Photo

New Pet Color: 8-Bit

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#176 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:17 AM

The grundo looks straight out of an old-school PC game.
I wish they'd release 8-bit clothes that mimic old video games. That would make 8-bit pets a lot more appealing. My chomby needs something to wear, and he refuses to sport Laker colors.

well based on the images that were given, i don't really think that there are that many options for clothing for 8-bit pets. aside from the grundo

I mean since most of them are seen to be seen from the side, it would be kinda hard to show off any kind of clothing. For example if they get hats the hat brim would look like a line or something on anything but the grundo

I mean if most of them were posed like this,, then there would be more clothing options.
Posted Image

#177 Mystery

Mystery
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Imagine if TNT released 8bit clothes...in the NC mall xD
Like what they did with the baby pets.

#178 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

Imagine if TNT released 8bit clothes...in the NC mall xD
Like what they did with the baby pets.

yea but what sort of things could they release for 8bit pets anyway that people would actually want to spend NC points on to buy. I mean it seems pretty limited as i said due to the way in which the pets were posed.

The most they could do would be to add different colored shirts and pants, or maybe some kinda hat, none of which would really have any detail on them.

#179 Mystery

Mystery
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:31 AM

yea but what sort of things could they release for 8bit pets anyway that people would actually want to spend NC points on to buy. I mean it seems pretty limited as i said due to the way in which the pets were posed.

The most they could do would be to add different colored shirts and pants, or maybe some kinda hat, none of which would really have any detail on them.

As long as it looks good on at least 1 8bit pet,hardcore NCers will buy it in case of the value going up and for re-trading later on.

#180 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

As long as it looks good on at least 1 8bit pet,hardcore NCers will buy it in case of the value going up and for re-trading later on.

well i guess they could always make all sorts of 8 bit clothing for the grundo. But they wouldn't look good on any of the other pets though

#181 extraslim

extraslim
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

Got one from the lab today, pretty cool

http://www.neopets.c...pet=tachyonwipe

#182 Mystery

Mystery
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:49 AM

^Edit away your pet's name.

#183 Frowny

Frowny
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

Looks like the Grundo just proved that this color is best for the simpler looking pets.
I have a bad feeling all the four-legged/complex neopets are going to get ugly side-view drawings. :-(

#184 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Looks like the Grundo just proved that this color is best for the simpler looking pets.
I have a bad feeling all the four-legged/complex neopets are going to get ugly side-view drawings. :-(

I don't understand why they cant pose the 4 legged pets such as the chomby like this, Even if the 8-bit pets have a far lower pixel count i don't see why it isn't possible.

Posted Image

Edited by frostz, 23 May 2011 - 03:25 PM.

#185 Frowny

Frowny
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

Well, yes. It's very possible to make some amazing pixel art with a limited palette, but it might not be so easy for the neopets artists (judging from what they've made so far.)
It could also be that they're aiming for a simple style to make the pets feel more nostalgic. Like an old computer game. It's nice, but I feel they could have done something a lot more interesting. Not exactly like the examples you've shown, but something as detailed and fitting to the style of the site.

#186 Mystery

Mystery
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

I don't understand why they cant pose the 4 legged pets such as the chomby like this, Even if the 8-bit pets have a far lower pixel count i don't see why it isn't possible.

Posted Image

Arent those from the MH series? :p

#187 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

Arent those from the MH series? :p

yea they should be, but im just saying they should pose the chomby and other 4 leggers from a frontish side view instead of straight side view. The image was to illustrate what i was trying to get at.

Edited by frostz, 23 May 2011 - 11:19 PM.

#188 Isca

Isca
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

i think 8-bit was the dumbest color tnt came out with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users