Quantcast

Photo

What are the best things to watch on Netflix?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Unfortunately, I have spent a LOT of time watching TV, so I've already seen most of the "good" stuff.

Still, any gems left out there?

I love their documentaries.

#2 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

Arrested Devolpment? Glee? The Cosby Show? Avatar: The Last Airbender?

#3 Tomo

Tomo
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

Be more specific, what type of genre do you like?

#4 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

The Human Centipede.

#5 SamTheMan

SamTheMan
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

Harper's Island, Flashpoint, In Plain Sight.

/NOT/ Human Centipede :unsure:

#6 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

I was going to come here and suggest documentaries, lol. Darn. If IP Man is still on there, gooooo watch it. : D Great movie (if you don't mind reading subtitles). At least go check it out. The second one is on vudu and is like $4.99 to rent but is worth it. :p

#7 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

Pulp Fiction

Clerks
Chasing Amy
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (all three by Kevin Smith)

The Boondock Saints

Full Metal Jacket

About A Boy

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (if you like foreign films and you like Mystery/Investigation films)

Firefly

Skins

Sissi (and sequels if you like the first)

That's a good start, at least twenty hours?

#8 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

The 1960's soap opera "Dark Shadows" is available to watch instantly on Netflix.
Posted Image

#9 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Weeds is a good series. It's a TV show that's about a widow who started selling weed after her husband dies to take care of her children.

If you like anime, I suggest Sekeri (That's definitely spelled wrong) or Desert Punk. Although it's not anime, Avatar: The Last Airbender is on there as well.

When it comes to Netflix you have to go through all of their movies to find the good stuff.

#10 marriedtotacos

marriedtotacos
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:18 AM

if you like intelligent tv comedies, definitely watch Archer. it's a parody of spy movies like james bond and it's absolutely hilarious and ridiculous, but still smarter than, say, family guy (as in minimal fart jokes and such)
twin peaks is also a classic series on netflix. murder mystery but with an incredibly interesting set of characters, and eye candy for both sexes.

as far as movies go, wristcutters: a love story is absolutely beautiful (don't let the title trick you into thinking it's some emo sobfest, it's actually a wonderfully shot, imaginative look at the afterlife). and definitely the big lebowski. I don't care if you've already seen it a hundred times, watch it again. mary and max is an animated movie that starts off slow and isn't for everyone, but if you feel like going "aww" and crying a little bit, give it a shot.

stand-up comedy isn't too well represented on netflix, but david cross: bigger and blackerer, craig ferguson: does this really need to be said? and zach galifianakis live are all available instantly and hilarious.

#11 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

I was going to come here and suggest documentaries, lol. Darn. If IP Man is still on there, gooooo watch it. : D Great movie (if you don't mind reading subtitles). At least go check it out. The second one is on vudu and is like $4.99 to rent but is worth it. :p

Ip Man 1 and 2 are out on Netflix with subs!!!
Great movies :p
Two of the most epic martial arts movies out there xD

#12 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

If you're into sci fi, star trek voyager was just released :thumbsup:

#13 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:11 AM

If you're into sci fi, star trek voyager was just released :thumbsup:

WHAAAAAAT. That was my childhood star trek! I know, I know, everyone says the original or TNG is best, but honestly, I've got a strange thing for Janeway, Tuvok and Chakotay. Best officer cadre ever.

#14 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

if you like intelligent tv comedies, definitely watch Archer. it's a parody of spy movies like james bond and it's absolutely hilarious and ridiculous, but still smarter than, say, family guy (as in minimal fart jokes and such)
twin peaks is also a classic series on netflix. murder mystery but with an incredibly interesting set of characters, and eye candy for both sexes.

as far as movies go, wristcutters: a love story is absolutely beautiful (don't let the title trick you into thinking it's some emo sobfest, it's actually a wonderfully shot, imaginative look at the afterlife). and definitely the big lebowski. I don't care if you've already seen it a hundred times, watch it again. mary and max is an animated movie that starts off slow and isn't for everyone, but if you feel like going "aww" and crying a little bit, give it a shot.

stand-up comedy isn't too well represented on netflix, but david cross: bigger and blackerer, craig ferguson: does this really need to be said? and zach galifianakis live are all available instantly and hilarious.

I like this user... a lot. :p

Netflix keeps telling me I'd think Wristcutters was a 4.9 and my brother keeps telling me I need to watch it... Thanks for the push. I'll check it out tonight/tomorrow!

#15 Epidote

Epidote
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Ip Man 1 and 2 are out on Netflix with subs!!!
Great movies :p
Two of the most epic martial arts movies out there xD

I agree with you! Just watched them and they are great. I also enjoy Top Gear (UK version)

#16 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

Harpers island and glee! :) although the series has already finished

#17 Kenderson

Kenderson
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

The Human Experience is a lovely documentary, and skins is a great tv series

#18 Kero

Kero
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

Watch anything that pleases you

#19 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

Not sure if its still on instant, but I watched Wristcutters: A Love Story. It was really good xP

#20 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

If you like anime, I suggest Sekeri (That's definitely spelled wrong) or Desert Punk. Although it's not anime, Avatar: The Last Airbender is on there as well.

Almost all the animes are english dubbed though :/

#21 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

they had like 4 seasons of the twilight zone on netflix, i enjoyed watching that.

#22 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Almost all the animes are english dubbed though :/

Inuyasha is Japanese dubbed on there... Just tried it a few days ago.

#23 rraven

rraven
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

have you seen firefly? :/ it's really good. unfortunately there's only one season out before it got cancelled so if you're not into being completely in love with one thing and then have it yanked out of you then don't watch it.

#24 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

Futurama's on there, all the way up to some of the came-back-from-being-cancelled episodes.

#25 MistressMezvers

MistressMezvers
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

Try out some foreign movies, although most of them aren't on Instant. I recently watched a Norwegian one called Trollhunter that was pretty sweet. Cold Prey is a good one from Norway too.

Norway has some good movies....

Recently I've been watching anime that I can't get on TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users