Quantcast

Photo

ChaCha! Get paid for answering questions?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#1 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

Hello Neocodex,
I'm about to tell you a story that has some relevance to this topic.
About a week ago I bought two $25 dollar NC cards, one for me and one for my girlfriend (first time ever buying one with real money). I was so stoked to have 2500 NC pop up on my main account, but that's when disaster struck! I have been cheating on flash games for some time now on a private proxy and I accidentally logged into my main Neopets account with it. At first, I was like no biggie, it's just once right? Wrong, I learned that the hard way. Almost 200 million Neopoints all of a sudden disappeared with this message.
Posted Image

Right then and there I refused to let my $25 dollars go to waste (not to mention 200mil) and I remembered coming across a thread post that informed me about a money making website. I wanted to make back the money that I had just lost really bad quickly without having to wait for my next paycheck. I'm sure many of you know this website, but not sure if you guys knew you could profit off of it, and the website I am referring to is ChaCha. With ChaCha you get trained to become a "guide" also known as "a question answerer" which takes merely 30 minutes of training. Guides make 0.02 (2 cents) per question, which may seem like crap, but when you learn to become quicker at answering questions you can make an average of $3-$4 an hour like I do now. It has been 6 days using ChaCha and I have already made $80, which is pretty good considering I'm a full time student that works 20 hours a week.

The questions that you are required to answer are relatively easy questions and have probably been asked before (ChaCha's database saves previously asked questions) so it's just two clicks to earn 2 cents within 10-20 seconds. Although there are easy questions, there is also some hard ones which you can't find in ChaCha's database, this is when you just send it to another guide and they have to answer it. Best part is, you still get paid to to send it to some one else to answer!

The qualifications to becoming a Guide:
1. You must be 18 years old.
2. You must have a steady home address or bank account (for them to send the money to)
3. You must pass a timed multiple choice test (Google the answers if you don't know it) you get like 5 minutes for 10 easy questions.
4. You must watch the training videos (Only takes you about 20 minutes or so)
5. You must past a readiness test (which is so easy if you pay attention to the training videos)
6. You must use my referral email: [email protected] (Joking; its optional) Although some people say you're more likely to get accepted if you are referred by somebody.
Questions:
1. What time is the most questions coming in?
-From my experience, the best times is from 12:00pm - 8:00 pm (HST) and 1am-2am (HST)
-ChaCha will inform via email when there's a high amount of traffic. They can also text you (Optional)
2. What's the difference between "points mode" and "cash mode"?
*Status Available : Points mode: Where you compete with other ChaCha guides to make it to the Top 25 (Monthly), the guides that make it to the Top 25 with points will receive double the amount of pay. Unfortunately, if you don't make it to the Top 25 you will only be making around 1.4-1.6cents/ 2 points, which is awful profit. This mode is not recommended if you are only working for a few hours every month because the people who make it to the Top 25 are people who do this shit all day. They're usually stay at home moms that get harassed by their husbands for not having to work. In order to make it to the top it is recommended that you start at the beginning of the month; the 1st. Your points will get converted to cash at the beginning of every month.
*Available (Cash mode): This is where you get paid 2 cents per question no matter what! This is probably the most recommended to people who are doing this part time; people like me and you. There's nothing else to say about this mode, it's just that awesome.
3. Are you given an amount of hours to work like a "real" job?
The answer is no! You can work whenever you want for however long you want! Just make sure you're putting at least eight hours a month and you're fine.
4. I just to the Readiness test, now what?
After taking the Readiness test, you now sit and wait for a couple days before ChaCha gets back to you via email. This usually takes about 2-4 days; however, if it takes over a week. Make sure to notify them and they will tell you if you made the cut. Here's the link: http://knowledgebase...com/contact.php
5. How long does it take for my Quality scores to update?
Quality scores are usually updated every day, but sometimes they may not be updated for a few days. After every week you will get a review on how well you did for the week. You should be getting quality scores at least in the 95% range and Query scores of at least 58% (Means you must answer at least 58% of the answers you receive. I'm not too sure how strict they are on those regulations, but I wouldn't risk it, so just try your best to answer the question to the best of your ability.
(Still updating this thread, may turn it into a guide of some sort if I have time)

Overall, this website is a great way to make money while Abing, and you get paid instantly or every month ( your choice) The link to becoming a guide: http://becomeaguide.chacha.com/
Also, If you need any help understanding any of this better or more examples, you can PM me.
Pictures of some of the questions I get and how I answer them so quickly:
Spoiler

Edited by CuriousOyster, 04 April 2011 - 02:14 AM.

#2 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:41 AM

tl;dr

Trying to get us to sign up to some shit, probably a referral. Maybe I should read? :S

#3 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:47 AM

I always wondered who did the chacha shit.
I ask so much random BS all the time haha.
This seems like a good idea, however :p
how much do you make?

#4 leptooners

leptooners
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:41 AM

Prolly works, otherwise he wouldn't post it asking for referrals. He doesn't make anything if you don't. I think that if you sign up because you read this thread, you should use his referral link. I mean, he did refer you.

Edited by leptooners, 01 April 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#5 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

I just quit doing this bullshit for KGB after working for them for like a year and a half. It's not a bad thing to do if you're online and bored anyway, but it was boring as fuck.

#6 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

I made a thread on this a few years ago. If you get less than 100$ you have to open up an account at the bank of indiana (I think that's what it's called). I did and scanned them my license or something a month ago and sent it to them (the bank) but I still havent been paid. :( Guess I should check on it and see what's up.

#7 gogetta

gogetta
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

Decided to give it a go, signed up under your referral. Watching training videos right now. Thanks!

#8 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:29 AM

Or you can work for me and get paid per every 100 words you write in either $$$ or NP.

#9 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

tl;dr

Trying to get us to sign up to some shit, probably a referral. Maybe I should read? :S

Using my referral is optional; however, I feel this benefits most people here who are selling Neopoints for "other"

I always wondered who did the chacha shit.
I ask so much random BS all the time haha.
This seems like a good idea, however :p
how much do you make?

Oh baby, I love answering questions like "If you were a baby seal, could you fuck a giraffe? If so what would you name your child?"
It's not anything you can really make a living off of, unless you spend your whole day doing it.
You make 2 cents per question, but there are events that can get you extra cash.
One of their events is that they give out two golden tickets, but it's completely random and you can earn a chance to get $50 added to your current earnings.
My friend has won this event before, lucky gypsy women.

I just quit doing this bullshit for KGB after working for them for like a year and a half. It's not a bad thing to do if you're online and bored anyway, but it was boring as fuck.

I was thinking about making a move to KGB, but I haven't found the time to do so yet.
For some reason, I find guiding to be pretty fun, and I get updated on shit like "Who got eliminated on American Idol"

I made a thread on this a few years ago. If you get less than 100$ you have to open up an account at the bank of indiana (I think that's what it's called). I did and scanned them my license or something a month ago and sent it to them (the bank) but I still havent been paid. :( Guess I should check on it and see what's up.

The "Pay me Now" feature is pretty swell, although I get the "Pay me Monthly" because I like a challenge.
You should really log in to your ChaCha account and leave feedback, many people get this problem every month, but there hasn't been one that wasn't resolved.
Here's the link: http://knowledgebase...com/contact.php

Decided to give it a go, signed up under your referral. Watching training videos right now. Thanks!

Good luck getting accepted! They get back to you fairly quick; I did.
They say 2-4 days, but I got accepted after a few hours, I think they're in demand for members right now in order to decrease the high traffic that's been going on.

Edited by CuriousOyster, 01 April 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#10 chickenwang555

chickenwang555
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

If you can make $80 a week thats about $4,160 bucks in your pocket after a year. This is definately a way to get a bored teen to take advantage of his/her parents for their first car. I'm just saying that is crazy. I wish I had known that when I was younger. I used to have WAYYY too much time on my hands.

I might do that sometime, though! :) Even if it was $80 a month, I would be so happy.

#11 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

$4/hour = waste of time.

Federal minimum wage is 7.25/hour in the United States... just got get a part time job. :p

Nice scheme they have going on though... charge a dollar per answer, pay someone 2 cents to answer it... I approve of their business model. :p

#12 gogetta

gogetta
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

$4/hour = waste of time.

Federal minimum wage is 7.25/hour in the United States... just got get a part time job. :p

Our minimum wage here is higher, but not by much... that's for sure. Hell it was even lower than that several years ago. lol

#13 Kanrik

Kanrik
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Nice scheme they have going on though... charge a dollar per answer, pay someone 2 cents to answer it... I approve of their business model. :p

ChaCha = free answers. KGB is a dollar or something per answer, but they probably pay the answer-ers more(?)
ChaCha makes their money by ads with each text they send. Where if you text the number in the ad it is (more than likely) one of those $14.99 a month BS things that "tell the first letter of your true love." Therefore getting money for having ads (like billboards, websites, etc.)
I never tried KGB, but I would figure they are ad-less since a dollar per text can add up Posted Image

#14 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

>works at a helpdesk.
>Already get paid to answer questions.
>Better salary.

#15 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Kgb_ pays more than chacha and it's the same service. Just sayin.

With kgb you get 5 cents for an automated answer that's already in the database and 10 cents for answers you have to research. On holidays (and big sporting events) you make 10 cents for automated and 15 cents for research.

Edited by Mishelle, 01 April 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#16 jebova2301

jebova2301
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

did you sign up as a generalist, or expeditor?

#17 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

$4/hour = waste of time.

It's not a waste of time if you have a part time job and you don't work many hours a week.
Also, it's accumulative so even if you only make $80 dollars a month, that'll pay you back for the gas money you spent to get to point A to point B.
Money is money, it's how hard you're willing to work for it is what counts.

Kgb_ pays more than chacha and it's the same service. Just sayin.

With kgb you get 5 cents for an automated answer that's already in the database and 10 cents for answers you have to research. On holidays (and big sporting events) you make 10 cents for automated and 15 cents for research.

Sure KGB pays more; however, since you have to pay for KGB, not many people use their service on a daily basis like they do with ChaCha that doesn't charge.
On a fast day you'll make a lot on KGB, on a slow day you probably won't make jack.
ChaCha on the other hand, is almost always active and flooding with questions.

did you sign up as a generalist, or expeditor?

I signed up as an expeditor; however, I will be making a move very soon to become a generalist.

Edited by CuriousOyster, 01 April 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#18 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

It's not a waste of time if you have a part time job and you don't work many hours a week.
Also, it's accumulative so even if you only make $80 dollars a month, that'll pay you back for the gas money you spent to get to point A to point B.
Money is money, it's how hard you're willing to work for it is what counts.

mif. there are jobs everywhere, including close to where you live.
i work part time at a clothing store that is 10miles away from my apartment.

to put the dollar amount in perspective i will give you a personal example :3

my car gets ~35miles to the gallon, so i spend ~$2.00 on gas on days i go to work
while minimum wage is $7.25 here as well most employers will ask you what you want to make
(i told them i wanted to make $9.25 an hour - and i do :: p.s. my co-workers make $7.50, there is benefit in asking and being confident)
i always work Saturday and Sunday for 8-10 hours and generally have another 6hr shift during the week
so in a week where i work my minimum of 22hours i will make $203.50
then of course subtract the ~$6.00 for driving to work and i have a net gain of $197

you would have to answer 9850 questions to earn the same amount
if you answered a question a minute it would take you 164 hours to complete the task
working non-stop for 24hours a day it would take you nearly 7 days to do so

summary::
working 24 hours a day for 7 days at ChaCha will earn you the same amount as i make currently working 22hours for 3 days

moral of the story::
go look for a job ;p

#19 gogetta

gogetta
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

I'm currently doing the readiness test. How will I know when it's over?

Edit - Nevermind, I guess I answered the last question 'cause something popped up telling me I was done.

Edited by gogetta, 01 April 2011 - 11:28 AM.

#20 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

summary::
working 24 hours a day for 7 days at ChaCha will earn you the same amount as i make currently working 22hours for 3 days

moral of the story::
go look for a job ;p

I agree, it's better to look for a job; I have one.
As I have said before, "You cannot make a living off it" but you know that better than anyone else on here. (I found ChaCha through one of your posts)
I made this thread particularly for people who want to earn some money on the side for answering mediocre questions.

#21 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

I agree, it's better to look for a job; I have one.
As I have said before, "You cannot make a living off it" but you know that better than anyone else on here. (I found ChaCha through one of your posts)
I made this thread particularly for people who want to earn some money on the side for answering mediocre questions.

oh yeah, my "power of Google" response to the person who could not figure out how to apply for a job
;p

& i hear ya
more of a general suggestion than a solution to people's economic woes
:thumbsup:

#22 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Or you can work for me and get paid per every 100 words you write in either $$ or NP.

Work for you? What you need, bro? I got mad typing skills, so perhaps I'm interested. 100 words is nothing! - Seriously, PM me.

#23 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

Yes people do use kgb on a daily basis. I used to work for kgb. There are always questions to answer you just have to schedule to work at the right time.

Edited by Mishelle, 01 April 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#24 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

The KGB just sounds terrible... Past issues with that particular acronym.

#25 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

Yes people do use kgb on a daily basis. I used to work for kgb. There are always questions to answer you just have to schedule to work at the right time.

1. What I was trying to say is; there isn't as much traffic on KGB than there is on ChaCha.
-There is twice the amount of traffic on ChaCha than there is on KGB.

2. You don't have to schedule to work for ChaCha, which is one of the most lovely parts about it.
You can work whenever you want and however long you choose Posted Image
Although, I think you do need to work at least a minimum of 8 hours per month, which isn't hard.
If you're not working for at least 8 hours a month, you might as well just steal change from wishing wells; imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users