Quantcast

Photo

All Drugs Should be Legalized

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#1 Eggy

Eggy
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user.

• 1783 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

Seriously, they should be. It should not be the government's business to tell you what you can and cannot put into your body. I don't like the idea that if I am caught smoking a joint walking down the street minding my own business a police officer can quite literally choose to rip me from society and lock me in a cage with the murders and rapists of the world. Thats what criminalization of substances does, it creates nothing but criminals (at the expense of the tax payer mind you!) Non violent drug offenders, to me, are not criminals. They are just people who made the decision to consume a psychoactive substance and experience and altered state of consciousness.

The bottom line is that drug use is not a CRIMINAL problem but a SOCIAL and HEALTH problem.

#2 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

So how do you view the Utopia caused by legalised drugs?

#3 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

1:
Spoiler

2:
Spoiler

3:
Spoiler

4:
Spoiler

5:
Spoiler

6:
Spoiler

#4 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

I agree but for different reasons. Keeping drugs illegal gives people incentive to sell them and make money. This is what the majority of gang warfare is fueled by and results a lot of needless deaths. In different parts of the world rebel factions sell drugs to fund their missions. The taliban wouldn't have been nearly as successful if heroin was an over the counter drug people could buy.

But in the end we're just a bunch of guys with internet access; we can't do anything except rage about it...

Btw, what brings you back?

#5 without123

without123
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

Either way, whether they're legal or not, we're still screwed.

#6 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

It becomes a criminal problem when there are cracked and juiced up people roaming the streets with a possible chance of violence just because or for money and more drugs.
I agree that non-violent users are not criminals.. but for more dangerous and mind-altering drugs, what do we know?
I can understand legalization of less "hardcore" drugs such as marijuana, but to make a broad and sweeping statement to legalize all drugs.. that would just be irresponsible.
Not that I'm all for government in all of our shit but that's kinda what they are for.. to protect us

Edited by Katrinas, 14 May 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#7 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

It becomes a criminal problem when there are cracked and juiced up people roaming the streets with a possible chance of violence just because or for money and more drugs.
I agree that non-violent users are not criminals.. but for more dangerous and mind-altering drugs, what do we know?
I can understand legalization of less "hardcore" drugs such as marijuana, but to make a broad and sweeping statement to legalize all drugs.. that would just be irresponsible.
Not that I'm all for government in all of our shit but that's kinda what they are for.. to protect us

Case and point: fat naked lady tweeking on PCP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKM1UD4ZPTg

Edit:
Won't embed

#8 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

I've taken LSD, I didn't kill myself

I've taken PCP, I didn't kill anyone else.

I've taken MDMA, I loved everyone else.

I've taken heroin, I had an awesome nap.

Meth is the only drug that really would worry me with widespread use.

#9 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

Really? On heroin I found it relaxed me to a state that was close to sleeping but I wasn't actually asleep. It just felt like I was perpetually falling asleep.

What was PCP like?

And what sets meth apart from the other ones?

#10 1337hunt3r

1337hunt3r
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

I think that marijuana should be legalized, but anything else is kind of crossing the line.

#11 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:55 PM

Not to be crass, but you're not everybody, and everybody reacts differently. I don't particularly like the notion of legality across the board but the biggest benefit would be that once they were legal, their production and distribution could be held to government-regulated standards and the risk of death due to a bad source or what have you would go way down.

#12 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

It's different for everyone, and I didn't mean it like "omg everybody is gonna be on drugs we are all gonna die or kill each other!1" but my previous statement that that is what the government is for, to protect the people from getting addicted to these kinds of drugs, it's not just bcuz drugs are morally wrong and bad, mkay, it's for a reason

which is silly because tobacco and other shit that can kill you is legal, but cause of the corporations and shit
i wanna see some corporation start making hardcore drugs after they are legalized and see how fast their rep circles the drain lol

idgaf im tired

#13 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

Really? On heroin I found it relaxed me to a state that was close to sleeping but I wasn't actually asleep. It just felt like I was perpetually falling asleep.

What was PCP like?

And what sets meth apart from the other ones?

Yea, I guess thats a bit more accurate way to describe heroin.

The only thing I can remember about PCP was walking up the stairs and tripping out on the Christmas tree at the top for 2 hours. I felt short of breath and adrenaline-laced for about 4 or 5 hours, ended up flipping a couch over because of a Super Smash Bros game... But I've done that sober. My thoughts were disconnected and scattered and it was hard to form any semblance of language... Kinda like acid.

Meth is scary because its like cocaine times 1000... You're able to plot and scheme and have all the energy in the world to carry it out. Its the kind of drug that will make you rob someone at gun-point to get some more. Every other week I hear about some lady getting mugged by a meth-head. I've never tried it myself since I've heard tale of how extremely addictive it is.

I think ANY drug is overkill, I would be more likely to vote yes on a bill that offered to legalize naturally occurring drugs. Which would still include the worlds most powerful hallucinogen, DMT.

#14 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

Yea, I guess thats a bit more accurate way to describe heroin.

The only thing I can remember about PCP was walking up the stairs and tripping out on the Christmas tree at the top for 2 hours. I felt short of breath and adrenaline-laced for about 4 or 5 hours, ended up flipping a couch over because of a Super Smash Bros game... But I've done that sober. My thoughts were disconnected and scattered and it was hard to form any semblance of language... Kinda like acid.

Meth is scary because its like cocaine times 1000... You're able to plot and scheme and have all the energy in the world to carry it out. Its the kind of drug that will make you rob someone at gun-point to get some more. Every other week I hear about some lady getting mugged by a meth-head. I've never tried it myself since I've heard tale of how extremely addictive it is.

I think ANY drug is overkill, I would be more likely to vote yes on a bill that offered to legalize naturally occurring drugs. Which would still include the worlds most powerful hallucinogen, DMT.

What I find interesting about PCP is that it creates a mind set that is virtually indistinguishable from a schizophrenics. So there is some weighted evidence that it can cause irrational violent thoughts. But they found that it was more prevalent in people with violent records. PCP's usage has dropped heavily over the past several decades too, simply because people are figuring out that it seldom gives you good enjoyable trips. So that's a case where even if PCP was legalized I highly doubt it's usage would increase at all. And the same can be applied to all drugs in my opinion. Just because something is legal does not mean people will use it more often. You may see a slight spike in usage but it would surely peter out over time. So I think the same can definitely be said about meth because PCP is far worse than meth...

#15 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

but a SOCIAL and HEALTH problem.

Yea....that's why they're illegal. Marijuana, sure. Everything else is too addictive and well, as you said it, detrimental to society and one's health.

#16 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

People are idiots and should not be trusted with any drugs.

Over the counter medication should not even exist. Coffee should not exist. Anything that alters your mood should be controlled to prevent misuse. Million of people abuse things because it makes them happy, even if for just a little bit. It happens every single day. From people having 20 cups of coffee because "They cant survive without it" to people drinking 5 bottles of cough medicine for a high to people to people that sleep with anyone just for the feeling that they get during it.

Human are stupid, and tend to abuse anything that is slightly good, despite the negative effects that they have on it. Do you really think that half the world would be alive if they could pop pills and forget their troubles? Alcohol is bad enough, and if it didn't taste like shit 20,000x more people would drink until they die.

#17 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:46 AM

People are idiots and should not be trusted with any drugs.

Over the counter medication should not even exist. Coffee should not exist. Anything that alters your mood should be controlled to prevent misuse. Million of people abuse things because it makes them happy, even if for just a little bit. It happens every single day. From people having 20 cups of coffee because "They cant survive without it" to people drinking 5 bottles of cough medicine for a high to people to people that sleep with anyone just for the feeling that they get during it.

Human are stupid, and tend to abuse anything that is slightly good, despite the negative effects that they have on it. Do you really think that half the world would be alive if they could pop pills and forget their troubles? Alcohol is bad enough, and if it didn't taste like shit 20,000x more people would drink until they die.

That's a very cynical way of viewing it. "Everyone's stupid but me!"

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

That's a very cynical way of viewing it. "Everyone's stupid but me!"

I fail to see where I put "but me"

I do really stupid things to be happy. I'm doing something really stupid right now. But I don't care. IT makes me happy and I don't want to give that up (No, its not drugs)

#19 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

I fail to see where I put "but me"

I do really stupid things to be happy. I'm doing something really stupid right now. But I don't care. IT makes me happy and I don't want to give that up (No, its not drugs)

That's how you come off. Saying everyone is an idiot as if you're the only one qualified to come to that conclusion

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

That's how you come off. Saying everyone is an idiot as if you're the only one qualified to come to that conclusion

Because your guys are saying that people are smart enough to not abuse it.

If you hooked up electronodes to someones brain and they could press it to have an orgasm. They wouldn't stop pressing it.

I said humans and their entity. Clearly because you believe that drugs should be allowed, despite the fact that they can kill you without issue... States that you wont come to the conclusion, and I must tell you it.

#21 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:51 AM

Well, that's being human. In Sociology, they tell you a person will not usually do something unless there is some sort of reward involved. It's not a bad thing, it's just life. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good.

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:52 AM

Well, that's being human. In Sociology, they tell you a person will not usually do something unless there is some sort of reward involved. It's not a bad thing, it's just life. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good.

I never said that there was anything wrong with wanting to feel good. But people will do it until it kills them. There is something wrong with that.

#23 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

I never said that there was anything wrong with wanting to feel good. But people will do it until it kills them. There is something wrong with that.

I never said you said anything, lmfao. But I do agree with you.

Although I'm talking about hardcore drugz, not caffeine and and OTC drugs. There should be more education on those two, though. A lot of OTC drugs like Tylenol can cause liver damage down the road. Especially if you're one of those people that thinks taking 2 more than the recommended dose will make the effect stronger.

#24 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

I never said you said anything, lmfao. But I do agree with you.

Although I'm talking about hardcore drugz, not caffeine and and OTC drugs. There should be more education on those two, though. A lot of OTC drugs like Tylenol can cause liver damage down the road. Especially if you're one of those people that thinks taking 2 more than the recommended dose will make the effect stronger.

What iargue's saying is that legalizing the drugs won't do much to prevent deaths from ODing because people as a whole are terrible at self-moderation whether something is legal or not, and he's right. It's not "about feeling good", it's about "having the self-control to not need extra substances to feel good."

#25 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:09 AM

What iargue's saying is that legalizing the drugs won't do much to prevent deaths from ODing because people as a whole are terrible at self-moderation whether something is legal or not, and he's right. It's not "about feeling good", it's about "having the self-control to not need extra substances to feel good."

I know, and I agreed with him lol? I'm saying self control doesn't matter when it comes to most drugs. That's why they're illegal.
I'm also saying he's being extreme saying coffee shouldn't exist either, because it's not bad unless you're drinking gallons or shooting it up. You drink coffee to feel good, that's not bad.

Doing meth to feel good, that's bad.

:p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users