Quantcast

Photo

Signature of the Week 8 RESULTS

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Signature of the Week 8 RESULTS (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Best sig?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

1st place: Strategist (12 votes)
Posted Image

2nd place: Salamanda (10 votes)
Posted Image

3rd place: Jonni (9 votes)

Posted Image

Louphoria (5 votes)
Posted Image

onlyme (4 votes)
Posted Image

Xwee:
Posted Image

donaldmax:
Posted Image

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Some great sigs this week guys :)

Edited by Kuro, 13 June 2011 - 12:44 PM.

#2 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Lol, gifs are allowed? O_o

#3 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

Sure why not? You can put a .gif in your sig o.0

#4 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

Totally having trouble deciding between 3 and 4!!

#5 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

second time i voted for one that wasn't mine (so far)

#6 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

imo, 2,6,7 are the best looking. props to person who did the first pic lololol. hard to choose

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

It was a close for me with entries 3 and 4. I love how they both focused strongly on the theme without over-saturating the siggie with design effects.

#8 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

Love sig 2....

It all blends so well and best use of font out of all of them.

6 is my second fave, nice work, but my love of cars coaxed me to number 2.

Some nice ones this week :)

#9 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

No out of the box sigs?! What is this madness?

#10 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

lol bog I find that a good thing :p

My favs are 2 and 6. I'll vote at the end if there's a tie.

#11 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

wow #4 is really coo! got my vote. well done!

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

I had a hard time voting, because I really like the steam punk train.
But number 1 is batshit crazy ass crack. I hold things such as that in a speshul place in my heart.
Number 3 is visually appealing, except I hate pink.

#13 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

Lol, out of curiosity , but kuro. is this you?
Attached File  Untitled.jpg   194.26KB   20 downloads

#14 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

Some great entries this round :) I like the steampunk style train and the subtle use of animation. #3 i like with the design but as punk said, im not a fan of pink so much. I believe an Audi R8 should follow a red/black/silver theme (IMO). Good luck to all!

#15 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

# 2 is definitely my favourite. There are a few standouts, but i just cant take my eye off of #2

#16 mommy

mommy
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Number 3 is so good!!! It's very pleasing to the eye!

#17 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

I think number 3 is rigged. Honestly, it looks like crap. I would pick 2 or 6 anyday and those aren't even mine.
and funny how mommy joined 16 minutes ago and posted this 10 minutes ago. So in 6 minutes or browsing, he/she would come to the least known section of the forum. someone should check the IP of the voters to see who voted numerous times.
btw im not jealous nor am i mad. i voted for number 2 and that's not mine so yeah.

Edited by donaldmax, 11 June 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#18 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

I think number 3 is rigged. Honestly, it looks like crap. I would pick 2 or 6 anyday and those aren't even mine.
and funny how mommy joined 16 minutes ago and posted this 10 minutes ago. So in 6 minutes or browsing, he/she would come to the least known section of the forum. someone should check the IP of the voters to see who voted numerous times.
btw im not jealous nor am i mad. i voted for number 2 and that's not mine so yeah.

^Wutt? I'm sorry... but I cannot understand what you are even trying to say. And tbh, I'm not sure its very sportsman like of you to outright call someones hard work "crap". Friendly critiquing is usually better accepted, I didn't even enter the contest and that pisses me off.

#19 Jonni

Jonni
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:52 AM

Lmao, wow. Honestly, it DOES sound like you're mad. From what I can see, number 2 and number 6 are nothing but images with a texture/some textures and text thrown on top with layer effects.

Don't get wrong, 2 is cute. Not a big fan of 6 at all. But how you can trash number 3 under those two is really beyond me. Not to mention this is a friendly competition so I can't even imagine why you're getting so worked up and rude.

Edited by Jonni, 12 June 2011 - 07:55 AM.

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Honestly, I would have voted for #6 right away if there wasn't some random anime character spliced in the middle o.o

#21 Jonni

Jonni
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

^lmao

I was too distracted by everything else in the image to even notice. o-o

#22 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

Lmao, wow. Honestly, it DOES sound like you're mad. From what I can see, number 2 and number 6 are nothing but images with a texture/some textures and text thrown on top with layer effects.

Don't get wrong, 2 is cute. Not a big fan of 6 at all. But how you can trash number 3 under those two is really beyond me. Not to mention this is a friendly competition so I can't even imagine why you're getting so worked up and rude.

I'm just saying nobody is going to use a siggy with neocodex on it. It's not unique. And all of these are just images with some effects thrown onto it. Your such an idiot. You know which took the least amount of work? Number 3 because at the person did was throw a car from the first page of google images and add some trails behind it. That's a no brainer. I mean cmon, the background is black really? Number 2 and 6 actually took effort and time to make their siggy appealing. If you look closely number 6 has some characters on it. It's very well-blended and detailed. Number 2 is just visually appealing and really shows your into porsche. So I just think that it is weird for number 3 to be so highly voted. And look at mommy. Like really? 6 minutes into codex and he voted for siggy numba 3. Neocodex is reknown for their programs, not siggies. So wouldn't it be more plausible for mommy to look in Trading Post first or the General Chat or the Program sections first?

Edited by donaldmax, 12 June 2011 - 08:07 AM.

#23 Jonni

Jonni
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

I'm just saying nobody is going to use a siggy with neocodex on it. It's not unique. And all of these are just images with some effects thrown onto it. Your such an idiot. You know which took the least amount of work? Number 3 because at the person did was throw a car from the first page of google images and add some trails behind it. That's a no brainer. I mean cmon, the background is black really? Number 2 and 6 actually took effort and time to make their siggy appealing. If you look closely number 6 has some characters on it. It's very well-blended and detailed. Number 2 is just visually appealing and really shows your into porsche. So I just think that it is weird for number 3 to be so highly voted.

Actually, what number 3 did was throw a reflected grey and black gradient in the back. After that, they found the car on a PSD website. Then, they designed the swirls with pin tool, and resized and colored them appropriately to make it look like it was a trail left behind the car. They then used some brushes to spice up the pin tool lines and make the trail look less plain. After doing so, they added cute little sparkles. Once the design was complete and moved around a bit because they didn't like the positioning, they added "neocodex" in a pretty font in a flag shape to match the bending trail behind the car. They added a white outerglow effect to the text to match the sparkle theme. They obviously didn't intend for this to be used by others, because it's for a competition, so I'm sure the text was meant to show that's what the text would LOOK like if it was a real siggy. So if it was used, it wouldn't say Neocodex.

So, "this person" probably spent just as much time as the others if not more. Oh and my guess is that pink is their favorite color. K? K. So you're the idiot, dear. Posted Image

#24 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

I'm just saying nobody is going to use a siggy with neocodex on it. It's not unique. And all of these are just images with some effects thrown onto it. Your such an idiot. You know which took the least amount of work? Number 3 because at the person did was throw a car from the first page of google images and add some trails behind it. That's a no brainer. I mean cmon, the background is black really? Number 2 and 6 actually took effort and time to make their siggy appealing. If you look closely number 6 has some characters on it. It's very well-blended and detailed. Number 2 is just visually appealing and really shows your into porsche. So I just think that it is weird for number 3 to be so highly voted. And look at mommy. Like really? 6 minutes into codex and he voted for siggy numba 3. Neocodex is reknown for their programs, not siggies. So wouldn't it be more plausible for mommy to look in Trading Post first or the General Chat or the Program sections first?

You make a point, but you also wrote this

"Your such an idiot."

so point is moot xD

#25 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:14 AM

Kuro can see who has voted for which siggy, and believe me, if there was anything fishy going on, she'd get in touch with a mod and get to the bottom of it. It wouldn't be the first time there have been abnormalities in the vote. Instead of complaining about what a horrible signature number 3 is, you could have contacted someone who matters about your suspicions and air out your grievances in private, instead of, you know, stomping around like a crybaby little bitch in public.

Also, it is just your opinion that number 3 looks like crap. Not everyone shares that opinion. Maybe it didn't take much time or effort, I don't know. I think it's fair to say #1 took VERY little time, but that happens to be MY favorite. We aren't judging on who worked the hardest, we are voting on what is visually appealing to us.

I honestly don't know what to make of this mommy character.
Posted Image

I would also like to remind everyone that creating multiple neocodex accounts is against the rules, and doing so, especially to cheat in a member run competition will result in... uh.. a slap on the hand and suspension for a few days. You will also be disqualified, and word gets around fast here, so everyone would find out that you are a scammer amongst cheaters and you will be publicly shunned. (See Grapes cheating in the Customization Contest) Ask yourself: is a paintbrush on Neopets really worth the shame?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users