Photo

Wishing Well

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

Do you think all of these attempts on different websites to find the wishing well avvy will be successful? The gist of what they are doing is throwing in random amounts of money and putting a check if it doesn't work. WTF? I mean, if someone does find it, what are the odds that they're going to share that number (look at the Bonju, it was an anonymous neomail after like 2 years). So do you think it'll be one of these "corporate solutions" that will find it, or just one lucky user who dumbly shares the news with the world?

#2 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Do you think all of these attempts on different websites to find the wishing well avvy will be successful? The gist of what they are doing is throwing in random amounts of money and putting a check if it doesn't work. WTF? I mean, if someone does find it, what are the odds that they're going to share that number (look at the Bonju, it was an anonymous neomail after like 2 years). So do you think it'll be one of these "corporate solutions" that will find it, or just one lucky user who dumbly shares the news with the world?

I think according to the last editorial is that it's basically random like the lever of doom.

Just out of curiosity: is there any semblance of logic behind the Wishing Well avatar solution, or are we completely overthinking it? ~togepi_forever
Nope, and yes.

#3 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

No, that just means we are overthinking it, not that it is random. Trust me, I've discussed the heck out of this on the Neoboards. If it was truly random, don't you think there would have been a HECK of a lot more users who have gotten it, and therefore using it on the neoboards? Just a thought.

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

No, that just means we are overthinking it, not that it is random. Trust me, I've discussed the heck out of this on the Neoboards. If it was truly random, don't you think there would have been a HECK of a lot more users who have gotten it, and therefore using it on the neoboards? Just a thought.

Well I mean there's no logic to it, so it's probably like, you have to donate 250 np each wish and it'll be random if you get it. but thus far people are switching up the amount donated and items they ask for. I'm thinking it's a set item and price, but you won't get it after like 50 tries (like lever of doom)

Are people still searching? lol. I thought people gave up

#5 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

Well I mean there's no logic to it, so it's probably like, you have to donate 250 np each wish and it'll be random if you get it. but thus far people are switching up the amount donated and items they ask for. I'm thinking it's a set item and price, but you won't get it after like 50 tries (like lever of doom)

Yes, this is almost definitely what it's going to end up being. I just wish they would hurry up and give us more hints like they did for the Chef Bonju.
The only other possibility is an item and NP combination, together with what you wish for, because it's safe to say all NP and item combinations have been done by now.

Are people still searching? lol. I thought people gave up

Yes, and wasting disgusting amounts of money doing it lol.

Edited by sam1122922226737, 07 April 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#6 Chloee

Chloee
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

I think in the end it would be something really really simple. Like having the numbers (phone wise) for the letters W.I.S.H.I.N.G and then asking for a Well or something...

I would seriously laugh it was something like that...

#7 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

I think in the end it would be something really really simple. Like having the numbers (phone wise) for the letters W.I.S.H.I.N.G and then asking for a Well or something...

I would seriously laugh it was something like that...

I would not laugh, I would cry at that simplicity.

#8 Guest_Serperior_*

Guest_Serperior_*

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

TNT stated it isn't related to items in an editorial hint, I do believe. I'll look it up.

#9 Chloee

Chloee
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

I would not laugh, I would cry at that simplicity.

Yeah same. But cry and laugh at the same time, since it would be so obvious, but since everyone is looking for a complex answer they ignore the obvious. Hm...may try it...

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

TNT stated it isn't related to items in an editorial hint, I do believe. I'll look it up.

yeah it has nothing to do with items, but what you ask for at the wishing well isn't item related (like having a phsyical item in your inventory)

#11 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

yeah it has nothing to do with items, but what you ask for at the wishing well isn't item related (like having a phsyical item in your inventory)

Well, yes. This makes sense. But does that mean it can't be a specific NP and wish combination? I doubt it.

#12 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:31 PM

I actually personally know the user who was the first one to get the bonju avatar.
I think the wishing well avatar is a random donation for everybody.

#13 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

Do like me.
Ask if the Wishing Well is related to any avatar or is the solution different. Then submit it the max three times everyday.

#14 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:17 PM

actually in one of the new features they said they asked the programming mynci's for a hint and they started throwing bananas.
So I'm guessing it might have something to do with
A. Myncis
B. Bananas
C. Banana Wars

In some form fashion or way, maybe having a mynci or having a mynci avatar or something like that?

#15 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

Have you ever heard of a red herring? ^ is a good definition.

#16 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

actually in one of the new features they said they asked the programming mynci's for a hint and they started throwing bananas.
A. Myncis
B. Bananas
C. Banana Wars

In some form fashion or way, maybe having a mynci or having a mynci avatar or something like that?

I think TNT are trying to mess with us a little on this one - I don't think they could say we are over complicating it and then link it somehow to a specific Neopet - would make it a little too specific I would think?

There was another message about it somewhere around the site, am drawing a blank, but I think it might have been as part of the Negg quest - it mentioned throwing something in the well would not get you an avatar, or something like that - did anybody else see this/remember where I've seen it?

#17 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

A. Myncis
B. Bananas
C. Banana Wars

I doubt that. It was released June 2010 why would they now be releasing clues? And besides they said they'd guess we have in 4 months.

#18 1337hunt3r

1337hunt3r
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

How do you know the avatar exists if nobody has it?

#19 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

Because TNT refer to it so often and released it officially in the news - the image for the avatar also exists and staff members have it.

#20 Mystery

Mystery
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:23 AM

staff members have it.

how do you know this?

#21 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:50 AM

Its been confirmed numerous times previously on other boards across the internet - I think TNT have mentioned it previously before.

Also - why would I make it up?

#22 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

I think TNT are trying to mess with us a little on this one - I don't think they could say we are over complicating it and then link it somehow to a specific Neopet - would make it a little too specific I would think?

There was another message about it somewhere around the site, am drawing a blank, but I think it might have been as part of the Negg quest - it mentioned throwing something in the well would not get you an avatar, or something like that - did anybody else see this/remember where I've seen it?

As a bonus for earning a Daily Dare Silver Trophy, a Blumaroll Dice Pack has been placed in your Inventory. Make sure you activate the die before using it to play, and don't try anything foolish like throwing it into the Wishing Well thinking that's how to get the avatar. It's not, okay?

#23 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

That was where I'd seen it - thank you. I haven't looked at the neoboards but I'm betting there are many people trying to decipher that now!

#24 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

You can throw only NP in the Wishing Well o.O Is there something to decipher at all?

#25 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

is there like a link to all the clues/hints tnt has given out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users