Photo

AB'ing - is it really safe?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

Information gets on their system every half a second.. It's way too much information to analyze and check out the THOUSANDS of people who don't ab THAT obviously. Basically i think it's appropriate to say, if you can totally avoid getting restocking banned, you're completely safe from being detected. right? :)

#27 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:03 AM

I get RS banned quite a lot, but I've never been frozen in the year that I have been ABing. I think as long as your stats are fine and you AB in low to medium risk shops, you shouldn't be caught.

#28 1337hunt3r

1337hunt3r
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

Information gets on their system every half a second.. It's way too much information to analyze and check out the THOUSANDS of people who don't ab THAT obviously. Basically i think it's appropriate to say, if you can totally avoid getting restocking banned, you're completely safe from being detected. right? :)

Thousands of users online at once. They aren't going to notice anything unless you are kicking ass in magic.

Every half a second? A regular PC can handle billions of instructions per seconds, and seeing as their servers are doing fine, I don't think it would be that difficult to actually process the information.
Once again, thousands is really nothing to a computer.

Yeah. And if they DO check you out, at least have a decent shell to make yourself look more legit :)

I'm pretty sure TNT monitors all the Neopets cheating sites. They know about everything we do to try to look legit.

I agree with all of the above, they simply don't have the resources, time, and or care to actually take into account many of these factors for every single player. They only pay attention to very very hardcore aber's who's time are ridiculous, etc. You are multiple times more likely to get frozen for cheating on flash games than ab'ing. Conclusion: be smart about using your ab'er.

If I had their data, I could write the code needed to test if somebody was using Abrosia (using the points in my initial post) in less than a day. If an account looks suspicious, they can send one member to investigate the data even further.

1. You assume that someone is going to do nothing but stare at their computer screen for hours at a time. If they did that, and were not distracted at all, then maybe the distribution would be normal. But people are going to do other things, and their refresh times are not going to be a normal distribution. The randomness is fine.
2. Advanced membership solves this problem. Scheduled your times and change the amount of time spent in one shop. Problem solved.
3. Again, scheduler.
4. I agree with this, but only to a certain point. If you turn the ABer on for an hour or two and just let it run (which is how most people probably do it), then yeah, this could be suspicious and unrealistic. However, in the past couple of days I've had the time to monitor the shop(s) that I was restocking in while playing Neopets legit, and only when I saw that there were free item slots for a restock did I load up Abrosia for ~15 minutes max. Alternatively, you could schedule that, but you would be less accurate in coinciding with shop restocks. You have a point here, but again, scheduling can help quite a bit.

1. If they're doing other things, their refresh rate is not going to fall perfectly in a 5 second window every time.
2. If that's the case, they could simply check how long it takes for somebody to switch shops instead of the number of refreshes.3. Sure, but I assume most people don't use the scheduler.4. A continuous hour in front of a screen is enough to show fatigue in any person. So unless you use the scheduler to plan 10 intervals of 30 mins every day, this point is still valid.

1.you can increase the time to 8-20 seconds to make it look more random =)
2. 300 refreshes are if you set the timer to 45 minutes and the system calculates that the refresh rate will cause approximately 300 refresh. if you change the refresh rate or time spent, the number of refresh changes.
3. this is why scheduler is in there. you set the time you want to ab. and insert breaks in between.
4. once again. this is why there is a scheduler. you can always choose to ab short hours.

TNT plainly catches ABers (from what i know obvious tell tale signs)
1.you refresh ab @ 1-2 seconds and buy items in less then 1 seconds aka obvious botting speeds.
2.Purchase 40 UBs in a day( crazy amounts)
3.AB 3 days in a row with no breaks (running 24 hours a day)

you prob would not get frozen because regular member is protected from the first 2.

1. Good luck buying anything with those times. Also, increasing the interval of the time doesn't make Abrosia refreshes any more normal.
2. See top part.3. See top part.4. See top part.I am aware of how TNT currently catches AB'ers; the purpose of this post is to explain how they could easily improve their methods and catch a lot more AB'ers if they wanted to.

Protip? TNT really doesn't give a fuck :thumbsup: If you're being extremely obvious of course they will freeze you, but most of the time they'll just randomly freeze someone just to scare us back in line.
I digress. Some people here have earned 100 mil+ or leave it on for 8+ hours a day or have crazy buy times and still have yet to be frozen.
So how do you keep your account safe? You don't. AB on a shell and don't cry when you get frozen. :p

I think this is the most plausible scenario. TNT only cares about making money.

EDIT: It's screwing up my formatting. Sorry.

Edited by 1337hunt3r, 10 May 2011 - 07:32 PM.

#29 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

The real question is why this topic is actually here.

If it wasn't safe then we'd all be banned.
But we're not.

Derp

#30 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

All I see here is a paranoid Neopets user.

#31 1337hunt3r

1337hunt3r
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

Why so much hate guys? :(

The real question is why this topic is actually here.

If it wasn't safe then we'd all be banned.
But we're not.

Derp

If I worked for TNT, you would all be banned. But apparently they're too busy marketing and scamming money out of little kids to give an actual shit about their game.

All I see here is a paranoid Neopets user.

I wouldn't call myself paranoid; I run Abrosia every day for 5 hours straight on regular settings and I don't give a shit.

#32 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

If I worked for TNT, you would all be banned. But apparently they're too busy marketing and scamming money out of little kids to give an actual shit about their game.

But you dont :D

#33 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

If you worked for TNT, you wouldn't be on the site right now.

#34 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

I wouldn't call myself paranoid; I run Abrosia every day for 5 hours straight on regular settings and I don't give a shit.

If you don't give a shit, then why are you posting all these? And if you get frozen because of AB-ing, don't say it's not safe when you're running it for that amount of time without stopping. Obviously it's not "human like" when you can't be bothered to do any schedule.

#35 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

i find that running 5 hours straight with no breaks is a worst tell tale sign then ours. till then you get iced, abing is pretty safe =)

#36 1337hunt3r

1337hunt3r
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

But you dont :D

Not right now at least ;) (that was a joke, don't kick me off the boards)

If you worked for TNT, you wouldn't be on the site right now.

I disagree. Wouldn't it be beneficial to have a few insiders to know exactly what's going on within the cheating websites? In fact, if I worked for TNT, I would try to gain your trust as much as possible.

If you don't give a shit, then why are you posting all these? And if you get frozen because of AB-ing, don't say it's not safe when you're running it for that amount of time without stopping. Obviously it's not "human like" when you can't be bothered to do any schedule.

Can we just have a civilized discussion with a little respect, please?The real purpose of this thread was to come up with ways to make Abrosia safer, not complain about how much it sucked.

i find that running 5 hours straight with no breaks is a worst tell tale sign then ours. till then you get iced, abing is pretty safe =)

That's not my primary focus right now.

#37 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Scientific fact: Using Abrosia is almost as dangerous as bowling!

#38 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Not right now at least ;) (that was a joke, don't kick me off the boards)

Lol don't worry, SL is also a TNT member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users