• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#1 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

POPULAR POST!

During our Codex Meeting on Sunday, we discussed something that needs to be addressed. That is how our older members treat the new members.

We see it all the time when people ask where the "Neopoint Generator" is. Some people are nice and explain whats going on, and suggest Abrosia, but other people incorrectly tell people things like, "You have to buy Neocodex Gold". DO NOT DO THIS. We know you are joking, but they are new and unaware that you are joking, and will actually buy advanced and expect that. This leads to a bad reputation for us. Incorrectly informing members to buy advanced when it will not get them what they want, will result in a warning, or more action if you continue to do it.

The same thing goes for saying you do not need a middleman, or providing them with incorrect settings in Abrosia. The community is supposed to be here to help people who are new, not to lead them in the wrong direction. New people are necessary, it is how we get more and more people here, and have a reason to offer more programs. If you are responsible for driving off new people, you will be punished. It is as simple as that.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

Why would someone ever suggest against using a middleman? It's like you're begging to get in trouble.

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

Why would someone ever suggest against using a middleman? It's like you're begging to get in trouble.

I don't know. But it has happened.

#4 giraffe

giraffe
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

It was more of an "it's not necessary" post than a "don't do this" post.
http://www.neocodex....00#entry1456200

At least, that's what I saw. There may be other instances I'm unaware of.
Not that I'm defending it or saying it was a good suggestion.

Edited by giraffe, 18 May 2011 - 01:20 AM.

#5 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

lol.... the idea of Neocodex Gold, is gold in itself.

#6 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

We see it all the time when people ask where the "Neopoint Generator" is. Some people are nice and explain whats going on, and suggest Abrosia, but other people incorrectly tell people things like, "You have to buy Neocodex Gold". DO NOT DO THIS. We know you are joking, but they are new and unaware that you are joking, and will actually buy advanced and expect that. This leads to a bed reputation for us. Incorrectly informing members to buy advanced when it will not get them what they want, will result in a warning, or more action if you continue to do it.

Edited by iargue, 18 May 2011 - 01:50 AM.
You are a meaniehead :(

#7 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

POPULAR POST!

To be fair some of the new members we've had coming in recently have been complete retards.

#8 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:42 AM

agree with waser. anyways I dont see much of the old members giving wrong information yet. but i will take note if i chance upon any

#9 grapes

grapes
  • Waser Lave Fan

• 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:42 AM

I agree iargue, and I support this. +rep

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:54 AM

To be fair some of the new members we've had coming in recently have been complete retards.

And several of these "older" members were complete retards when they joined.

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:54 AM

Most of them still are.

#12 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:24 AM

On a completely unrelated note.

Cellblock has been added to the program manager.

#13 Skyscrape

Skyscrape
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:29 AM

On a completely unrelated note.

Cellblock has been added to the program manager.

Just as I was looking at the Cellblock autoplayer, going "Dang, it doesn't work :(" XD Thank you~

#14 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:30 AM

Just as I was looking at the Cellblock autoplayer, going "Dang, it doesn't work :(" XD Thank you~

Someone else inspired me to do it. Go thank them :p

#15 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:40 AM

Posted Image

#16 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:41 AM

Posted Image

Yes. I was in that group too.

#17 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

Yes. I was in that group too.

I wasn't.

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

I wasn't.

I'm sure you have been a retard on at least on forum. No body is perfect (Though you come close)

#19 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

I'm sure you have been a retard on at least on forum. No body is perfect (Though you come close)

Nope, never.

#20 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:49 AM

As a notable and advancéd oldfag, whose exploits on this forum are as innumerable as the stars, I must agree with these measures. When will we of the older generation learn to treat the new users without contempt?

#21 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:49 AM

Nope, never.

You are just good at covering your tracks.

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:34 AM

Totally agree 100% with ya there mate. If people took time to read rules and use the search function, we wouldnt need to give them a hard time and they wouldnt have to be so clueless. Its really not that hard?

But in saying this, i do agree with you too Argue, as it's never a nice thing to have someone troll you when you're just starting out in a new community.

#23 Muffin

Muffin
  • 174 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:47 AM

I can understand how some of this came about, people do get irritated by new members who come on and ask question without reading any rules/guides. Is there a way of making sure that new members have read rules etc when they join before they can view any other topics/make posts? Just an idea, don't hate me if it's a stupid one :p

#24 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

I can understand how some of this came about, people do get irritated by new members who come on and ask question without reading any rules/guides. Is there a way of making sure that new members have read rules etc when they join before they can view any other topics/make posts? Just an idea, don't hate me if it's a stupid one :p

Not a bad idea. Like having the ToS/Rules etc on a disclaimer type of thing before you are allowed access to the full forum/programs (like with an accept/decline button). But then again, how many of you read the ToS/Disclaimers/Rules/EULA's on programs/forms etc before you click accept? I know i dont......

#25 Muffin

Muffin
  • 174 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

I do because i get paranoid as to what i'm signing up to, but i can imagine that a lot of people click accept without reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users