Quantcast

Photo

Sick of Viacom's shit? Sick of Neopets support bullshit?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:44 PM

Well, I thought I'd talk about something I truly feel a passion about...

I wrote this up earlier - beat neopets

So, what does everyone think? Can we do this and show Viacom what we're capable of doing when we work together?

We're bigger than Viacom - let's show those fuckers who we are!!!!

What does everyone think?

Edited by cpvr, 26 March 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#2 Royce

Royce
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:51 PM

Basically your saying that a second neopets could be made?

#3 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

This seems pretty stupid if you ask me.Posted Image
Honest and blunt opinion is that you've been owned by TNT and is that you're a total attention whore.

your

Posted Image Excuse my OCD attack.

#4 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

Basically your saying that a second neopets could be made?

Well, you're missing out.

There's a lot of pet sites out there, that are doing better than Neopets - in terms of support, and showing their users that they actually care.

This is from Keith, the owner of Subeta.net - his site isn't the second "biggest" for no reason - and we are firm believers, if you're sick of Neopets shit, they why are you still supporting the game?

Innovation costs money.

Features, they cost money. Art? That costs money. Programmers? Well, for one that can build innovation that will scale with hundreds of thousands of users, that's pretty expensive. No one with that level of expertise is going to work for volunteer, or for a IOU.

Advertising? That costs money. Word of mouth will get you so far, but properties like WebKinz, Club Penguin, they didn't pop up with word of mouth. They had million dollar ad campaigns, fueled by companies worth millions of dollars. Behind that, they had high paid engineers who likely have expertise in dealing with scaling to the milisecond.

I don't want to rain on any parade, and I do think that at some point some site will beat Neopets. I think that there will be continued evolution in features and on forums like this we collectively make ourselves better.

#5 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

Find site interesting, must stop reading!

To be honest watching Neopets fall now that it isn't the same as it use to be would be highly interesting.

#6 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

There's a lot of pet sites out there, that are doing better than Neopets - in terms of support, and showing their users that they actually care.

This is from Keith, the owner of Subeta.net - his site isn't the second "biggest" for no reason - and we are firm believers, if you're sick of Neopets shit, they why are you still supporting the game?

And the reason that other sites are doing well in terms of support because they don't have a lot of players, which means less demand.
And its not "second" considering I haven't heard it and considering the "111,479 Total Users".
And a proletariats will never be able to take down the almighty TNT king considering the fact that there are so many players.
You should probably understand that less that 50% of the people are actually mad at TNT.

#7 Royce

Royce
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

Neopets isnt gonna fall, why?
it appeals to the 6 year old who loves owning and caring for his/her little pet
It appeals to the teen who either also loves having a little pet, or enjoys the market of Neopia, the fact that it isnt real life, however they can imagine it is
it appeals to the adult, who like the teen sees it as a getaway, a hobby, or a way to practice their sales skill(idk why, ppl area strange ahaha)

And the reason that other sites are doing well in terms of support because they don't have a lot of players, which means less demand.
And its not "second" considering I haven't heard it and considering the "111,479 Total Users".
And a proletariats will never be able to take down the almighty TNT king considering the fact that there are so many players.
You should probably understand that less that 50% of the people are actually mad at TNT.

50% are kids having fun ahah, they dont care

#8 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

Okay, my turn to rant. I could honestly see another Neopets like site bloom quite well. To be honest,

"Features, they cost money. Art? That costs money. Programmers? Well, for one that can build innovation that will scale with hundreds of thousands of users, that's pretty expensive. No one with that level of expertise is going to work for volunteer, or for a IOU. "

, is highly false. You get someone who is learning to program he'd do it for the experience. Art is a passion and a hobby, you could find plenty of people that would love to contribute. Features? Sure maaaaybe that would cost money, but only for servers and bandwidth costs the rest is just sitting down and brainstorming; guess what, PEOPLE LOVE TO CONTRIBUTE THEIR IDEAS, weed them out and put in the ones that make sense. Advertising by word of mouth also works VERY, EXTREMELY(My god can't emphasize enough) powerful, look at minecraft it is now one of the few games that breached 1million sales and it's in BETA, NOT EVER GUARANTEED TO RELEASE. Time is Money but money is not always time, if he went searching for people just wanting to help and get experience, he just needs to look. I would love to help, in a way, if necessary.

#9 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

Neopets isnt gonna fall, why?
it appeals to the 6 year old who loves owning and caring for his/her little pet
It appeals to the teen who either also loves having a little pet, or enjoys the market of Neopia, the fact that it isnt real life, however they can imagine it is
it appeals to the adult, who like the teen sees it as a getaway, a hobby, or a way to practice their sales skill(idk why, ppl area strange ahaha)

50% are kids having fun ahah, they dont care

Exactly. Unless something similar becomes as viral as Friday, I doubt Neopets will go out of business.
No matter how much you spread your ideals, there will always be those little kids who don't go anywhere on the internet except neopets.

#10 Royce

Royce
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

Okay, my turn to rant. I could honestly see another Neopets like site bloom quite well. To be honest,

, is highly false. You get someone who is learning to program he'd do it for the experience. Art is a passion and a hobby, you could find plenty of people that would love to contribute. Features? Sure maaaaybe that would cost money, but only for servers and bandwidth costs the rest is just sitting down and brainstorming; guess what, PEOPLE LOVE TO CONTRIBUTE THEIR IDEAS, weed them out and put in the ones that make sense. Advertising by word of mouth also works VERY, EXTREMELY(My god can't emphasize enough) powerful, look at minecraft it is now one of the few games that breached 1million sales and it's in BETA, NOT EVER GUARANTEED TO RELEASE. Time is Money but money is not always time, if he went searching for people just wanting to help and get experience, he just needs to look. I would love to help, in a way, if necessary.[/color]

exactly, are the people of codex getting paid for their programs...

#11 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:19 AM

exactly, are the people of codex getting paid for their programs...

<Unseen|> Hey slinks
<Unseen|> out of curiousity
<+ShadowLink64> sup
<Unseen|> Are you Kway Iargue and Pyro paid in any way for your programs
<+ShadowLink64> we had a pizza party, if that counts, haha
<+ShadowLink64> otherwise, no, not at the moment

^^^ and that there folks solves your programming issue.

#12 Royce

Royce
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

point proven

#13 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

, is highly false. You get someone who is learning to program he'd do it for the experience. Art is a passion and a hobby, you could find plenty of people that would love to contribute. Features? Sure maaaaybe that would cost money, but only for servers and bandwidth costs the rest is just sitting down and brainstorming; guess what, PEOPLE LOVE TO CONTRIBUTE THEIR IDEAS, weed them out and put in the ones that make sense. Advertising by word of mouth also works VERY, EXTREMELY(My god can't emphasize enough) powerful, look at minecraft it is now one of the few games that breached 1million sales and it's in BETA, NOT EVER GUARANTEED TO RELEASE. Time is Money but money is not always time, if he went searching for people just wanting to help and get experience, he just needs to look. I would love to help, in a way, if necessary.[/color]

Well, help us out join the campaign - we need all the support that we can get - we need to spread the word about this.

Viacom needs to show its users that they care, if not, why don't we just work on trying to beat them at their own game?

And plus, Subeta has money to hire coders that they know will help them morph into something greater than Neopets.

They haven't advertised much, but Keith is trying to advertise it, through google adwords

He doesn't have any "advertisements" on his site - but in fact, his users support the game.

Logged in as cpvr
sP: 98,060
CSC: 0
No active pet.
Users Online: 501

See? Subeta just needs some extra support - users are talking about them all over the web, and plus, if you search "Subeta" on google, they managed to survive on Anonymous attack, and yet they're still pushing.

Edited by cpvr, 27 March 2011 - 12:33 AM.

#14 Royce

Royce
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

Well, help us out join the campaign - we need all the support that we can get - we need to spread the word about this.

Viacom needs to show its users that they care, if not, why don't we just work on trying to beat them at their own game?

just to be clear, u are starting a virtual site like neopets??

#15 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:48 AM

Hmmm, Pherret, Velosotor, or Harvester... Decisions, Decisions.

#16 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:11 AM

just to be clear, u are starting a virtual site like neopets??

Nope - we are trying to beat neopets and show Viacom, that we mean business.

It's offical.

We're taking this the Neopets fan community - permission has granted:

Hello,

I don't see any problem with the link itself and what it contains. Sure, feel free to post it.

Regards,
Stealthy Steph
TDN Moderator.

TDN = the largest Neopets fan forum on the net and ranks for "Neopets", so we'll spark some changes if not, we can get a lot of people to jump ship:
Read our beat neopets - share your insight, let's start a movement - I'm also doing Twitter marketing, increased with facebook marketing, to users that were banned for no reason, I'm also going to see what I can do about getting this shit on some big-time Neopets sites...

This is a major fucking issue, fuck a Viacom - they're treating us like shit, and banning innocent fucking people.

If you guys want to help me - LINK me to everything - like "frozen" for no reason"

Fuck Viacom, we're going to bang this out and advertise the fuck out of it - because I truly belief, Neopets fucked up when they stopped caring for its users.

And plus, the stats don't lie - Neopets traffic is down from 5 million/month to 1 million today.

http://www.quantcast...e&v=-1827612499

[img]http://www.quantcast.com/profile/trafficGraph?wunit=wd%3Acom.neopets&drg=&dty=pp&gl=all&reachType=period&dtr=dm&width=522&country=UK&ggt=large&showDeleteButtons=true&v=-1827612499[

Edited by cpvr, 27 March 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#17 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

Attention Whore. <_<

#18 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:24 AM

whether or not Neopets fails, that isn't anywhere close for a guarantee that anything will take its place in the marketshare. Second-best companies can fail due to lack of interest in the idea after the biggest hitter is gone. If one fails, both, quite possibly, could.

#19 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:21 AM

Firstly, I wouldn't trust the head of Subeta, given that he'd rather endanger his playerbase's online identities rather than stop using a picture of Longcat.

Secondly, I'm going to hazard a guess that you're the CPVR of VirtualPetsList (it's a brilliant deducation, I know) who was heavily anti-Subeta a couple of years back because of...something to do with their finances? I can't be more specific, since the links have handily gone down. What's made you stop hating on them, buddy up and start hating on Neo?

#20 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

What's made you stop hating on them, buddy up and start hating on Neo?

Agreed! The irony of discussing it in a Neo-forum website is worth noting.

Edited by ColonelHayden, 27 March 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#21 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:36 AM

Ok, I'm just gonna toss my two cents in. First off, Neopets will most likely not die. It will come close, but the value will drop to such a low that Viacom will either sell to another major corporation and they will rebuild, or Viacom will begin to listen to its Users. Beyond that, even though Neopets traffic is down 80%, they still have 10 times more users in 1 month than the second leading pet site has total. Finally, who is going to take it down? You? I doubt it. Major marketing and the national spread of neopets has essentially monopolized this virtual market. They have a similar situation with Microsoft. Just like how Bill Gates owns most of his competition, if anything ever challenged Neopets dominance, Viacom would buy them out, and integrate. They wouldn't even share sites, like some other pet sites. No, they would take the important aspects, integrate newer users, and update the site, probably even put in a plot to increase interest.The fact that this hasn't happened yet means that Viacom isnt concerned. Do not be fooled. Viacom has incredibly intelligent people working for them. You are not smarter than them cpvr, and even if you were, they have money and power. I would have to guess this rant of yours stems off of a iced account of yours.

If you have a problem with neopets, get over it. No one is forcing you to play. i have watched you advertise multiple pet sites on here whom no one will ever care about. They are too inclusive, and don't appeal to the masses. The reason neo became popular was because most of us started playing in the 9-12range, and many of us are now 8-10 year veterans. They also do run a very successful site, which does handle many problems better than most other sites would, if they operated on such a large userbase. Most people think that if they can monitor a site tht has 10k users monthly, they can take the challenge of 1 mil users. You just can't. They obviously have some fixing to do, and this icings need to changed, and their customer service people need to be fired, but beyond that, they run a very good site, and no amount of ranting, done by anyone, will change the fact that neo is here to stay. Rest assured, things will change, but don't get your hopes up that neo will disappear

#22 Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

Neopets isn't going to die, at least not anytime soon. Yes, they have less people playing with each year, but there are many devoted players on their site and they will keep it running for a good while.

#23 anbeezy

anbeezy
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

Neopets has been building up for years. Doubt they're going to be losing a significant amount of users anytime soon. Heck, I had my account frozen but i still came back.

#24 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

Eh, tons of people who are very successful on neopets probably don't want to bother doing it again on another site.

#25 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Sooo this thread serves what purpose?

Besides grabbing attention, both for yourself and your website, this thread serves absolutely no point. Nothing is actually being discussed besides YOU.

Honestly, there are a million pet games out there, just as there are a million RPGs, a million FPSs, a million RTSs - it's just a type of game. Some genres are dominated by a franchise or single developer; look at Halo and CoD, or Starcraft, or Everquest/WoW. Trying to tell Starcraft fans that the 'new' competitor game is going to totally revolutionize the game genre is pointless - they aren't going to switch. Actually Starcraft makes a good example - the game is over ten years old (like neopets) and still, still the Koreans play nothing else. The only exception is StarCraft 2, which only came out within the last year. There is no sort of comparison between neopets and subeta.

PLUS there is the added difference between neopets and most games - browser based! Yep, TNT doesn't have to do anything except upload a new HTML page to change the way their game is played. Try updating Call of Duty like that. As a consequence, TNT have been gradually correcting all the little faults and quirks, adding in user generated suggestions and creations, tweaking their graphic design - all in real time. Sure, they started the same way your friends at Subeta are, with a few tower workstations in a garage no doubt. But NOW, they have probably two or three dozen full time employees (with merchandizing dept. included) constantly working to improve their game.

Adam and Donna were smart to get into the Internet when they did; they didn't create a single, actual physical product, and yet their company (Assets: the rights to neopets images, database content, etc) sold to Viacom for multimillions.

So in summation, you're about ten years late, and stop advertising. This isn't your personal billboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users