Quantcast

Photo

What TV series should I start?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: What TV series should I start? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

What should I watch?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

I didn't even notice House on the poll. It gets too depressing for words. You'd have to be in the mood for it.

Not depressing at all

and where the hell is fringe ! Posted Image

HE SAID NO SCI FI

#27 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

I was really hoping someone interesting died on glee, but nooo it was just some random character. Psssshh. Not gonna watch unless something interesting actually happens and they don't cover katy perry

yeaahh really no sci-fi :3 Childhood trauma involved

#28 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

1. Dexter- Serial killer who's also on the cops forensic team, the way he gets out of various situations and covers his tracks gets pretty suspenseful at times.
Way better than any other series I've seen.

2 .Big Bang Theory - You just can't go wrong here, it's chock a block full of science jokes, though there's not much in terms of storyline/continuity

3. Supernatural - Good if you're into supernatural beings, storyline gets a bit farfetched though.

4. House - I just watch it to kill time, some seasons are better than others but overall, not that interesting.

haha yeah, glee is good but the characters/plot are all pretty stupid

Edited by jonahfinn, 30 May 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#29 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

I've heard good things about Dexter f'sho. I haven't really seen house to really make a critique on it, but apparently Hugh Laurey is really good?

Oh and I'm not watching Anime. no anime. Non no no no

#30 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

I forgot to say that I voted for Chuck, Chuck is very humorous for me and I really really enjoyed it. It does get kind of weird between season 2- season 3, but honestly it was entertaining and I loved it. I'm so happy they have another season because I love the characters and how they developed, and I think I have an obsession with all this CIA / conspiracy / fight-to-save-the-world shows xD.

#31 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:50 PM

Uh, escoose me.
How has no one else voted Bones? D:
Every season is pretty damn good.

Posted Image

I hear Dexter is also amazing though.

#32 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, Fringe is awesome. 3 season should be able to keep you going for a while. Wrap your head around their convoluted sciencey theorems. And admire the cool special effects like butterflies that slice ye' up! Hahaha

#33 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

I'd say either Dexter, Law and Order SVU (love that shit) and where's True Blood??? next season is coming up soon *o*

#34 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

Didn't read the other posts but Dexter and Law and Order SVU (the actress who plays Olivia is a fucking babe) are kickass and keep you amused. Weeds is pretty good too but that wasn't on your list. First season of Glee was good, but it totally bombed when it got popular in the 2nd season. Californication is pretty good too; takes a few episodes to get into but it's hilarious watching real life-esque fuck scenes. :)

Uh, escoose me.
How has no one else voted Bones? D:
Every season is pretty damn good.

Posted Image

I hear Dexter is also amazing though.

Because the acting/plot are terribad? No offense.

Edited by Khuce, 30 May 2011 - 09:34 PM.

#35 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

I've heard good things about Dexter f'sho. I haven't really seen house to really make a critique on it, but apparently Hugh Laurey is really good?

Oh and I'm not watching Anime. no anime. Non no no no

Hugh Laurie's acting is really good, the series itself is fine. House M.D. is pretty much a series of standalone episodes where they try diagnose a patient with a mysterious medical condition. For me, I expect a good series to have an engaging/unpredicatble storyline, an extremely hateable or likeable protagonist, and lots of character development.

House only fulfills the hateable protagonist part for me, character development is minimal as well as the storyline.
I'd only recommend it if you're interested in medicine/surgery.

#36 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Not to mention House has gone way downhill in the last few seasons

#37 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

how about lie to me? it was on fox for a while.

#38 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

how about lie to me? it was on fox for a while.

wasn't/isn't season 4 cancelled?
It was a pretty engaging series though.

EDIT: Oops, I meant season 4

Edited by jonahfinn, 30 May 2011 - 10:55 PM.

#39 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

I do not understand how anybody can find BBT funny. It's just horrid.
I voted for The Wire but other good shows that I have watched on the list are: Dexter, Doctor Who, Madmen, Chuck, House and Modern Family. I've heard good things about Bones but haven't gotten around to watch it. If you're looking for something funny then I'd recommend watching Community, Arrested Development, Black Books and Coupling.

#40 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:24 AM

Doctor Who has been going increasingly downhill since Christopher Eccleston left, had a few good moments with DT then picked up a bit again when Matt Smith started but it's ridiculous now. I've given up. Also fuck this 'mid season break' shit. We're not American.

I voted for The Wire but other good shows that I have watched on the list are: Dexter, Doctor Who, Madmen, Chuck, House and Modern Family. I've heard good things about Bones but haven't gotten around to watch it. If you're looking for something funny then I'd recommend watching Community, Arrested Development, Black Books and Coupling.

I still find Coupling one of the funniest things I've ever watched but so many people just don't get it. Same writer as the current series of Doctor Who.

#41 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:27 AM

Anyone heard of extreme couponing or cake boss? hahaha.

I fucking love Cake Boss. There was a marathon on yesterday. I hate Extreme Couponing. Those women are worse than hoarders because no one is telling them they have a problem. Who the fuck needs 40 bottles of mustard? WHO? Not to mention they are committing coupon fraud, which could get the cashier in huge trouble with their company's loss prevention.

I only saw the first two episodes of Supernatural this season. I fear it"s jumped the shark. But the first several seasons were awesome.

Dexter is a pretty good show. Seasons 1 and 4 are my favorite.

Modern Family can be funny at times, but I hate in the second season they turned the gay couple into a fucking joke. In the first season I felt it was all a bit more natural. Second season, there wasn't an episode where they weren't screaming about how gay they are. Terrible. I also have to roll my eyes at the constantly sappy endings. Why can't they just let hilarity ensue like in Arrested Development? Sheesh.

#42 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:32 AM

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.

#43 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.

He's seen it. That's why it's not on the list.

#44 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:06 AM

Didn't read the other posts but Dexter and Law and Order SVU (the actress who plays Olivia is a fucking babe) are kickass and keep you amused. Weeds is pretty good too but that wasn't on your list. First season of Glee was good, but it totally bombed when it got popular in the 2nd season. Californication is pretty good too; takes a few episodes to get into but it's hilarious watching real life-esque fuck scenes. :)

I have seen all of Weeds which is why I didn't put it on the list xD I heard some good stuff about Californiacation too, but I hear it's a little low-brow? Not that I'm above it, I was just wondering what to expect

House only fulfills the hateable protagonist part for me, character development is minimal as well as the storyline.

This was actually really helpful. Thanks!

I found BBT enjoyable, but not overly funny. Sorta like two and a half men. Except BBT I laughed a few times. I have seen all of Arrested Development and Coupling. Good lord I love both of those shows ahaha.

I fucking love Cake Boss. There was a marathon on yesterday. I hate Extreme Couponing. Those women are worse than hoarders because no one is telling them they have a problem. Who the fuck needs 40 bottles of mustard? WHO? Not to mention they are committing coupon fraud, which could get the cashier in huge trouble with their company's loss prevention.

I only saw the first two episodes of Supernatural this season. I fear it"s jumped the shark. But the first several seasons were awesome.

Dexter is a pretty good show. Seasons 1 and 4 are my favorite.

Modern Family can be funny at times, but I hate in the second season they turned the gay couple into a fucking joke. In the first season I felt it was all a bit more natural. Second season, there wasn't an episode where they weren't screaming about how gay they are. Terrible. I also have to roll my eyes at the constantly sappy endings. Why can't they just let hilarity ensue like in Arrested Development? Sheesh.

Haha well they can give you ideas in your virtual bakery! :p And I couldn't watch hoarders; I tried but it came too close to home. I should really take a picture of my house one day. What's coupon fraud? o.o

I'll do some research on supernatural too, and modern family was also very enjoyable at first, but I honestly HATED the gay couple. They were rather boring at first and then they became super gay, as you said. Why couldn't more shows be like arrested development? Scratch that, just restart it please :(

He's seen it. That's why it's not on the list.

...I've made a terrible mistake

#45 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

1. Dexter- Serial killer who's also on the cops forensic team, the way he gets out of various situations and covers his tracks gets pretty suspenseful at times.
Way better than any other series I've seen.

2 .Big Bang Theory - You just can't go wrong here, it's chock a block full of science jokes, though there's not much in terms of storyline/continuity

3. Supernatural - Good if you're into supernatural beings, storyline gets a bit farfetched though.

4. House - I just watch it to kill time, some seasons are better than others but overall, not that interesting.

haha yeah, glee is good but the characters/plot are all pretty stupid

Dexters acting is terrible. :(

And BBT has a continuous story line that changes and develops between different episodes. It does a very very good job. Its the new friends, seriously.

Supernatural is pretty badass, but there are scenes where two guys sit there and bitch about stupid thing and I have to skip ahead because its that stupid

And house is freaking amazing if you can comprehend the hundreds of different things that go one once. Its mind blowingly deep, and if you want something that you don't have to think to enjoy, don't watch it.

Hugh Laurie's acting is really good, the series itself is fine. House M.D. is pretty much a series of standalone episodes where they try diagnose a patient with a mysterious medical condition. For me, I expect a good series to have an engaging/unpredicatble storyline, an extremely hateable or likeable protagonist, and lots of character development.

Clearly you pay no attention at all to the show. It has an insanely crazy plot line, that goes in different directions with each episode. The Characters develop amazingly well.

Its sad to see how people cannot appreciate the things that happen in it. Just go and watch jersey shore :|

Not to mention House has gone way downhill in the last few seasons

Are you kidding? This last season was amazing.

#46 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hmmmm, looks intersesting. Ever since I watched Arrested Development I truly realized that fan base does not equal quality. Same with 30rock.

The only show I really keep up with is 30rock now because I love it to death.

I hope you're not implying AD is a bad show. Posted Image

#47 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

Definitely Dexter, great show. You can even read the books as well, because they're very good and the storyline begins to deviate from the show after the first book (first book covers season 1).

#48 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

I hope you're not implying AD is a bad show. Posted Image

You clearly didn't read my other posts in the thread declaring my love for arrested development O.o I'm not even being sarcastic haha.

Definitely Dexter, great show. You can even read the books as well, because they're very good and the storyline begins to deviate from the show after the first book (first book covers season 1).

There's a book? Wow I didn't know that. But I don't read anymore; not since Harry Potter in grade 10 hee hee

#49 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

You clearly didn't read my other posts in the thread declaring my love for arrested development O.o I'm not even being sarcastic haha.

There's a book? Wow I didn't know that. But I don't read anymore; not since Harry Potter in grade 10 hee hee

I don't read much either but Dexter is a really good read regardless :p

#50 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

Thus far I'm leaning towards Dexter and catching up on the latest episodes of BBT.

Although Charlieissocoollike does love Doctor Who, and he's British o.o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users