Quantcast

Photo

Question (probably a dumb one but I couldn't help wondering)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RubyBlue

RubyBlue
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

Can TNT use the Facebook connectivity to track you? Like, say you logged in to two different accounts, had yourself logged into Facebook the whole time, would they be able to see that two accounts, using different IPs, were both using the same Facebook account, or would you have to actually 'Like' Neopets for that to have any effect?

Sorry if this is a dumb-ass question but like I said in the title, I got to wondering about it and couldn't find an answer anywhere.

#2 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

I would doubt that facebook would give away your IP, even if you are a fan of the official neopets page, so my guess is that you're all set.

#3 RubyBlue

RubyBlue
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

I didn't mean that they would see your IP from it. I was wondering if they could see that both Neo accounts are logged into the same FB account, as it connects to your FB so that if you did hit the 'Like' button, it goes through automatically without you having to put in FB log-in details.

#4 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

Why don't you just disable facebook on all of your accounts?
Or better yet, delete facebook?

I highly doubt it but if shit like this makes you paranoid you know what you can do to fix it, just saying. Posted Image

#5 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

I didn't mean that they would see your IP from it. I was wondering if they could see that both Neo accounts are logged into the same FB account, as it connects to your FB so that if you did hit the 'Like' button, it goes through automatically without you having to put in FB log-in details.

Ohhhh. I didn't connect my facebook and neopets account so I wouldn't know about this. Although if I had to take a guess, they probably could.

#6 RubyBlue

RubyBlue
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

I haven't actually got my FB connected to Neopets but I've noticed when my browser is loading the main page it says "connecting to Facebook.com" in the status bar, that's what got me thinking.

#7 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Use a different browser in private browsing for Neopets when you have Neopets open then. Just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users