Photo

Nickelodeon bringing back '90s programs

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

NEW YORK, March 15 (UPI) -- The U.S. cable network Nickelodeon says it is planning a new nighttime programming block this fall on TeenNick called "The '90s Are All That!"

The block will feature a rotating selection of live-action and animated shows from Nickelodeon's 1990s library -- including "All That," "Clarissa Explains it All," "The Adventures of Pete & Pete," "Rugrats," "Rocket Power," "Salute Your Shorts," "The Amanda Show" and "Kenan & Kel."

"There is an entire generation of young people who literally grew up on these great 1990s' series, and many of them have been vocal about wanting to see and experience these shows again,"

Read more: http://www.upi.com/E.../#ixzz1GmB729hx

I'm very excited that they are putting these old shows back on the air. However, I wish they included hey arnold and a few others.
Are you happy with this selection of shows or are there some you would have rather have re released? Posted Image

#2 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

Yea, Hey Arnold was great. They're missing some shows there, but I'm sure they'll rotate them in soon

#3 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

WTF, no Doug?

Posted Image

#4 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

Doesn't Disney own the rights to Doug now? They made a new series that had him in high school. And Roger was rich or something. It was terrible.

#5 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:57 AM

Doesn't Disney own the rights to Doug now? They made a new series that had him in high school. And Roger was rich or something. It was terrible.

What the fuck? Seriously? Shit. I was looking forward on watching the old Doug once again. Still, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold and Kenan & Kel were the ones which i enjoyed the most.

#6 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:59 AM

What the fuck? Seriously? Shit. I was looking forward on watching the old Doug once again. Still, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold and Kenan & Kel were the ones which i enjoyed the most.

o___0
I didn't know disney owned doug either.
& Rockos modern life is amazing Posted Image

#7 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

The entirety of Rocko's Modern Life is on Netflix (thank god!). And young Amanda Bynes? hmmm.... ;)

#8 Muffin

Muffin
  • 174 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

If they put Sister Sister back on i will be watching. I used to watch it every day religiously!

#9 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

+rep for bringing us this news. You have literally made my day with this post ^,^

sadly I don't have cable, but now I have incentive to get it MUAHAHAHAHAH

Edit:
I really fucking hope they bring this back!

Edited by Xwee, 16 March 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#10 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

If they put Sister Sister back on i will be watching. I used to watch it every day religiously!

Sister sister was on disney so I don't think they will be playing that haha

#11 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:51 AM

I looooved Kenan & Kell , Rocket Power, Rugrats omg @___@!!!!
Can't wait to watch this on the televisions :3

#12 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

Haha I loved Sister Sister xD I also used to love Rugrats as a kid, but it drives me insane if I were to ever sit through an episode now.

And I think I forced myself to watch the Amanda Show because my friends liked it, even though I didn't :3

#13 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

Rocket Power, Rugrats, and Rocko, (the three R's? Odd) are on my TV late at night.
But this is still awesome news.

#14 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

This is really exciting, but does anyone honestly care about The Adventures of Pete & Pete or Salute Your Shorts? I don't even remember those shows.

#15 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

You don't remember Salute Your Shorts?? That show was awesome! Underwear up the flagpole? Classic.

What they need to bring back is Hey Dude. Also, Legends of the Hidden Temple. That last round was impossible to get through.

#16 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

Legends of the Hidden Temple was freaking awesome.
I had a red jaguar shirt when I was little, haha.

#17 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

This is really exciting, but does anyone honestly care about The Adventures of Pete & Pete or Salute Your Shorts? I don't even remember those shows.

I remember salue your shorts but I have no idea what the adventures of pete & pete is.Posted Image

#18 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

I remember salue your shorts but I have no idea what the adventures of pete & pete is.Posted Image

Two ginger brothers and Artie, the strongest man... in the world.

#19 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

Two ginger brothers and Artie, the strongest man... in the world.

Oh, it's about gingers?Posted Image

#20 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

You don't remember Salute Your Shorts?? That show was awesome! Underwear up the flagpole? Classic.

What they need to bring back is Hey Dude. Also, Legends of the Hidden Temple. That last round was impossible to get through.

Ok, that sounds vaguely familiar, but it definitely wasn't a show I watched regularly.

What was Hey Dude? I'd love for them to bring back Legends of the Hidden Temple. I used to watch it on Nickelodeon GAS, but they took that channel off the air. :/

#21 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

Legends of the Hidden Temple was freaking awesome.
I had a red jaguar shirt when I was little, haha.

Nickelodeon has a whole channel dedicated to old sports shows I think

#22 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

Nickelodeon has a whole channel dedicated to old sports shows I think

It was Nick GAS, which had Double Dare and Wild and Crazy Kids too. But it's not airing anymore :(

Edit: Trichomes beat me to the punch!

Edited by Salamanda, 16 March 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#23 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

I was gonna say Sister Sister was Disney as well, but oh well. :p Another Disney show I miss (I think it was Disney?) Boy Meets World. ;-; one of my favorites.

As far as the shows listed.. none of them I really cared for, except maybe Rugrats and /sometimes/ All That.

#24 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

I used to love "Clarissa Explains it All" and "Rugrats". I remember that I liked "Hey, Arnold", "Doug" and "Sabrina", that wizard girl.

#25 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Edit:
I really fucking hope they bring this back!

Or at least let us poor Brits get season five onwards on DVD. I need more!

Edited by Lychee, 16 March 2011 - 11:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users