• 769 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

I believe its Evil Death?

That makes even less sense... Posted Image

#29 Phineas

Phineas
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

whew. So glad I didn't buy the FTab I was considering adding to my set. They've screwed up the BD balance again, but hey, we can't expect TNT to have any understanding of how BD fights actually work......

#30 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

They're all available in the Battledome Simulator now.

#31 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:12 AM

I think those new constants are going to change a lot of 2p BD sets in the future

#32 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

having these new swords will change the way battledome work. it will introduce the uncommon icons (fire/water) for ghostkershield and (Light/dark) for tabard. i am extremely happy on the introduction of fire back into the field =)

#33 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

What is the point of a Ghostkershield when everyone can attack you with massive water/fire/light/air?
What is the use of a Faerie Tabard when there are darkness/light or even earth heavy weapons?

This is the same disappointment I have. This is just ridiculous.
I could live with all of them except the mass fire one. Then the air and water ones are redundant, and make kbt and pcc useless, kinda.
Also the bent fork is now rendered useless once again.

I had that derp moment as well. I thought skardsen was just another name like pion troect from eliv thade. Wait... it makes sense now. Stupid TNT using so many derpy anagrams and even stupider me for not catching this..

HOLY SHT I just had that moment after you mentioned anagram. I can't BELIEVE I never saw that!

I hope this is all a delayed april fools joke........

The only one they're missing is Sword of Caliphys

#34 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

IMO this is a very good idea. The system of Ftab and Gshield tanking has gone on for too long. This will definitely shake up the way people fight in bd for years to come. I wouldn't be amazed if TNT also releases full blocking shields that correspond to their mono icon counterparts. The Sword of Thigl is probably the most exciting because prior to its release, Skarls Sword, Seasonal Attack Pea and Kaylas Magical Hat were the only ways to get 8+ light icons.

#35 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

IMO this is a very good idea. The system of Ftab and Gshield tanking has gone on for too long. This will definitely shake up the way people fight in bd for years to come. I wouldn't be amazed if TNT also releases full blocking shields that correspond to their mono icon counterparts.

Counterparts f Jhudoras Bewitched Ring and Pirates Captains Hat would be really nice (and I imagine that both of them would become more popular).

#36 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

I think this is a good thing too :o Now there's no "set" items you must have. It's a little more variable and while you can do your best, there will always be a "Nuuuuuu" moment instead of a "ha, i have more NP than you, I win"

#37 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

Counterparts f Jhudoras Bewitched Ring and Pirates Captains Hat would be really nice (and I imagine that both of them would become more popular).

Hopefully they will release a full-blocking air dual-duty item. I've been waiting for one of those for years.

#38 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hopefully they will release a full-blocking air dual-duty item. I've been waiting for one of those for years.

Tornado ring

#39 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

In addition to being extremely expensive, Tring's measly 3 icons hardly counts. I was thinking more along the lines of something like HCC and Jring

#40 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

I'm very much a novice in the battledome and wondered which of these swords would be best in the battledome - for 1 player fights?

#41 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

I'm very much a novice in the battledome and wondered which of these swords would be best in the battledome - for 1 player fights?

I think 1P would be about the same since they only do two types of icons (I think), so it really depends on your challengers (which you can always look up)

#42 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

I think 1P would be about the same since they only do two types of icons (I think), so it really depends on your challengers (which you can always look up)

Thanks Boggart - I'm still training my pet at the moment but it's helpful to know they all do fairly similar damage. I guess my method for selection will be whichever one I think looks the nicest Posted Image

Edited by Sammiantha, 21 May 2011 - 12:25 PM.

#43 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

If your'e mostly doing 1P, then you probably don't even need these swords. There are ways for all pets with at least somewhat decent stats using specific items to defeat the most powerful opponents in 1P

#44 Seven

Seven
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

Mind-fucked. I actually thought it was a unique name...

They had me fooled until the new swords came out.

#45 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

In 1p, icon types dont rly matter so you might just want to pick up whatever sword is cheapest. If you're not concerned about 2p, or have a lower boost, Glowing Cauldron is better than any sword.

Edited by Pavement, 21 May 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#46 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

Maaan it does add variability, but it adds so much I can't dream of my undefeatable set anymore. :(

#47 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

This is the same disappointment I have. This is just ridiculous.
I could live with all of them except the mass fire one. Then the air and water ones are redundant, and make kbt and pcc useless, kinda.
Also the bent fork is now rendered useless once again.

HOLY SHT I just had that moment after you mentioned anagram. I can't BELIEVE I never saw that!

I hope this is all a delayed april fools joke........

The only one they're missing is Sword of Caliphys

i didnt realise that they are all anagrams -.- yeah physical is the only one lacking. but then again the sword of caliphys is a part of every sword isnt it =)

#48 Darkthrone

Darkthrone
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

I think they look god awful, for items that cost 11mil you'd think they would put a bit more effort into their appearance.

#49 Phineas

Phineas
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

Can still dream of an undefeatable set of multi-healing Illusens staff/wand of the dark faerie plus sufficient hp.

#50 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

I think this is a good thing too :o Now there's no "set" items you must have. It's a little more variable and while you can do your best, there will always be a "Nuuuuuu" moment instead of a "ha, i have more NP than you, I win"

"I fight with 24 iconners and you fight with 18 iconners
ha, i have more NP than you, I win"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users