hard drives work)

#35 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

At least she's not a cunt.

*shrug*

#36 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

My $0.02

Nix systems are far superior to anything microsoft or apple can whip out. A few points of advantage(considering linux since that's what I have most experience with):
  • Free of cost backed by open source communities vs. hundreds of dollars backed by a corporation
  • Less resource intensive(ie doesn't require heavy specs to run smoothly)
  • Security
  • Modifiability(damn, I thought that was a word), some might consider this a weakness but most don't...
With that; my vote would go for the Mac, just cause it's more unix-like...

#37 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

(P.S. Thats not how hard drives work)

Pfft :3
Your time will come !
*shifty eyes*
Love you always master adam XD

At least she's not a cunt.

*shrug*

I hope not :x

#38 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

My $0.02

Nix systems are far superior to anything microsoft or apple can whip out. A few points of advantage(considering linux since that's what I have most experience with):

• Free of cost backed by open source communities vs. hundreds of dollars backed by a corporation
  • Less resource intensive(ie doesn't require heavy specs to run smoothly)
  • Security
  • Modifiability(damn, I thought that was a word), some might consider this a weakness but most don't...
With that; my vote would go for the Mac, just cause it's more unix-like...

*sadshake*

#39 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

I think I just figured it out, but thanks for the link... I'll need that for the future :p

Thanks, it worked XD
Actually, the first thing I did was plug in my Microsoft mouse from my old laptop into this thing. It worked instantly. THEN, I programmed the Trackpad to uhh, right click. The mouse works like a normal mouse on a normal computer so I was pretty amped about that :D

This laptop is so fucking delicious, and silent it's hard not to love :x
(This coming from an anti-mac person for the longest time)
Actually, I'm still not fond of most of their shit, but the MBP is a piece of work. xD

i am guessing you already figured it out by now but right click it simply [ctrl] + click
or you can change the settings so clicking one of the bottom corners becomes right click

my favorite by far is the four finger swipe
it makes doing projects so easy
also being able to scroll through documents while typing up a paper <3

Hello there. I used mac for college doing art and graphics.

I hate Macs with a passion.

Oh and I deal with idiots with macs on a daily base at work.

i use my mac to create illustrator images and i love it
i'm not really sure what problems you would have had with the system

my roommate does plenty of art intensive projects and has no problem and creates great work
her tablet is compatible with all of the CS program... really Mac is amazing for creating graphics

#40 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

Welp.

Just kiddinggg. I'm a Windows user myself, but I'm on my boyfriend's Macbook Pro probably 50% of the time because it's easier always on and open so I don't care one way or the other about the mac vs. pc debate. Apparently shit gets real when you bring up your Mac on Neocodex, hah.

#41 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

*sadshake*

I got it! "Configurability"...that should do it...

#42 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

The worst thing about Macs is usually the person behind the keyboard, so since that's not much of an issue in this case, it's really not a big deal, I'd think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users