Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

We can rep up, why can't we rep down?

#2 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:11 AM

Because rep is entirely pointless in every single form.

#3 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:12 AM

agree, + rep!

#4 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Its easily abused :o

#5 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

i guess it would cause too much conflict?

personally though, im all for the idea. sometimes words fail, and we need a button to press in case of extreme disgust.

#6 huevoquilmes

huevoquilmes
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

i also want a -rep button :) Even tho the rep is pointless, like it was said above, when you dislike something... its nice to have a way to show it. :)

#7 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

All it does is create hate .___.
If you dislike a post then just ignore it.

#8 huevoquilmes

huevoquilmes
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

is there a plan to use rep for something in the future? or why is it there :p?

#9 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

Yes i agree, and then make anyone with -20 rep instabanned

#10 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

Psychology 101 - The last thing Neocodex wants to do is to promote negative-ness in the forums.

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

Because a cutting, witty remark surpasses a number in every possible way.

Though I suppose it might be a worthwhile addition for those unable to muster such.

#12 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

if you have negative rep, whats to prevent a mass organization by forum members to gather together and negative rep every single post by an unliked person (which would appear to be me atm), whether the post is good or not, since apparently many are not concerned with post quality but with other reasons instead like why they are even posting to begin with.

#13 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

Rep is completely pointless, I agree.
However, we have the system, and if we can reward members we should be able to penalize them with this worthless number as well.

#14 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

if you have negative rep, whats to prevent a mass organization by forum members to gather together and negative rep every single post by an unliked person (which would appear to be me atm), whether the post is good or not, since apparently many are not concerned with post quality but with other reasons instead like why they are even posting to begin with.

-rep

#15 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

-rep

See you just proved my point, people will -rep for no reason at all, can you tell me in all honesty that your posts are of a better quality than mine when you posted something like that above. This is proof that people will -rep based upon bias and dislike rather than because of the actual content of an individuals post.

#16 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

Can someone reset all the post he got from the announcement topic and this since he's just starting arguments to defend the situation he's responsible for causing.

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

See you just proved my point, people will -rep for no reason at all, can you tell me in all honesty that your posts are of a better quality than mine when you posted something like that above. This is proof that people will -rep based upon bias and dislike rather than because of the actual content of an individuals post.

it was a joke. are you a child?

You don't care about the quality of this forum; you're one of the those who are making it becoming worse. So shut up already. Post to 500, then GTFO

#18 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

Being pointless, why not have -rep and let the kids have fun?

Let's say people organize against one particular person, what difference would it make?
Rep would still be worth shit...

#19 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

I think this ties in with the idea that we should make posts disappear if they get -5 rep or something. It shouldn't be that hard of a thing to write up, but since Hydro and Pyro are working on the "new" site, may as well wait until then to include it in.

#20 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

You can "become a victim" of "a mass organization by forum members" with or without a -rep button.

#21 jungle

jungle
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

I'm sure people would whine over getting negatively rep'd as some beg to get positively rep'd.
anywho, the -rep button would be abused on certain users I assume.

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

Maybe they'd take the hint, at last?

#23 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

I'm sure people would whine over getting negatively rep'd as some beg to get positively rep'd.

I wouldn't say abused.... I suspect the -rep would be used in just the right amount on these people. :p They'd finally take the hint, like Joe just said.

#24 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

I think that eventually everyone except for Waser would have negative rep eventually. Because most of the time you post more bad things then good. It would take away from the personality of this forum becuase everyone would be trying to avoid getting -repped.

#25 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

I think that eventually everyone except for Waser would have negative rep eventually. Because most of the time you post more bad things then good. It would take away from the personality of this forum becuase everyone would be trying to avoid getting -repped.

The goal could be to have the lowest negative number then! :D The concept still applies, regardless if everyone is in the red or not. It would just be a bit more depressing is all, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users