Quantcast

Photo

Which pets got the worst re-drawn looks after NC mall was incorporated?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 SausageFish

SausageFish
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

For me I disliked almost all of the re-drawn pets except Kacheeks I guess...

Some pet species I though that got the worst makeovers

Aisha
Posted Image
I couldn't find a picture of a starter unconverted aisha

Blumaroo
Posted Image
Posted Image
I know i'm a weirdo for saying this but blumaroos were one of my favorite species and I was pretty mortified when they redrew them without being balanced on their tails. :[ I know blumaroos were never that popular to begin with haha.

elephante
Posted Image
I actually thought they were cute back in the day. T_T

Lutari
Posted Image

As far as new pet looks go, I think camo krawk and mutant acara look pretty cool.

So which species do you think regressed the most/improved the most, looks wise?

Edited by SausageFish, 29 May 2011 - 03:29 AM.

#2 jinnth

jinnth
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

The old blumaroo standing on his tail was pretty cool indeed, same with meerca.

Darigan draik got hit by the ugly stick pretty hard too in my opinion, used to look quite badass.

Most improved ? not sure... maybe tonu, they used to have a facial expression with the mouth open that made them look like morons, but nothing spectacular.I'm sure somebody can find better.

#3 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

I thought the UC Meerca was really cool looking. It looked like bouncy and active and pretty cute. After the redraw, it looked sort of...like an obese layabout. It's still okay-looking, but I think it looks nicer before the redraw.

Worst redraw for me would be Faerie Lenny. UC Faerie Lenny was an elegant peacock-like thing. One redraw later, it looked like a multicolor Woody Woodpecker. IMO, it got the worst acid-in-face treatment.

#4 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

All the UC haloween , darigan , faerie, turannian, ... looked better in the old days.
tyrannian kougra used to be a sabertooth tiger now he's just a kitten with plastic bottles in his mouth.

#5 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

UC PLUSHIES.
THEY DO NOT LOOK LIKE PLUSHIES NO MOAR

#6 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:45 AM

All the Grey pets. I mean, compare this:
Posted Image to this:Posted Image
I love how the UC greys poses really convey a sense of sadness. The converted ones just look like they've stubbed their toe or got sand in their eyes.

#7 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:52 AM

All the Grey pets. I mean, compare this:
Posted Image to this:Posted Image
I love how the UC greys poses really convey a sense of sadness. The converted ones just look like they've stubbed their toe or got sand in their eyes.

agreed. aisha's were one of the most terrible redrawn species. seriously, wtf is that?

#8 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

I think Hissis, boris, pteris look stupid now. Hissis and Pteris were cool when they had wings, now they are balled up into retarded looking fists. Especially the darigan versions, they used to look badass now they look stupid.

Posted Image to Posted Image

But hands down worst is the Skeith change. They were never really popular to begin with, but at least before the change they looked something like dragon-goblins rather than fat Chihuahuas.

Come on man, I was like "You have to be shitting me with this one"

#9 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

I think Hissis, boris, pteris look stupid now. Hissis and Pteris were cool when they had wings, now they are balled up into retarded looking fists. Especially the darigan versions, they used to look badass now they look stupid.

But hands down worst is the Skeith change. They were never really popular to begin with, but at least before the change they looked something like dragon-goblins rather than fat Chihuahuas.

Come on man, I was like "You have to be shitting me with this one"

On point. Pteris & Skeiths are nowhere near as good.

The old Darigans are wayy more badass

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Oxytor

Oxytor
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

The Darigan Techo and many of the painted Cybunnys (Royal being worst) were pretty bad after conversion -_-"
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Oxytor, 29 May 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#11 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

Krawks and Lutaris got the worst out of it imo. Especially the tyrannian krawk. Now I don't even want a krawk anymore :(

As for individual pets. Any pet that stood up on two legs (halloween lupe, MSP poogle etc). And baby scorchios (they were so cute! Now look how ugly they are!) D:

Posted Imageto Posted Image

Finally, all plushies and most royals just suck (exception is are the royal kacheeks but then again they don't have a UC form)

#12 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

Krawks definitely got hit hard. They used to be my entire reason to play Neo back in the day. Those and Mutant Kacheek. But at this point I've just about given up on getting a Krawk because honestly they don't look as good. :crybaby:
I'd still take one if someone's willing to give me one though. :p

#13 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

As for individual pets. Any pet that stood up on two legs (halloween lupe, MSP poogle etc). And baby scorchios (they were so cute! Now look how ugly they are!) D:

Posted Image======The Fail-:x3:-Conversion========Posted Image

They looked so epic T_T WHY TNT, WHY?!

Edited by Keil, 29 May 2011 - 06:59 PM.

#14 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Faerie hissi's were hit the hardest, definitely looked amazing before. I think that meerca's didn't really change much.

#15 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

I just realised most of the new pets clenches their left fist and look exactly the same.. Seriously ugly. :( The Halloween Lupe and Petri looks sooooo badass!

#16 Oxytor

Oxytor
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

There should be a permanent option that lets you decide if you want the nice art and very limited wearables (Backgrounds, some trinkets), or all wearables with bad art. I dislike that leaving pets unconverted was a one-time-only option. This whole conversion happened when they came out with the NC Mall, what about all the people who don't have access to the NC mall? They lost the good art for nothing.

#17 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

Oh god, I didn't realize how horrible things have become.
It's been so long since I've seen pre-NC mall/customization pets I just accepted it and moved on.
In comparison, all the new ones pretty much suck.
Sure, few exceptions but not many.
Wish we had the option to make new pets either UC or new... suppose that'd piss quite a few players off though with rarity & exclusiveness and what-not...
Definitely will be buying some UC asap though now.
Frikkin TnT money Posted Image SOBs... or, rather, Nick...
Posted Image

*sigh*
At least my Xweetok isn't too horrible. Hate the clenched fist & essentially looking like every other coloured Xweetok bc of it, but other than that I can just imagine it missing an arm. Posted Image

#18 Seven

Seven
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

I used to want a Darigan Draik and a Tyrannian Krawk before the NC Mall bullshit went through.

I bet UCs of them are worth their weight in gold by now.

#19 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

There should be a permanent option that lets you decide if you want the nice art and very limited wearables (Backgrounds, some trinkets), or all wearables with bad art. I dislike that leaving pets unconverted was a one-time-only option. This whole conversion happened when they came out with the NC Mall, what about all the people who don't have access to the NC mall? They lost the good art for nothing.

Yeah. Not to mention if you happen to get a random event that changes your unconverted pet's color, it changes it to the converted look. :( Being able to choose between converted and unconverted would make it so people don't have to hide their UCs in accounts they hardly use.

Edited by MisterDerp, 30 May 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#20 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

The Darigan Techo and many of the painted Cybunnys (Royal being worst) were pretty bad after conversion -_-"
Posted ImagePosted Image

Was never a big fan of techos, but seeing how badass that UC looks, might try and trade for one

#21 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

I think TNT completely ruined Faerie Lennies. I have an UC one now, but I was devastated when I saw what they'd been redrawn too! Nothing like a peacock anymore..

I also loved the Faerie Pteri before customisation, but TNT ruined a whole species with the redraw - now they just look like little fat waddly things.

I think Draik's came out of it pretty well - I hated them before but I have one now.

#22 Ame

Ame
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:20 AM

Yeah. Not to mention if you happen to get a random event that changes your unconverted pet's color, it changes it to the converted look. :( Being able to choose between converted and unconverted would make it so people don't have to hide their UCs in accounts they hardly use.

TNT amended that - UC pets are now protected from random color change events. So leave your UC as your active without fear, it is now an effective Boochi (etc) shield.

The conversions that made me weep a little:

The angry fist is so stupid on so many colors. -.-

#23 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

TNT amended that - UC pets are now protected from random color change events. So leave your UC as your active without fear, it is now an effective Boochi (etc) shield.

The conversions that made me weep a little:

The angry fist is so stupid on so many colors. -.-

TNT have made it so UC pets are immune from RE colour changes - like Boochi, or the invisible one - however I don't think they are immune to the colour changing ones that relate to mood - i.e. Blue colour for sad pets.

#24 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

TNT have made it so UC pets are immune from RE colour changes - like Boochi, or the invisible one - however I don't think they are immune to the colour changing ones that relate to mood - i.e. Blue colour for sad pets.

That's good to know.

You're probably right about the sad/angry mood changers, because a couple months ago I saw someone saying their UC pet turned into a blue or red converted pet.

Edited by MisterDerp, 31 May 2011 - 10:21 AM.

#25 SausageFish

SausageFish
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

That's good to know.

You're probably right about the sad/angry mood changers, because a couple months ago I saw someone saying their UC pet turned into a blue or red converted pet.

Oh, that's interesting, I didn't know that mood could change colour. Does this apply to converted pets also?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users