Quantcast

Photo

Plunk's Guide to Selling Your RS'd/AB'd Items.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:58 AM

POPULAR POST!

Alright, I've seen one too many topics asking why their AB'd items aren't selling, or how to get rid of their HTS junk, so I'm going to tackle these over asked topics, and compile the best strategies into this guide.

So you just AB'd an HTS UB?

Step 1: Neon AP

The first step is the same as what you should do with every item you get, Throw it in your shop and see if Neon prices it. I generally run Neon a few times a day, using it first to price everything, and if I still have some items without a price, I go check for listings on the TP.
If you can't find the item on the TP, there are two possible scenarios going on here. Either you just got super lucky and AB'd a one of a kind item, or Neon didn't find a price in the shops it checked. To determine which one of these situations it is, either manually search the Shop Wizard, or set Neon to price unpriced items until you are Wizard Banned, or until the item(s) is/are priced.

Step 2: Peruse the Post
If you find that the item is a UB, you'll have to check the TP for the current going rate. There are two routes you can take once you find the current price. You can go for the long haul with potentially more profit, or the quick and painless way with a much lower profit margin per item.
The two options you have are to 1. Put your item in the TP for around 10K less than everyone else is asking, and come back every day and make sure yours is still the lowest. 2. Price the item much, much lower than current TP price, and advertise it as such in your wishlist. I almost always have an item on the TP with the description: "Current lowest is 800K, I'll sell for 550K."

Step 3: Boasting on the Boards

So that item's still not selling huh? Maybe you should expand your advertising? You should always go to the Trades and Auctions board to advertise (For obvious reasons) and make a post listing the items you have for sale, the current TP price, and your price. Link to your lot(s) in the post, and try to get a conversation going with someone to keep your board bumped so everyone sees it. I tend to keep away from the RS chats because most people just assume that since you've never been in there before, you must not be legit, and may report you.

Step 4: Going Once...

If you're still having trouble selling the item, your next options are to either wait and be patient, or to remove the items from the TP and put them up for auction. With UB's, I tend to start at 100K, and increase by 10K, but I don't sell that often, so you should find a starting price/increase that works best for you. Either put the auction up to be done quickly if you want to possibly sell right away, or put it up for a day to give people more time to search for your item and find it.
If your board's still on the first page, post that the items are now in the auction house, starting cheap, and going for whatever your interval is per bid.

Side Step: An alternative method! (Thanks for reminding me Neoquest)

If you're having a lot of trouble selling this thing off, remember, you can always use it to offer on ETS. Some people will accept overpay in HTS junk for their ETS items. I once traded two 400K HTS items for a single Baby PB. I asked the seller to let me know what he got for them, and he later contacted me stating that he ended up having to sell them off for 200K each.
Try your luck with offering HTS items for ETS, and who knows? You might get someone who's willing. Don't offer on trades asking for, "Pure Only" They are looking for the price in NP and will reject your offer.

Step 5: Reseller Boards
If you're getting desperate at this point, you could try searching for a reseller board. These boards are made by resellers who are looking to pick up expensive items for a low price. When you PM them with your item, you need to put it in this format:
Item Name:
Item Rarity:
Trading Post Price:
My Price:
Don't get discouraged, because you WILL hear, "No thanks, good luck selling." a lot. Hopefully you will find someone at this point willing to buy, if not, there's just one thing left to do...

Step 6: Selling in Your Shop

You still can't sell it? Put it in your shop! Advertise that you've got a buyable unbuyable in your shop! If other sellers follow suit, drop the item to a nice, round 85K. Whenever I've done this, the other sellers were too worried about their profit margins to go lower than me, and kept it at 99,999. One of them may even buy it to try and sell for their price, and then it's their problem. You'll have to realize at this point that you're not going to get the full price Abrosia listed when it bought it, but at least you're going to get some profit out of it, and if there's one thing that's always true...

Any profit is better than no profit!

If you don't want to lose out on most of your profit, remember to just be patient, leave it in the TP, or keep cycling it through the auctions until you get a sale. Although those items may be HTS, with the right steps, selling them is easy.

Vocabulary list (In case you got/get lost):
AB - Autobuy/Autobought
TP - Trading Post
HTS - Hard To Sell
Neon - Neon AP, an autopricer program located in the Program Manager
Wizard Banned - A penalty for using the Shop Wizard too much in rapid succession, leading to a temporary ban of anywhere from ten minutes to half an hour.
UB - Unbuyable
###K - K stands for thousand, so if the number is 500K, it's 500,000NP.
RS - Restock
Buyable Unbuyable - When you put an item, generally sold at 100K+ into your shop for 99,999NP or less.

Thanks, hope you guys enjoyed the guide, and found this helpful.

Edited by Plunk, 30 May 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#2 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

Nice guide, but it's pretty much stuff I already knew pretty much everything, perhaps you should include a section of offering your HTS item on an ETS trade? That can sometime procure more profit.

#3 Plunk

Plunk

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

Nice guide, but it's pretty much stuff I already knew pretty much everything, perhaps you should include a section of offering your HTS item on an ETS trade? That can sometime procure more profit.

Good idea, I'll do that now. I know that most people know everything in the guide, but everyone always asks how to sell their items, so I figured I'd make a guide so we'll (Hopefully) stop getting those posts.

Edited by Plunk, 30 May 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#4 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

An expanded section on just HTS items would be awesome.

#5 Plunk

Plunk

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:34 PM

An expanded section on just HTS items would be awesome.

Pretty much everything in the guide is how to sell HTS items. If it was ETS, it would be gone when you put it in the TP.

#6 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

Nice guide dude. I pretty much do all of those things, 3 & 5 mostly though. My HTS rarely sell on auctions :(
You could also mention reseller boards for desperate sellers where the format of:
Item Name:
Item Rarity:
Trading Post Price:
My Price:
is usually required.

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

+rep

I like how you went in depth with each explanation. After reading it twice, I don't think that I could add anything to it. Amazing job Posted Image

#8 Plunk

Plunk

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:08 PM

+rep

I like how you went in depth with each explanation. After reading it twice, I don't think that I could add anything to it. Amazing job public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

Thanks! Feels good to actually contribute something to the site.

Nice guide dude. I pretty much do all of those things, 3 & 5 mostly though. My HTS rarely sell on auctions :(
You could also mention reseller boards for desperate sellers where the format of:
Item Name:
Item Rarity:
Trading Post Price:
My Price:
is usually required.

Will do. Thanks for the tip!

#9 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

Nice.

#10 Plunk

Plunk

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

Nice.

Instead of getting another post added to your post count that you don't deserve, hit the little button on the bottom right that says +Rep.

#11 Mystery

Mystery
  • 472 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

Nice guide :p +rep
and I always gather a few HTS items first before putting them up for fun auctions (with me bumping up bids on a shell :p)

Edited by Steel, 31 May 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#12 bruh

bruh
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

Nice guide. Next time I get another HTS item I will know what to do. I always take too much time trying to sell them. +rep

#13 crackedsnow

crackedsnow
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

Nice guide! useful and informative haha.

Now i can finally get rid of all the hts stuff sitting in my SBD collecting dust :D

#14 Hardy

Hardy
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

Wonderful +rep! I think this will help a lot of people who aren't as experienced out.

#15 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

great guide, I have a few HTS in my trades right now hoping that someone wants to pick them up :p Otherwise, I'll try some of your other tips!

#16 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Nice guide. Great for new AB'ers.and your rite: any profit is better than nothing
good effort !

#17 necospes

necospes
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the great guide! +1 for you!

I have a question though, do resellers like to buy in bulk? In other words, is it worth it to save up a bunch of HTS items and sell them all at once?

#18 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the great guide! +1 for you!

I have a question though, do resellers like to buy in bulk? In other words, is it worth it to save up a bunch of HTS items and sell them all at once?

I don't see the difference unless they are for seasonal avatar etc. If its HTS I'd prefer to put it up for sale straight away as it is going to take time.

#19 necospes

necospes
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

I don't see the difference unless they are for seasonal avatar etc. If its HTS I'd prefer to put it up for sale straight away as it is going to take time.

Sorry, I meant selling in bulk to resellers for a large discount of what the items are actually worth.

#20 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

Sorry, I meant selling in bulk to resellers for a large discount of what the items are actually worth.

In that case I have no idea. I know I buy codestones in bulk because I CBF getting them individually, but then codestones are ETS.

#21 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

i'd like to add, and this has worked for me before
sometimes UBS (plushies, random crap items) are collected in galleries
so i think of a theme (eg if i rsed a HTS hissi MP, i'd search hissi items in the gallery search engine)
check if they have the item
when neomailing the owner, acknowledge their gallery. They're the customer. Their gallery is beautiful and bountiful.
i think this works better for selling near full price, much better than reseller.

#22 johnny9fingers

johnny9fingers
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

thanks for this, it seems all the UBs i get my hand on are pretty much super HTS, only exception so far was a map piece... which at 97k was actually buyable i just hit the TP to get it gone fast, alot i already knew but didnt think about resellers forum. +repped

#23 ahding

ahding
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

nice guide! +1

#24 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

Just want to say thanks for this! +rep

I had an item for about 615k and I had it on trading post for a while and nobody wanted it. I offered it on someones baby paint brush and they accepted!

Nice one :)

#25 ITG

ITG
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Very nice guide. (: Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users