Habitarium....

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#51 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

Just a note to those new to habitarium.

If you discard your eggs from your bag/inventory, you WILL NOT get 200xp. You have to discard it from the 'field'

I learned that the hard way :/

#52 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:34 AM

i opening 24hours browser yet i am level 35...... how to level faster?

#53 QueensUp

QueensUp
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:40 AM

If anybody dares venture on to the Neoboard's you might already be aware of this but i'll share anyway...

If you block off access to your storage then it cuts down the time it takes to level up because they don't walk over there they just keep harvesting over and over. So if you move your storage to one corner then put those pointless Grarrl teeth decorations on the two exposed sides the P3s wont walk over. Seems to be making the process of levelling up a lot quicker.

Glitch I guess :whistling:

#54 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:10 AM

i opening 24hours browser yet i am level 35...... how to level faster?

what's your current set up of workers/nesters/soldiers?
Ideally you'd have half of your P3s to be workers upgraded to lvl 3 (unlocked at lvl 31), then the rest would be nesters & soldiers at your level. The number of which would vary if you have raiding neofriends.

I don't have any raiding neofriends and am currently on lvl 42, which allows me to have 40 P3s. I have 12 Nesters, 4 Soldiers and 24 workers.

The reason why I don't follow the ratio I suggested is because I have 8 pages worth of eggs and also because I'd prefer if my buildings got damaged, so that I get xp from repairing them.
And as someone mentioned in an earlier post, fully upgraded workers get more xp per hour than nesters get from discarding eggs.

#55 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:28 AM

what's your current set up of workers/nesters/soldiers?
Ideally you'd have half of your P3s to be workers upgraded to lvl 3 (unlocked at lvl 31), then the rest would be nesters & soldiers at your level. The number of which would vary if you have raiding neofriends.

I don't have any raiding neofriends and am currently on lvl 42, which allows me to have 40 P3s. I have 12 Nesters, 4 Soldiers and 24 workers.

The reason why I don't follow the ratio I suggested is because I have 8 pages worth of eggs and also because I'd prefer if my buildings got damaged, so that I get xp from repairing them.
And as someone mentioned in an earlier post, fully upgraded workers get more xp per hour than nesters get from discarding eggs.

i got 5 soldier 9 worker 23 nester i getting resources per time is 130xp. my P3 can't be upgraded. it state need to be lvl 51.

#56 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:28 AM

If anybody dares venture on to the Neoboard's you might already be aware of this but i'll share anyway...

If you block off access to your storage then it cuts down the time it takes to level up because they don't walk over there they just keep harvesting over and over. So if you move your storage to one corner then put those pointless Grarrl teeth decorations on the two exposed sides the P3s wont walk over. Seems to be making the process of levelling up a lot quicker.

Thanks for this useful piece of info :) I can confirm it works a treat :) Much appreciated

#57 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:39 AM

i got 5 soldier 9 worker 23 nester i getting resources per time is 130xp. my P3 can't be upgraded. it state need to be lvl 51.

Your P3s are fully upgraded already. First upgrade is unlocked at lvl 11, 2nd is at 31. The next upgrade won't be available until TNT releases more levels.
You have way too many nesters =p
Are they all nesting or alternating between nesting & harvesting? Upgrade the nests if you haven't already, but I didn't bother upgrading nesters themselves.
Once you have a few pages worth of eggs (make sure you have an even distribution) you can replace your nesters with workers when they die

#58 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:09 AM

I learned that the hard way :/

Same here... :/

#59 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

This is untrue. They harvest at the same rate, but the animation is cut down. If this is speeding up your harvesting, it's because the animations are causing the game and thus the server to lag.

Cutting down on the crappy animations is still a good thing, so I do use this tip as well, but it does NOT help you level faster.

#60 QueensUp

QueensUp
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:20 AM

This is untrue. They harvest at the same rate, but the animation is cut down. If this is speeding up your harvesting, it's because the animations are causing the game and thus the server to lag.

Cutting down on the crappy animations is still a good thing, so I do use this tip as well, but it does NOT help you level faster.

Ah I see. It does make things go quicker for me but my laptop does not like Habitarium one bit, guess it just makes it seem like i'm levelling faster by cutting out the lag.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

#61 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:26 AM

Yea; especially the lag when you're unadvanced running Abrosia :p

#62 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

i am gaining 3-4 level faster thanks. how to get rid unused resources i got too many of them

#63 Burd

Burd
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

how to get rid unused resources i got too many of them

lol Buy buildings and gift them to your friends or something.

#64 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

So many glitches now Im getting into the higher levels, lag, food not disappearing when eaten, petpetpets not gaining rest in houses etc. I do love it though! lol Its addictive, hopefully its not going to keep getting worse and end up like key quest.....ugh...key quest hates me.

#65 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

Isn't that good that the food isn't disapearing? :p

#66 Burd

Burd
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

Isn't that good that the food isn't disapearing? :p

xD
Unless it's completely glitching out and the P3's can't even eat it and you can't move it - it's just taking up space.

It takes me a few refreshes to get all my soldiers to stay in the houses -__-

#67 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

i am gaining 3-4 level faster thanks. how to get rid unused resources i got too many of them

I actually have a problem with unused resources too, especially since I can only send one present/day to each Neofriend. I just started filling my inventory with my full storage units and buying/upgrading new storage unit that are empty.

xD
Unless it's completely glitching out and the P3's can't even eat it and you can't move it - it's just taking up space.

It takes me a few refreshes to get all my soldiers to stay in the houses -__-

My game has been glitched since level 5... I have an egg in the corner of my habitarium that is incubating without a Nest OR a Nester on the same square. I can't move any buildings to that spot, but I can put P3s on top of it. It's permanently incubating, and will never go away =(

#68 Burd

Burd
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

My game has been glitched since level 5... I have an egg in the corner of my habitarium that is incubating without a Nest OR a Nester on the same square. I can't move any buildings to that spot, but I can put P3s on top of it. It's permanently incubating, and will never go away =(

I feel your pain - I have a dead square in my Habitarium. But I don't harvest close to it, so I just ignore it lol

I currently do not have a problem with excess resources -__-;
But I suppose I could just pop any full storage units back into the bag if it gets too crowded.

#69 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

I actually have a problem with unused resources too, especially since I can only send one present/day to each Neofriend. I just started filling my inventory with my full storage units and buying/upgrading new storage unit that are empty.

icic thanks i try it.

You Can move the bug Egg to ur inventory and delete it

#70 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

How is that not true?
Don't they have to walk ALL the way to the storage place and ALL the way back?
Now, I'm aware that they don't have to walk to the storage to gather resources; however, they do in fact have to walk back to gather more resources.
Depending on how far the distance between your storage and your resource, the time traveling back to the resource from the storage could take about 3 seconds.
Now multiply that by hours and you have yourself some time saved not walking back and forward to the storage than if you would have just blocked them off using decorations.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.

#71 Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

How is that not true?
Now, I'm aware that they don't have to walk to the storage to gather resources; however, they do in fact have to walk back to gather more resources.
Depending on how far the distance between your storage and your resource, the time traveling back to the resource from the storage could take about 3 seconds.
Now multiply that by hours and you have yourself some time saved not walking back and forward to the storage than if you would have just blocked them off using decorations.

That's incorrect, even if your walking time is lower, there's a set time between each interval so the P3s that take a shorter walking distance just end up at their foraging place longer. You can time it yourself if you're still not entirely convinced.

#72 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

How is that not true?

Formaldehyde is correct. You will harvest at the same rate even if your P3 is in the middle of walking to the storage tower. The animations are just for show, they don't mean anything towards the real game. All that matters is how many P3s you have harvesting at the same time, AND maybe the location of the storage tower (although I haven't tested this yet). Your updates still happen every 30 seconds no matter where your workers are when the update happens.

#73 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

That's incorrect, even if your walking time is lower, there's a set time between each interval so the P3s that take a shorter walking distance just end up at their foraging place longer. You can time it yourself if you're still not entirely convinced.

Hm, It doesn't seem to be harvesting at the same rate, the ones walking back and forward are still about a second behind the blocked off ones.
I'm guessing it's the animation that's slowing them down?
Any who, thanks for informing me.

#74 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

So many glitches now Im getting into the higher levels, lag, food not disappearing when eaten, petpetpets not gaining rest in houses etc. I do love it though! lol Its addictive, hopefully its not going to keep getting worse and end up like key quest.....ugh...key quest hates me.

haha, tell me about it!! I've got P3s eating thin air, where the food used to be. Nesters sitting on nests for ages and not laying. Soldiers not attacking pests that are in areas that have only one 'square's worth of access' & P3s not resting in houses & workers not harvesting when I put them next to resources.
gah, I just rotate them around to fix the problem but its goddamn annoying.

another glitch i've noticed recently is that when i go to discard eggs, sometimes it'll just stall/freeze during the wait/load time

and yay, i'm on level 45 now =D Spent all my resources upgrading storages =p

Edited by jonahfinn, 21 March 2011 - 06:33 PM.

#75 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

all those bugs are just memory allocation problem. they nv thrash those used memory properly which stack up more and more but opening 24hours will cause the program to keep piling up all the memory where gitches appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users