Christianity: Growth or Demise?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

will Christianity bring growth or does it actually bring forth destruction not only to the state but to the individual as well?

#2 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:43 PM

Make-up is the answer...

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

Short term growth at the cost of civil liberties and scientific reason, followed by an extended demise amid the death throes of an obsolete philosophy.

#4 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

Christianity is just an excuse for those who wish to cause destruction to cause it,
but those who need something to believe in to grow use Christianity.

Basicly, its just an excuse that people tell themselves to let them do w/e they wanted to do in the first place.
Except now they have a "reason".

#5 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:28 PM

The answer is so blatantly obvious, it makes me think you're just racing to 500.

Stick with the other topic; I liked where it was going...(because I like my idea being discussed :p )

#6 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

The answer is so blatantly obvious, it makes me think you're just racing to 500.

Stick with the other topic; I liked where it was going...(because I like my idea being discussed :p )

nah, not really interested with the 500posts. just looking for some mental masturbation. lol :D the additional posts are merely incidental to my real motive. :)

#7 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

nah, not really interested with the 500posts. just looking for some mental masturbation. lol :D the additional posts are merely incidental to my real motive. :)

Then I take it back. But I'm pretty sure it's widely agreed upon that christianity and most religions suck. Or if you wanna be neutral about it and consider only it's benefits towards society(in terms of moralistic teachings) then it would be totally redundant...

#8 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

Then I take it back. But I'm pretty sure it's widely agreed upon that christianity and most religions suck. Or if you wanna be neutral about it and consider only it's benefits towards society(in terms of moralistic teachings) then it would be totally redundant...

I think everyone should have their own religion and think as they wish to. Things like Christianity have so many strings attached omg.
Ok so I believe theres a god.
No, people dont just magically appear. No, evolution is not fake. No, gay people will not infect everyone.
No, that doesnt mean that there is only one god. No, I do not want to go to church. No, Christianity is not the best religion.

#9 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

honestly, i think specially nowadays, religion has to much put their feet to which they are not supposed to be. They have consistently meddled which the state's authority specially here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, most constitutions, including ours, has the stand of benevolent neutrality. That is - the wall between the two is not a wall of hostility. The rule in here is that the state cannot and ought not to meddle with the church, but the church may. :/

#10 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Ughh I hate religion.
Religion is the reason I'm not sober.
AA & N/A Is all about christianity and god and shit fuckkk ......................

I think they are programs to get you from being a crackie to religious

anyways, religions a joke

#11 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

Ughh I hate religion.
AA & N/A Is all about christianity and god and shit fuckkk ......................

Yeah, religion is just another drug anyway; my old babysitter at one point was an alcoholic, but replace alcohol with Jesus Christ and it's pretty much the same thing.

People like her are why I'm bordering on atheist. I mean, she's not a bad person but she had a sticker on her car that said "Marriage = Man + Woman" and when I asked her why there haven't been any female presidents, she said "Women are weak." Come on now, you're a part-minority female and you seriously believe that garbage?

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 03 May 2011 - 03:48 PM.

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

Short term growth at the cost of civil liberties and scientific reason, followed by an extended demise amid the death throes of an obsolete philosophy.

Posted Image

Ughh I hate religion.

Your lack of self discipline and willpower is the reason you're not sober. Don't be blaming Jesus for that.

#13 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

Your lack of self discipline and willpower is the reason you're not sober. Don't be blaming Jesus for that.

How do you know it's not the lack of giving a fuck?

#14 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

will Christianity bring growth or does it actually bring forth destruction not only to the state but to the individual as well?

Christianity is the base of most laws, but then again almost any religion you wish to look into holds the same basic principles. Though back in the day before we had technology it was a decent guideline for behavior, now that we have technology it is kind of out of date. I think to follow the bible word for word, as of this moment, would result in a lot of deaths and chaos as there are multiple people out there that would been seen as "demonic" "sinner" and a "witch" by the eyes of early Christians. Though if we had been following it all along, we probably wouldn't have half the knowledge that we now posses. We wouldn't be able to really be ourselves as freely as we are. I think about Christianity as I do most religion, "Just because it's right for you, doesn't make it right for me."

There is also the finance to look at. I've heard that to get richer, one should donate 10% of their money to the church. Now, 10% of a dollar isn't a lot, but 10% of 1,000,000 is a hefty sum of money. I think if this were followed properly, only the churches would thrive very much and the ideal job would be a Priesthood, or a Priest's wife.

The arguements, there have been many wars in the past carried out for differences in translation of the bible. If everyone was very dedicated to being a christian, do you realize how many fights, disputes, wars, etc. would break out on a daily if not hourly basis?

For an individual, Christianity might be the answer, depending on the situation they are in. As a state, county, country or planted, I think it would bring about distruction, chaos, and much more.

#15 anbeezy

anbeezy
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Seeing as how Christianity has been around for along time and is still present and possibly growing today, I don't think it will necessarily explode and destroy the world and bring chaos and such. lol If you're speaking figuratively, then Idk. lolz

#16 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

Ughh I hate religion.

Posted Image

#17 Sovie

Sovie
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

Religion just gets in the way of politics.

#18 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

I'm a Christian.

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

I'm a Christian.

And you're also a moron.
Correlation.

Causation?

#20 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

lololol so much hate sween

#21 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

lololol so much hate sween

The only things Joe hates are stupidity and ignorance. Don't take it personally.

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

The only things Joe hates are stupidity and ignorance. Don't take it personally.

And avocados.

#23 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

I hate religion. It was used to explain the mysteries of the world hundreds of years ago, most of which can be solved today with science and technology. When you die, you're dead. You're not gonna go to some fantasy world or burn for the rest of eternity. (Seriously, it sounds ridiculous. Like something a parent tells a child to keep them from misbehaving. "Don't eat the cookies, OR YOU'LL BURN IN HELL!") You're gonna be dead and rotting in the ground. Nothing special is going to happen, and why should it? The only good thing I can see coming out of religion are the moral values it teaches people... that's it. So, definitely a demise for the most part. : D

#24 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:41 AM

religion nowadays should really be used as a spiritual thing, yes it does get in the way of politics and such at times but without it many people would struggle without it in their lives.
a lot of the "miracles" that are describe are bigger than the actual miracle thmeselves it is more about the teachings behind all the stories that is important

to the original question i dont see how believeing in a faith can possibly cause demise
growth is the obvious one that i support all the teachings that is behind it

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:49 AM

to the original question i dont see how believeing in a faith can possibly cause demise

For the most literal interpretations, look up Christian Scientists, or faith healers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users