- - - - -

Array of Bytes [How to]

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#76 blackmiracle

blackmiracle
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

kay i've probably gone and done a really stupid thing...

Im on a mac and downloaded the CE for mac, i tried it out on Kass Basher and worked fine.. so i went to try out Meerca Chase and put everything in right but i got confused and pressed the red circle.. which deleted all the addresses, and now CE wont work.
Ive tried re-downloading it several times but whenever i put the code in and scan, nothing on the left box appears >.< greeat

** Ive fixed it now

Edited by blackmiracle, 08 May 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#77 kingdomheartzgirl

kingdomheartzgirl
  • 31 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

Oh, nice, I'd been seeing "AoB" tossed around and wondered what that meant :) Definitely going to try it.

#78 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

I don't know if this helps anyone running chrome, but my flash process/thing (sorry, I'm not overly technical xD) is always under the rundll32.exe process. The numbers change, but that's always the one that works for me!

Spoiler

Your welcome! I'm glad I could help someone! I kinda figured this out with help from this --> http://www.neocodex....-use-chrome-ce/, but then I realised there was a pattern, and the right one was always under the white sheet. (Thats how I remember it, anyway xD)

For some reason rundll32.exe doesn't show up when I try this.  :unsure: 

#79 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

For some reason rundll32.exe doesn't show up when I try this.  :unsure:

It doesn't show up for me anymore either :/ A year ago it did work, but I think something changed, and now it doesn't show up :/ Lately whenever I use AoBs, I just start at the bottom of my process list, and work my way up until I get the right one xD

#80 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

It doesn't show up for me anymore either :/ A year ago it did work, but I think something changed, and now it doesn't show up :/ Lately whenever I use AoBs, I just start at the bottom of my process list, and work my way up until I get the right one xD

Thanks Nalah. I eventually found it using http://www.neocodex....-use-chrome-ce/ . Boobface updated the pics. It worked out.

#81 Fritzz

Fritzz
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I've only been using AoB for a few days, and after reading all the guides I can grasp it pretty well, but I'm encountered a problem that none of the guides I've read have answered/addressed and that is how to input more than one set of codes. Games like Freaky Factory and Itchy Invasion have more than 1 set of code to use and I was wondering how you input them. 

More specifically, I select the process to change (I know it's the right one because I've been AoB one code games successfully), Select "Array of Bytes", enter the remove thief code for freaky factory, scan, and change the value of the address to the second code. Now when I copy the "waste never goes up" code and scan for it I get no results for an address. So I thought the codes were the problem, but they aren't since I can run them individually just fine, but not all at once. 

I searched for a way around this and found the master cheat table list which had the codes on them already so I downloaded it and opened it. When I go to freaky factory, I click the box next to it, and the 3 codes come up and there is a red X in the Freaky Factory box in the activated column. When I try to activate the codes themselves, nothing happens (no red X pops up) but the codes are there, they just won't activate.

After that, I tried bit slicer, but I have the same exact problem. I scan 1 code, replace, then search for another and they never show addresses for them. I'm really lost as to what to try next. I'm sorry if the solution is really obvious but I can't find a solution for it in any guide I read. 

I"m using a Mac if that helps, and I've tried both Google Chrome and Safari but they give me the same results.  

#82 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Just a check, when you use chrome for the AoB are you using the correct process? (so type in about:memory in the address bar, find where it says "shockwave flash", copy the number to the left of it and put it into a programming calculator to get the process you need (so what the calculator spits out is the name of the process like F45)? That's how I find the process at least when I use chrome.

I also have a mac, the only time I was able to scan and pick up more than one thing was when I used the dice of destiny 3 part click on numbers AoB (might be because they all coded for the same cheat. I wasn't trying to use two different AoB's, the one I wanted just had 3 parts to it). The cheat table also does not work.

I just tried this on my windows 8 (though bootcamp on my mac) and it works fine with picking up two things and the cheat table.

Currently, there isn't a workaround for these issues on macs, so the only solution I can give is...try to get the score/avatar score with using only one of the codes. (so go though use each one and see which one gets the closest and works best.) I have no possible answer for using the cheat table. It might be because the mac CE is not the most recent version of CE, so it doesn't have the capability to do so (is the CE for Mac still around 5.something or 6.2? the most recent version is 6.3. So if it is at 6.3 ignore that)

As for bit slicer, I have used that (but a long time ago), but it seems for some reason macs don't like trying to find 2 codes.

It always seems like quite a lot of things that you want to use don't like macs.

Sorry, I know this isn't really any help...Just a "guess and check" method I guess.

If this is just for making NP (and not avatars), other games only have one code that you can use. (instead of 2 or more different codes you could possibly use. Ice Cream Machine AoB is one of those with only one AoB for it).

For avatars, there are some games that may have multiple codes, but one is the most helpful one.
Carnival of Terror, has 3 codes but the infinite time cheat is the most helpful (if you use the in game codes for ammo and health). I got the avatar with no review for that game by just using the infinite time cheat.

Edited by Satsuki, 15 July 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#83 Fritzz

Fritzz
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for the response!

That is the process I use for google chrome, yes. Go to memory, find the plugin number, convert to hex, and search for that in the process list. I have that down I know for sure. I feared that the Mac was probably the problem since I couldn't find an answer to it

I have been making due with only 1 code games, but for games like Freaky Factory it's hard to just use 1 code and get the avatar / a trophy ( I heard it can still be difficult with all 3). So I've been on the lookout for the most valuable AoB in a set.

So if I run windows from bootcamp I should be just fine with more than 1 AoB? I might have to do that then, although it is a little inconvenient as long as I can get it to work I can't complain really. 

#84 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yep. For bootcamp install windows onto your computer then go into system settings and set what you want your start up to be. (Windows or Mac). To start up as the other one, just hold down the alt/option key at startup and you'll be able to chose which system you want. (You basically have to shut down to change which one you're using, a bit annoying really. Restart also works, as long as you hold down the alt/option key when it starts up after restarting.)

I installed mine just by putting in the disk and the bootcamp manger came up. (If it doesn't it should be somewhere in settings, if it isn't there it's the utilities folder under applications. Sorry, can't remember exactly. Wen you find it just follow the instructions it comes up with.)

Just make sure your windows can connect to your Internet! (I had the issue in which my router wouldn't work with my windows 8 so I use an Ethernet cable for Internet.)

#85 raymond511

raymond511
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

I've only been using AoB for a few days, and after reading all the guides I can grasp it pretty well, but I'm encountered a problem that none of the guides I've read have answered/addressed and that is how to input more than one set of codes. Games like Freaky Factory and Itchy Invasion have more than 1 set of code to use and I was wondering how you input them. 

More specifically, I select the process to change (I know it's the right one because I've been AoB one code games successfully), Select "Array of Bytes", enter the remove thief code for freaky factory, scan, and change the value of the address to the second code. Now when I copy the "waste never goes up" code and scan for it I get no results for an address. So I thought the codes were the problem, but they aren't since I can run them individually just fine, but not all at once. 

I searched for a way around this and found the master cheat table list which had the codes on them already so I downloaded it and opened it. When I go to freaky factory, I click the box next to it, and the 3 codes come up and there is a red X in the Freaky Factory box in the activated column. When I try to activate the codes themselves, nothing happens (no red X pops up) but the codes are there, they just won't activate.

After that, I tried bit slicer, but I have the same exact problem. I scan 1 code, replace, then search for another and they never show addresses for them. I'm really lost as to what to try next. I'm sorry if the solution is really obvious but I can't find a solution for it in any guide I read. 

I"m using a Mac if that helps, and I've tried both Google Chrome and Safari but they give me the same results.  

I shall try to answer this question.

Are you certain you did a "New Scan" and not a "Next Scan"? I just tried Freaky Factory and it worked perfectly well.

#86 cocodrile333

cocodrile333
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

so i hit first scan and nothing happens

can someone help me?

nvm figured it out

#87 Fritzz

Fritzz
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

I shall try to answer this question.

Are you certain you did a "New Scan" and not a "Next Scan"? I just tried Freaky Factory and it worked perfectly well.

At first I tried "New Scan", because that was the same process I did for the first codes, but nothing happened. I did try "Next Scan" a few times just for sake of seeing if it would work, but neither scan will give me an address after I input  the first code.

Edited by Fritzz, 29 July 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#88 kmmeshkin

kmmeshkin
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Guide explained a lot to me. Thanks man!

#89 SunnyLax

SunnyLax
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

im running 6.3, anyone else can't find it?

t7od.png

Edited by SunnyLax, 09 September 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#90 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

For Chrome you need to calculate which plug-in

http://www.neocodex....-use-chrome-ce/

Edited by Liesa, 09 September 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#91 SunnyLax

SunnyLax
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

For Chrome you need to calculate which plug-in

http://www.neocodex....-use-chrome-ce/

I just used IE.

I found the flash one instead, I clicked on that. However, (for Dubloon Disaster) once I entered Array of Byte, and entered the numbers provided in the other page : 96 0D 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 01 08 7E 52

Nothing showed up?

#92 Bleachd

Bleachd
  • 38 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

I just tried everything to use the AoB on a Mac, opening CE in wine, everything, I cannot find a process since my process is open in mac, and the CE is open in wine.

#93 domiowa

domiowa
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

A very usefull guide

#94 abbatoir

abbatoir
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Thank you! The video really helped me out :)

#95 SuperDuperPuppu

SuperDuperPuppu
  • 148 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

So I have tried to learn how to use Cheat enger and AoB codes, but I still need some help!

Some of the pictures were missing, but I believe I am doing everything correctly.

However, when I search for a code (using the top line, after I selected "array of byte" in the drop down menu), nothing pops up!

I have tried the different processes (I am using firefox of aob). I tried scanning the plugin container, flash player plugin (1st one), and flash player plugin (2nd one).

I have tried this with multiple using the codes supplied here at codex, but nothing happens when I search!

Please give me some insights.

#96 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

Have you tried using a different game, just in case the codes aren't correct/don't apply to the game they are listed for?

This happened to me the other day. I tried and tried and tried with no luck on one game, and then I swapped to a new game and tried the codes listed, and had success, leaving me to believe the codes for the first game I tried were incorrect, or no longer worked, if the latter is even possible.

#97 SuperDuperPuppu

SuperDuperPuppu
  • 148 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

Yep, I have tried that. I tried 3 different games.

I will keep trying and will update when I finally figure out what I'm doing wrong.

#98 babaablacksheep

babaablacksheep
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Can anyone link me to Cheat Engine for Mac? Thanks.

#99 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

Here:
http://cheatengine.o...acApril2012.zip
It's an older version though, as the newer ones that I've seen are only .exe's.

#100 surelyisme

surelyisme
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

I'm still new to using Cheat Engine but learned my way thru with the help of others in another forum.

Then came across this forum & read all the postings.....if I would have come here earlier, I probably can learn all the things I've learned in here on one SINGLE day.

Everyone is so helpful and giving out simple answers to questions.

I will return for more as I'm into MiniClip 8 Ball Pool game and waiting for AoB to cheat the game.....

See you all soon.

Surelyisme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users