All Drugs Should be Legalized

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#26 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

I know, and I agreed with him lol? I'm saying self control doesn't matter when it comes to most drugs. That's why they're illegal.
I'm also saying he's being extreme saying coffee shouldn't exist either, because it's not bad unless you're drinking gallons or shooting it up. You drink coffee to feel good, that's not bad.

Doing meth to feel good, that's bad.

:p

Yeah... I'm not sure why I thought you were disagreeing now. It's 5 am and I am clearly tired.

#27 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:12 AM

Yeah... I'm not sure why I thought you were disagreeing now. It's 5 am and I am clearly tired.

It's fine. xD It's 6AM here and apparently i'd rather talk about drugs than sleep.

#28 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:16 AM

I know, and I agreed with him lol? I'm saying self control doesn't matter when it comes to most drugs. That's why they're illegal.
I'm also saying he's being extreme saying coffee shouldn't exist either, because it's not bad unless you're drinking gallons or shooting it up. You drink coffee to feel good, that's not bad.

Doing meth to feel good, that's bad.

:p

The coffee was just an example. there are people out there they abuse it to an extreme. I was just saying that so you can see how extreme the human behavior gets whenever its not regulated. Coffee is nothing computer to most drugs. If they abuse that, why not abuse the other drugs when they are readily available everywhere?

It's fine. xD It's 6AM here and apparently i'd rather talk about drugs than sleep.

You have a problem. Go sleep!

#29 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

Indeed. Americans can barely even handle alcohol. Just look at all the alcoholics and DUI's. Legal drugs would probably cause the country to spontaneously combust.

#30 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:40 AM

Indeed. Americans can barely even handle alcohol. Just look at all the alcoholics and DUI's. Legal drugs would probably cause the country to spontaneously combust.

Its not confined to america. It plagues the entire world.

#31 Woe

Woe
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

Everything thats less dangerous than alcohol and smoking should be legal.

#32 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

My inner dialogue: *Sees title of thread* Geez... this topic has to have been done twenty times by now! *Goes into thread* Blahblahblah... same vanilla arguments... blahblahblah. *Sees iargue's posts* //Double-fucking-face-palm. It's a lost cause... don't bother writing a five page post that cites statistics or in the case of iargue, even common sense. It will all be in vain. Ignorance is bliss... let them remain ignorant! *types below and closes tab*

Smh... This argument has been done countless times and I've written many thousands of words per post on the topic... (Usually to no avail...) But there is a point I'd like to touch on. This notion that the government always knows what is best for the individual that you are espousing, iargue. I don't know about you, but I thought one of the beauties of the United States of America is that, supposedly, we are free to make our own choices about our lives as long as we are not directly harming others. If you'd like to live in a country in which you are dictated what you can and cannot do with YOUR body, perhaps a more authoritarian society would suit you.

P.s. Abradix is right. Meth is fucking evil and will destroy your life. Been meth free since 9/13/2008. :)

#33 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:12 AM

My inner dialogue: *Sees title of thread* Geez... this topic has to have been done twenty times by now! *Goes into thread* Blahblahblah... same vanilla arguments... blahblahblah. *Sees iargue's posts* //Double-fucking-face-palm. It's a lost cause... don't bother writing a five page post that cites statistics or in the case of iargue, even common sense. It will all be in vain. Ignorance is bliss... let them remain ignorant! *types below and closes tab*

Smh... This argument has been done countless times and I've written many thousands of words per post on the topic... (Usually to no avail...) But there is a point I'd like to touch on. This notion that the government always knows what is best for the individual that you are espousing, iargue. I don't know about you, but I thought one of the beauties of the United States of America is that, supposedly, we are free to make our own choices about our lives as long as we are not directly harming others. If you'd like to live in a country in which you are dictated what you can and cannot do with YOUR body, perhaps a more authoritarian society would suit you.

P.s. Abradix is right. Meth is fucking evil and will destroy your life. Been meth free since 9/13/2008. :)

We allow cigarettes. Might as well allow drugs and let the entire world kill itself off. Life would be better then.

I enjoy the freedom that I am given in america, and I also enjoy the freedom of not being killed by a coke addict so he can buy more coke.

You of course, believe that if everyone had access to drugs, everyone would be happy, there would be more money, and everything would be fine. You forget the fact that if you could have gotten an unlimited supply of drugs, you would be dead.

But its fine. Believe what you want to believe. Drugs will never be legal, and for good reason.

#34 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

We allow cigarettes. Might as well allow drugs and let the entire world kill itself off. Life would be better then.

I enjoy the freedom that I am given in america, and I also enjoy the freedom of not being killed by a coke addict so he can buy more coke.

You of course, believe that if everyone had access to drugs, everyone would be happy, there would be more money, and everything would be fine. You forget the fact that if you could have gotten an unlimited supply of drugs, you would be dead.

But its fine. Believe what you want to believe. Drugs will never be legal, and for good reason.

Let me assure you that there have been many points in my life in which I have been in possession of way more drugs than any human could possibly do in a reasonable time frame. (Think 113.5g of cocaine every other weekend) and I am certainly not dead, nor have I ever robbed or murdered anyone. I never even in a million years would have dreamed of robbing or murdering someone else for more cocaine or meth, because I do not believe in harming other people as it goes against my morality. There are people who are crooked and are willing to rob if they don't get what they want, and there are people who are honest who would never do those things under nearly any circumstance.

My support for the legalization of drugs isn't based upon any sense of personal gain as I would not return to using drugs. However, I believe that it is an issue of principle that in a free nation, the ownership of a persons body belongs to that person and not to body that governs over them. This idea that the government has the right to prohibit what a person can do with their own body is absurd...

So instead of following this failed and draconian policy, why don't we spend the money on drug education and treatment facilities. Blahblahblah. I just realized that I'm casting pearls before swine.

Bottom line: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." and what is essential liberty if not the right to your own body and mind?

#35 Eggy

Eggy
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user.

• 1783 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

I guess I am just more optimistic about people in general. In all honesty, if PCP and heroin were legalized tomorrow, how many of you would run out and start using them?

I strongly feel that we should not "treat" drug addicts by putting them in jail, we should put them in some sort of rehap program where they can be once again useful to society and not just an economic drain.

#36 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

I think it should be like drinking... set some sort of limit, and anything over, to the point where you endanger others, is illegal.

#37 Darkthrone

Darkthrone
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Drug's will never be legalized. Yep it sucks. Live with it.

#38 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

I love seeing 5 year old kids overdose on heroin. Seriously it's great.

#39 Eggy

Eggy
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user.

• 1783 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

I love five year olds overdosing on alcohol, seriously its great!

Doesn't make much sense does it...

#40 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

I love five year olds overdosing on alcohol, seriously its great!

Doesn't make much sense does it...

Actually his post does make a good bit of sense. Frizzle is a London Police Officer and I'm sure has seen it first hand. That's one big downfall of negligent parenting and drugs... A 5 y/o is likely not to overdose on alcohol as the taste is incredibly off-putting.

Wait a second Lee! You almost fooled even me! Heroin has an incredibly low oral bioavailability! Something like in the single digits! That's why they don't really offer diamorphine (short for diacetylmorphine or heroin) in tablet form... I'm not suggesting that it is impossible by any means... but humans rarely die from an oral overdose of heroin (with the exception of mules carrying waaayyy too much inside of them). So yes, I do suppose it is possible that a child may die from a heroin overdose... but it's very, very unlikely.

If you were to make the same statement about something like cocaine or methamphetamine, I would agree with you. Children swallowing a bag of powder or the like could definitely be fatal.

#41 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

I never said that there was anything wrong with wanting to feel good. But people will do it until it kills them. There is something wrong with that.

No they won't. You don't have the entire human population figured out to jump to that conclusion.

I love seeing 5 year old kids overdose on heroin. Seriously it's great.

In the present tense it makes it sound like you willingly watched them overdose and did nothing... :p

Posted Image

#42 JayScorpio

JayScorpio
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

The "lesser" drugs should be legalized, like weed. The harder/more addicting drugs such as meth should be kept illegal.

#43 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:05 AM

no legalizing it would just make it easier for people to get...
and people will start smoking and doing drugs in public areas, something that the "non" drug using community would not want to see.

#44 giraffe

giraffe
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:24 AM

no legalizing it would just make it easier for people to get...
and people will start smoking and doing drugs in public areas, something that the "non" drug using community would not want to see.

Because they can't restrict what you do in public areas? I thought it was illegal to drink in public in most places in the US. It's certainly illegal to wander around naked. Why would it be legal to shoot up on the street corner?

I'm all for soft drugs being legal. I'm all for needle recycling programs to prevent disease. Definitely in favor of rehab over jail time for habitual drug users. I go back and forth on decriminalizing possession of harder drugs.
But I'm completely against any sort of leniency for those selling hard drugs.

#45 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

Because they can't restrict what you do in public areas? I thought it was illegal to drink in public in most places in the US. It's certainly illegal to wander around naked. Why would it be legal to shoot up on the street corner?

I'm all for soft drugs being legal. I'm all for needle recycling programs to prevent disease. Definitely in favor of rehab over jail time for habitual drug users. I go back and forth on decriminalizing possession of harder drugs.
But I'm completely against any sort of leniency for those selling hard drugs.

for the same reason why smoking cigs is legal in public. You might not have people shooting heroin on the street, but people certainly won't appreciate getting weed into their system from second hand smoke.

#46 Surrico

Surrico
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

If implemented correctly legalizing drugs could be a benefit to America. Not just letting anyone buy it but having a certain age, no different than cigs or alcohol. Then after legalization there needs to be a way to distribute it, so why not simply build centers where more or less you sell the drugs and allow people to use them there. Would be a lot safer than having them wonder the streets. Would it get rid of the illegal drug trade? No, but it would put a decent size dent in the problem. After that there will be job creation which at this point would really help the economy with how it currently is.

#47 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

If implemented correctly legalizing drugs could be a benefit to America. Not just letting anyone buy it but having a certain age, no different than cigs or alcohol. Then after legalization there needs to be a way to distribute it, so why not simply build centers where more or less you sell the drugs and allow people to use them there. Would be a lot safer than having them wonder the streets. Would it get rid of the illegal drug trade? No, but it would put a decent size dent in the problem. After that there will be job creation which at this point would really help the economy with how it currently is.

how would this be any different from it is now, considering that many people who start using drugs are in high school. they would still be obtaining it illegally and thus the market for illegal drugs would still exist.

#48 giraffe

giraffe
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

how would this be any different from it is now, considering that many people who start using drugs are in high school. they would still be obtaining it illegally and thus the market for illegal drugs would still exist.

Except it would be less profitable to sell illegally since most people can obtain it legally. Therefore, there would be fewer people selling and thus less available than it is now for kids.

#49 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

Except it would be less profitable to sell illegally since most people can obtain it legally. Therefore, there would be fewer people selling and thus less available than it is now for kids.

the above poster said that it would only be sold to people of a certain age.

so the market for those group of people would still exist.

besides a lot of people grow weed themselves and sell it to other people, its still gona go around easily.

#50 Surrico

Surrico
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

if people are going to get high why not get some of the benefits, jobs from distribution, creating the drugs, not only that but tax money to try and help bail this sinking country out of debt. illegal drugs will still be out there, but doing it legally would be pulling some people away from the illegal market. Make them drop the price on their products, less profit in it for them. True the underage market will still exist but crackdowns on it could help to solve that problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users