Photo

Stamp Avatars

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:11 AM

I'm a massive avatar collector on neopets and have been since they were first introduced. Now cheating has opened up new doors for me to actually get the avatars I want - i.e. scoresending, buying items/neopoints on here etc - I've started to look at the stamp album avatars quite longingly.

So, does anybody on these boards have any of the stamp avatars? If so, which ones, and approximately how much did they cost you?

Edited by Sammiantha, 19 April 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:56 AM

Problem with stamp avatars on a cheating account is getting frozen.
You can't sell them on for cash if you think you've fucked up.

The Terror Mountain set is the cheapest, but it'll still set you back a good 200 million. That said, individual stamps from other avatar sets can be worth double that alone.

#3 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:00 AM

I'm a massive avatar collector on neopets and have been since they were first introduced. Now cheating has opened up new doors for me to actually get the avatars I want - i.e. scoresending, buying items/neopoints on here etc - I've started to look at the stamp album avatars quite longingly.

So, does anybody on these boards have any of the stamp avatars? If so, which ones, and approximately how much did they cost you?

I managed to get most of the Battle stamps before they released the Avatar, so it really didn't cost me much. I think maybe the battle set is still one of the cheapest to go for. I'm not sure on total worth, around 200mill aswell.

#4 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:30 AM

Problem with stamp avatars on a cheating account is getting frozen.
You can't sell them on for cash if you think you've fucked up.

The Terror Mountain set is the cheapest, but it'll still set you back a good 200 million. That said, individual stamps from other avatar sets can be worth double that alone.

This is very true, however my cheating is fairly limited on neopets (very rarely AB, and scoresend only for Avatars below review) so I'm hopeful that it won't happen to me as long as I continue to be careful.

I thought the Battledome set was the cheapest and am only missing 3 stamps from that page now, will have to look into the Terror Mountain set - some of the individual stamp prices for other albums are ridiculous.

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

This is very true, however my cheating is fairly limited on neopets (very rarely AB, and scoresend only for Avatars below review) so I'm hopeful that it won't happen to me as long as I continue to be careful.

I thought the Battledome set was the cheapest and am only missing 3 stamps from that page now, will have to look into the Terror Mountain set - some of the individual stamp prices for other albums are ridiculous.

I forgot about the Battledome set. I'm not sure how much that's inflated since its release, but as far as I remember, it has no retireds, and only one r99, so it oughtn't be too bad.

#6 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:36 AM

I forgot about the Battledome set. I'm not sure how much that's inflated since its release, but as far as I remember, it has no retireds, and only one r99, so it oughtn't be too bad.

Most expensive priced stamp is about 17.5mil at the moment, but like you say they are all still active items so price has remained fairly low. Only one stamp which nobody seems to have at the moment - patience is a virtue I guess ;)

#7 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

Most expensive priced stamp is about 17.5mil at the moment, but like you say they are all still active items so price has remained fairly low. Only one stamp which nobody seems to have at the moment - patience is a virtue I guess ;)

Battle slices sells for about 140mill i think hun. The rest only adds up to about 30 - 50 mill ish tho i think :)

#8 lRoyalty

lRoyalty
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

I have had: Lost Desert, Virtupets, Snowy Valley, and Haunted Woods.
Only needed mystery island grarrl for the mystery island set.
Needed battle slices for the battledome set.
And needed wock til you drop to get tyrannia.

I actually got them on an account that I got into that had a few nice rare old stamps. It only had...virtupets I think it was when I got in, but I managed to get the other 3 I mentioned myself.
I think I still have screenies somewhere.

Battledome set would be cheapest though. You can get battle slices stamp around 100mil, the rest are pretty cheap for the most part.

#9 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:07 AM

As they said the Battledome set is probably the cheapest, but if you want to save nps, you could complete other sets for which TNT has yet to release the avatar... that's what I'm doing at least :)

#10 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Bd is cheapest but battle slinces for 140million hard to get

#11 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

As they said the Battledome set is probably the cheapest, but if you want to save nps, you could complete other sets for which TNT has yet to release the avatar... that's what I'm doing at least :)

I am doing that too, I completed the seashells collection and I just need one more to finish the Shenkuu one. Next one will be evil coconuts (I always had a feeling about this collection)

#12 InFeeD

InFeeD
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

I can never fathom how a stamps can worth so much

#13 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

avatars can make people do stupid things

#14 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

Stamps are 1 use and retire ones run out each time used so low supply high demand. Neopets is serious business

#15 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

Im trying for bd set atm... so hard. i still needa save up so much.

#16 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Btw, does anyone know how rare are 100 rarity stamps? I think is the highest that rs in shops. It's just I've been stalking the TP for a Shenkuu Stamp (the last one) and I havent found a single one. I know it may be hard to get, but I cant believe nobody has restocked or tried to trade one in all this time.

#17 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:27 AM

After reading this, it surprised me on how "cheap" can be so relative.
At the amount of NP that i have now, i can't even imagine beginning to collect stamp avatars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users