29 replies to this topic

#1 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

I am looking to spend roughly 500k on a BD set can go a little over if needed
it is for 2player BD so take that into consideration please

I have very little to none expeirience with 2p BD
so please take the in mind if you wish to PM me go ahead :)

I am going to be joining a war? or whatever BD players want to call it
a list of weapons for less than 500k can be found here
http://www.neopets.com/~swift_sd13

if it matters my pets HSD is roughly 300 or will be anyway ^^
HP: 180
Str: 60
Def: 40
Mov: 50
rounded up to the nearest 10
Pet is now a Tonu - 250k
Update:
Golden Compass - 34k
Greater Healing Scroll - 75k
Leaf Sheild - 11k
Scarab Ring - 1.3k
Downsize!- 4k

Edited by rizler, 20 April 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#2 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

Not sure about an entire set but these are some recommendations:

Downsize!
- pretty much a bd staple at this level

Vial of Fragrant Oil
Flaming Blooble Potion
Sroom Fruit Potion
- Pound for pound, these 3 provide the best iconage for the price. Sroom Fruit is the most reliable because it does the full icons as long as the opponent is anything other than dull but Vial of Fragrant Oil has the best icon types.

Golden Compass is probably the best constant to have at this price range; consider getting 2.

Also, get a Greater Healing Scroll.

Depending on your opponent's stats, voidberry potion/prickly potion is also an option but you must click first to take advantage of their unblockable nature

Is the fight going to be a freeze fight? If so, you pretty much need a freezer. The 2 options are the fragile scroll of freezing and ancient lupe wand (if you have a lupe)

Doin 2p with only 500k is real tough. If you are allowed one use items, don't forget stuff like lucky rabbit's foot and thick smoke bomb.

Are you only allowed to use stuff from that list? If so then some of this will probably be kaput.

#3 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

First a Farie break down if you didn't apply the skills.

Skills Must at given you are on a budget:

Gaze
Dimond Dust
Burrow
Sink

Would believe you have all of these, including the healing counter parts of 33% x3
Also what pet do you have?

Than with a 300 HSD and 500k.

Downsize! 5-15k
Randomly Firing Freeze Ray ( If you had guess correctly)( If not disregard) 250-375k
Smoke Bomb (5-20k)- Can't recall if you can equip with downsized, it's been a while.
Hanso Charm ( Dual) ( Given that you already have one from the prizes)(if not disregard) 380k-400k
Greater healing scroll (80k-100k)

You have 10(x2) icon+ 40% berserk- removes(Dark)-(50%freeze)(50% dodge all icons)+(100% dodge all icons)+sink(99% dodge icons) (borrow100%dodge) + 3(33% heals as an option in 1p or 2p)

About 600k-950k(given you have 1 hanso)
850k-1.2m ( without)

I suggest you save alittle more, 500k budget will spell disaster. I have a lvl 4 pet with dual( sos)+g-bomb+hanso+downsize+FreezePot(given byfriend recently)+a terrible Merca healing thingie (50% heal)
This is the most common bd set for most people in a war, given your pet is lvl 6-8. Your hopes are low brah!

But if it's for fun!

Downsize!
+/-Prickle
Hanso
Scarab
Greater healing scroll
Purple Sticky Hand (This makes me laugh during battle)
+/- SmokeBomb

Edited by italkaboutoddthings, 12 April 2011 - 06:38 PM.

#4 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

no the war limits you to have a BD set of MAX 500k nps :)
and no you are not aloud freezers :)

otherwise i wouldve spent millions :p
the pet is a blumaroo i may be willing to morph if it does not cost too much :)

not aloud to use PET Specific items such as that lupe wand sorry :S

and that list has pretty much most items worth upto 500k i think which will be good for the 2p fight
and not aloud 1 use items either :S

its my first 2p war so i just wanna try it out plus its more for starters (like me)

thanks for the input ill be sure to go buy the healer and the downsize

Also it does not matter wheather i own the item or not the full set must not cost more then 500k overall

maybe ill find the petpage with the infomation on it :)

http://www.neopets.com/~ReeLoed
^ is the rules for the battle :)
i think i kinda summed the important bit (BD set) but you can read if you like :)

#5 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

http://idb.finalhit....eginners/aPID/3
Keep going to the next page for more stuff.

http://idb.finalhit....eginners/aPID/3
Keep going to the next page for more stuff.

#6 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:04 AM

thanks junsu?

am not much of a reader more of a trail and fail kinda of person ;)

#7 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

I'm not that familiar with 500k battling but you will probably want to morph your blumaroo into something else. Normally I'd say pteri (40% resistance vs air) but because of the weapons available, Tonu might be a better choice (dark and physical are quite common among cheaper weapons).

Since the rules disallows int based weapons, 2x Golden Compass is pretty much as good as it gets for constants.

I notice one of the rules allows for stealing (which isn't normally allowed in fights). This basically means if you have the 201 agility and 68 int needed to use Heavy Robe of Thievery (agi isn't counted in league formulas) you will be at quite an advantage. Also, consider preparing for stealing matches by either putting junk in your first slot (hawk wand is best) if you don't have a full set of 8 or putting a weapon you don't mind losing.

I definately suggest that you do not use Hanso Charisma Charm because at 400k, it will choke up the rest of your set. If you use Tonu + Golden Compass, all the dark blocking should be more than enough to justify their use over ONE full blocking weapon.

Leaf Shield and Patched Magical Hat are good items to consider as well.

Is Fighting Folder banned? I've always been quite impressed with that weapon.

That's all I got for now, a friend of mine also wants to participate in this event so I may have more stuff to share later.

#8 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

awesome thanks :)
ill have to try get my agility up quite quickly
and ill be sure to morph my pet into a Tonu
+rep

ive morphed my pet into a tonu now :)

i might need an alternative to the robe seeing as getting 201 agility will be VERY VERY expensive

does Purple stick hand work just as good? or another colour hand which is as efficient?

Edited by rizler, 13 April 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#9 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for rep!

Imo, with stealing, it's an all or nothing thing. Either go heavy robe of thievery or none at all because purple sticky hand only works 50% of the time (I rather use a constant). I'm probably overrating stealing anyway especially at this low level (you may or may not end up stealing something central to your opp's strategy) and you might not have time to get to 201 agi.

#10 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

aright so ill just leave that "stealer slot" open for a crappy item like you said in my first slot which i wouldnt mind being stolen then :)

#11 contour

contour
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

Go for Helm of Recovery, not Greater Healing Scroll. The Helm is cheaper.

#12 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:22 AM

Go for Helm of Recovery, not Greater Healing Scroll. The Helm is cheaper.

i assume that they both do the same healing?
ill check them both out :)

EDIT: so i checked them both out and found out that the greater healing scroll heals UP TO 50hp
and that the helm of recovery actually always heals 50hp?

correct me if i am wrong :)

for Fighting Folder i dont think it is because if there is no rule against it being banned one should assume that it is allowed?
also why would it be banned? is it because it does a little 2hp heal?

as for either the Leaf Shield or Pacthed Magic hat i think it would depend on wheather "low" level BDers use more water or light? i dont know so hoping you can answer that :)

Edited by rizler, 15 April 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#13 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

Neither Greater Healing Scroll nor Helm of Recovery overheal and since the scroll is priced at 70k, that's the better option. They're worded differently on idb but that's just cause the site is in desperate need of some house cleaning (it's missing some key information like the Tonu's 30% dark resistance, and a bit portion of the community is incapable of simple math).

Also, your pet is classified as league 8 which means your stats are a bit sub par (you will be up against these common League 8 builds are 176/85/125 or 113/125/200 or 223/55/85). Any way to fix this in time?

#14 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

ok ill be off to buy the greater healing scroll now then :)

just wondering why is the def in L8 significantly higher than str?
also i can probably do the 3rd or 1st build
also my pet isnt trainable so its been in training school since hoping to get lvl 50 asap so i can use beserk

#15 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

You can read about the league system here: http://www.neopets.com/~leaguecalc

But basically, because str is a better stat than defense (str is always used, but def is only used when you block the right icon) so it "costs" more points to have str than def.

The first build is probably the best and it's attainable as long as you haven't gone over 176 hp.

If you can't make a maxed build in time, it would still be a good idea to get your def to 55 boost.

Edited by Pavement, 15 April 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#16 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:29 AM

*ouch* i am on 179 hp :S
cant i just lower another stat like def? or something?
also the pets we are chosen to fight works on rating not leagues maybe thats a bit different from other normal 2p wars?

working on my 55boost now with armoured neggs

Edited by rizler, 15 April 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#17 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

The rules does say that they are using the League system to determine ratings, unless I might be reading it wrong? Also, there's no way to lower def i think and the only way to lower hp doesnt rly work (feed vortex neggs which have a better chance of raising hp than lowering).

If you look at http://www.neopets.c...c?hsd=179/60/40 those are all the available max builds for your pet. The 223 hp build is probably the best, but some of the others aren't too shabby.

#18 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

i didnt mean actually lowering the stat
maybe sometimes when i type it usually does get mis interperated :p
i meant as in not train to the max of the first build you posted like not train def to 125 but instead to something lower like 120 or 110 or something?

and sorry :S dont think the 223hp build will work i use a ASP which took me to just above 60 sorry :(

if you are on MSN or something maybe we can talk better/quicker there? and more specific aswell :)

Edited by rizler, 15 April 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#19 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

With def and str, the only numbers that matter are at boosts like 55, 85, 125, 200, etc. So basically anything from 85 to 124 is the exact same stat and won't count towards a league calculation. Therefore, if you are interested in getting the 223 build, it is still attainable because anything from 55 to 84 str counts as 55 str so going over doesn't rly matter unless you are up an entire boost.

And sure, I could go on msn later today but not right now.

#20 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

ok thats a big help i spent about a mil negging yesterday :o
didnt realize how expensive it was :p

#21 contour

contour
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:53 AM

Neither Greater Healing Scroll nor Helm of Recovery overheal and since the scroll is priced at 70k, that's the better option. They're worded differently on idb but that's just cause the site is in desperate need of some house cleaning (it's missing some key information like the Tonu's 30% dark resistance, and a bit portion of the community is incapable of simple math).

Also, your pet is classified as league 8 which means your stats are a bit sub par (you will be up against these common League 8 builds are 176/85/125 or 113/125/200 or 223/55/85). Any way to fix this in time?

The scroll and the helm. both do the exact same thing. The Scroll is priced at around 70k, the helm is at 55k. The scroll is obtainable from the wheel of knowledge, but ever since they made that wheel once per day, it's been a lot harder to get GHS from there now. Hence, the r95 Helm of Recovery is cheaper than the r99 GHS.

Here's my set I recommend:

With your stats, negging still isn't worth it.

Here is my recommended set:

Leaf Shield = 15k
Downsize = 2k
Randomly Firing Freeze Ray = 180k
Vial of Fragrant Oil = 40k
Flaming Blooble Potion = 40k
Helm of Recovery = 55k
Golden Compass - Currently Have
Scarab Ring = 5k (I'm serious, these things are great on budget)

This should provide you with more than 150k leftover. Save up that 150k and build on it for Ylana's Blaster or Brynn's Sword of Wrath Smiting

#22 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

Hmm, didn't know that helm of recovery had deflated so much.

Also, VoFo and FBP can't be used because they are int dependent

#23 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

and i dont think the RFFR will be able to use because you are not aloud freezers

#24 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

thanks for the replies ill post my final set soon :)
including my abitlites and build
am just having trouble with my A-Neggs because my pet is staying bloated and i got about 30 more to feed him :S
any recommendations on how to get my pet to "dying" quicker?

#25 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

In a Neopian Times Article, TNT said that there is no way to make your neopet get hungry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users