Photo

TNT alert?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

Ive been wondering bout this for quite some time, I also don't know if this' the right place to post this, but I'm just gonna do it here!

I'm really curious, aren't the owners / 'higher ups' of this forum afraid that TNT might be on to us? I remember once when I was searching for something, not even cheats related and Necodex was featured as one of the top results. I mean our programs aren't exactly very private, wouldn't TNT have like full access to our stuff and be able to take action?

Before I found Necodex, I was trying to get answers for Lenny Connundrum and got it off a little ' Q&A website' ( much like yahoo answers) and a few days later I wanted to look at that post again, but apparently it got deleted. Might be due to other reasons but I would say it might have been TNT telling them to take it off or something?

So yeah, aren't you guys afraid?! Would there be a chance where they 'disable' us from using the programs etc?

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:11 AM

We don't cheat. We are a legit neopet fan community.
See the neologs. That's what I'm all about.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:15 AM

They're not allowed on here. And even though there are rats out there, just don't post your information. How do you think they'll exactly get into this site without taking legal action...

#4 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

We don't cheat. We are a legit neopet fan community.
See the neologs. That's what I'm all about.

Whaaaaat?? No we're not. LOL.

They're not allowed on here. And even though there are rats out there, just don't post your information. How do you think they'll exactly get into this site without taking legal action...

I'm sorry but, how do you mean they're not allowed on here?

#5 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

I've always wondered about this. ^__^ Thanks for the thread. Hopefully we can grab answers :)

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

It's ok, we have a contingency plan to relocate to Canada and become lumberjacks if the fuzz start putting the heat on.

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:28 AM

Whaaaaat?? No we're not. LOL.

I'm sorry but, how do you mean they're not allowed on here?

Super Spy Waser tracks their IP's and stuff. They're basically IP banned. So we mostly just have the moles trying to report the stupid people who are like "I'm selling the account Munsterpoo" or something.
They can't get into the internal workings of the site. They have just as much chance as any old hacker trying to hack onto here. Unless they take legal action, I doubt they'll spend that much time hacking this site

And Noit's legit. He doesn't cheat.

#8 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

arent there like 50 million threads like this that have been made and answered previously?

Serious, use the search function FFS

#9 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

But bog, How much can TNT see on the site?
Apart from the front page lmao :D

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

arent there like 50 million threads like this that have been made and answered previously?

As I suggested, people should have to take a test before posting/using Abrosia xD

#11 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

Lol, Chill out dude. Theres some newbies who are curious. Such as myself :)

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:32 AM

But bog, How much can TNT see on the site?
Apart from the front page lmao :D

It doesn't really matter how much they can see, we don't break any laws.

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:32 AM

Serious, its not that hard to use common sense before creating a thread people. Do a search and if it turns up no results, then go for it :)

#14 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

Serious, its not that hard to use common sense before creating a thread people. Do a search and if it turns up no results, then go for it

Same could be said for the other threads on here. Anyway guys thanks
Hope the OP got answers :D

#15 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:39 AM

How exactly do you search for something like that? As you can see my post title's already quite inappropriate because I don't know how to better phrase it.

But then again, what about actually downloading the files and "looking" at them and figuring out ways to shut them off. :o

#16 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:42 AM

Your correct when you said This site isnt exactly private it's very open i'm sure TNT can crack a code lol

#17 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:44 AM

But then again, what about actually downloading the files and "looking" at them and figuring out ways to shut them off. :o

If they wanted to stop the programs (temporarily) it would be quite easy for them but they don't because they know that it wouldn't take very long for our programmers to update the programs to get around any changes. They don't try to stop the programs because it's a waste of their time really.

#18 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

If they wanted to stop the programs (temporarily) it would be quite easy for them but they don't because they know that it wouldn't take very long for our programmers to update the programs to get around any changes. They don't try to stop the programs because it's a waste of their time really.

Yeah that makes sense.. It's like an endless cycle huh. It's pretty sad for them actually isn't it. So I guess nothing really is in our way anymore unless we do something stupid like have abrosia on for like 1 day straight.
Well that clears up my doubts. Thank you.

#19 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

in my opinion i think its actually sites like ours that keep Neopets running really. haha Just think, of the majority of people who are on neo, a LOT would be using programs.

#20 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:25 AM

in my opinion i think its actually sites like ours that keep Neopets running really. haha Just think, of the majority of people who are on neo, a LOT would be using programs.

True that, I remember playing when i was like 8, going like ,' oh my god, how do i even get 1million neopoints? and there are items that cost 10 million!!!! *faints* ' aaand sorta gave up after.

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

I'm sure they TNT are allowed on here. I don't know how you would disallow someone access really.

It's ok, we have a contingency plan to relocate to Canada and become lumberjacks if the fuzz start putting the heat on.

^^^^^^^^^ This

We really try to make neopets more fun and enjoyable for all. See simulator, neologs, avatarlog, `neoalerts, neotracker

#22 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

I'm sure they TNT are allowed on here. I don't know how you would disallow someone access really.

When joining, isn't it part of the ToS that TNT can't be a part of this site?

#23 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:34 AM

When joining, isn't it part of the ToS that TNT can't be a part of this site?

As if they give a hoot about that.....

#24 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:40 AM

Yeah I'm sure our tos is not legally binding. lol

#25 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:06 AM

i think i remember talking about this in IRC about a year or so ago lol.

what happened to the Yacht plan? I was looking forward to stowing away XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users