• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#26 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

You are exactly right about that and it is a sad truth. Maybe one day humanity will evolve past the point of discrimination and separation... lol but not in our lifetime.
Mabe my great great great great grandchildren's grandchildren. :)

(WARNING tangent:) *hopefully they invent faster than light travel by then too.. so I can be all ghosty and follow my children into space*

How does faster than light travel enable you to be a ghost?

#27 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

In America, most people are Christians. This gay marriage stuff doesn't go well with them. Besides some of the older generations dislike gay marriage as well. Some people just not open to such ideas,

#28 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

How does faster than light travel enable you to be a ghost?

It doesn't. :p I'll already be a ghost. ( If I believed in an afterlife.)

#29 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Honestly, I think gay marriage is too extreme. Marriage usually leads to kids and you don't really want parents that are lesbian or gay. You automatically make your children's life miserable. I mean it's not right to deprive a child of a father or a mother. You miss the activities that only a father could give or only a mother could give. You don't want to grow up learning that your different just because you have gay or lesbian parents. I hope gay and lesbians don't have children because if they do, they are creating a hell for their child. When you go to that open house or parents meeting at school, people will ask, "Are... those your parents?..." Little children would say that's weird. Older children would make fun of you and tease you. You would become an outcast. I wouldn't want depressed and more suicidal kids in this world. There is enough. Of course, there is always cases where the child would grow up completely normal and not get teased, but lets be honest. You think that would happen?
So next time when all of you guys support gay marriage, think about the consequences and not just about the rights of humanity.

What i just said will stir up arguments and opposition, but it is the sad truth. I fully support gay people being together and I have nothing against it. I just don't support marriage, because marriage usually signifies the time to start a family and children.

#30 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Honestly, I think gay marriage is too extreme. Marriage usually leads to kids and you don't really want parents that are lesbian or gay. You automatically make your children's life miserable. I mean it's not right to deprive a child of a father or a mother. You miss the activities that only a father could give or only a mother could give. You don't want to grow up learning that your different just because you have gay or lesbian parents. I hope gay and lesbians don't have children because if they do, they are creating a hell for their child. When you go to that open house or parents meeting at school, people will ask, "Are... those your parents?..." Little children would say that's weird. Older children would make fun of you and tease you. You would become an outcast. I wouldn't want depressed and more suicidal kids in this world. There is enough. Of course, there is always cases where the child would grow up completely normal and not get teased, but lets be honest. You think that would happen?
So next time when all of you guys support gay marriage, think about the consequences and not just about the rights of humanity.

What about all the poor children in orphanage who need parents. Gays can't make babies so they adopt orphans. :crybaby:

#31 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

What about all the poor children in orphanage who need parents. Gays can't make babies so they adopt orphans. :crybaby:

They either get sperm if they are lesbian or adopt if they are gay. Baby or orphan. It all doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure you would rather get adopted by straight parents and not by gay or lesbian. And you can't really give consent at that age, so I think that it's unfair to the orphan.

Edited by donaldmax, 26 June 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#32 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

They either get sperm if they are lesbian or adopt if they are gay. Baby or orphan. It all doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure you would rather get adopted by straight parents and not by gay or lesbian. And you can't really give consent at that age, so I think that it's unfair to the orphan.

I'd rather be adopted by a gay or lesbian couple who loved me and wanted a child, than not all.

#33 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:43 AM

I'd rather be adopted by a gay or lesbian couple who loved me and wanted a child, than not all.

Then hopefully you would be homeschooled.

#34 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

Indeed. What's better, to have an abnormal set of parents show up to your parent-teacher meeting or career day or to have absolutely nobody there? I really don't understand why this would even be an issue. I mean how many kids nowdays have parents outside of the previously accepted "nuclear family?"

#35 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

Then hopefully you would be homeschooled.

I think the world is (in places) far more progressive than you give it credit for. I have a couple of friends who are the children of (now) gay couples, I have a very good friend in fact whose mother left his father for another woman before we'd even started school. I don't remember it ever being an issue. Kids may find it strange but they have no reason to find it "bad" unless those teaching them make it a problem. We had it explained to us very simply at quite a young age when it was first noted and nobody ever thought much of it again. And that was 17-18 years ago when it was a far less common scenario.

#36 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

You obviously don't think about the most critical thing, the future. Yeah. Your life may be happy for the first few years of your life. Nothing has happened, little kids don't understand what gay or lesbian means. As you become older, middle school, things start to change. People know what it means. In high school, you would be outcasted and your life would be made miserable by bullies and the sort. You grow up, all depressed. Your family is there for you, but is society there for you? Some people would eventually hate their parents for what they have caused them and some wouldn't. So think about the future, not about the few years of happiness you rejoice when your a child.

#37 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

If their friends do mind that their parents are gays, then those kind of friends are not needed

#38 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

I think the world is (in places) far more progressive than you give it credit for. I have a couple of friends who are the children of (now) gay couples, I have a very good friend in fact whose mother left his father for another woman before we'd even started school. I don't remember it ever being an issue. Kids may find it strange but they have no reason to find it "bad" unless those teaching them make it a problem. We had it explained to us very simply at quite a young age when it was first noted and nobody ever thought much of it again. And that was 17-18 years ago when it was a far less common scenario.

Are you joking me?
People thought gay people had diseases and the sort back then. People were scared of them. No one wanted to go near any gay people because they thought you got aids from them. 1980's was when it started. In 1990's, people started to become slightly more tolerable. But once you have an opinion of someone. it stays.
And of course it was a far less common scenario. Gay people hid their sexuality. They didn't want to become mistreated by others or hated.

Edited by donaldmax, 26 June 2011 - 09:59 AM.

#39 chess211

chess211
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

What i just said will stir up arguments and opposition, but it is the sad truth. I fully support gay people being together and I have nothing against it. I just don't support marriage, because marriage usually signifies the time to start a family and children.

Marriage is not always about having children, that tends to be the religious purpose of marriage, to have children. Legally, which is all that gay marriage is about is about the legal rights that are granted to married couples. Many of the legal aspects of getting married have nothing to do with having children, including tax issues, family visitation rights in hospitals, listed as next of kin, and many other rights related to how to transfer property. None of this has anything to do with children, and is in many places held exclusive to married couples.

Marriage should either be for all couples, as the growing support for gay marriage is showing, or marriage should lose all legal meaning for all couples and create a new word that is basically a couple being legally married, such as 'civil union' with marriage being a religious term only with no legal meaning.

One of the greater impacts of this bill, is the New York does not have any residency requirement for getting married, meaning couple from all over the country can enter New York to get married, as some states do not allow gay marriage, yet recognize marriages from other states.

#40 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

You obviously don't think about the most critical thing, the future. Yeah. Your life may be happy for the first few years of your life. Nothing has happened, little kids don't understand what gay or lesbian means. As you become older, middle school, things start to change. People know what it means. In high school, you would be outcasted and your life would be made miserable by bullies and the sort. You grow up, all depressed. Your family is there for you, but is society there for you? Some people would eventually hate their parents for what they have caused them and some wouldn't. So think about the future, not about the few years of happiness you rejoice when your a child.

Think of the future of a child who has spent its entire time in a lousy care system. Some children would resent the parents who got them into that situation, the staff who worked with them for years, the people who never adopted them, you resent all the loving families that you see that you're not a part of. You're bullied for being in the care system and having no parents. You're outcast and your life is made miserable. You grow up depressed. NOBODY is there for you.

#41 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

Edit.
Removed my flame towards that retard.

#42 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

Are you joking me?
People thought gay people had diseases and the sort back then. People were scared of them. No one wanted to go near any gay people because they thought you got aids from them. 1980's was when it started and it continued up to 2000's.

Some people still think that way. Some people never thought that way. What's your point? I started school 94/95, by which time, my friend was seen as the son of a lesbian couple. He got more stick for being ginger than he did having 2 mums.

#43 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

Marriage is not always about having children, that tends to be the religious purpose of marriage, to have children. Legally, which is all that gay marriage is about is about the legal rights that are granted to married couples. Many of the legal aspects of getting married have nothing to do with having children, including tax issues, family visitation rights in hospitals, listed as next of kin, and many other rights related to how to transfer property. None of this has anything to do with children, and is in many places held exclusive to married couples.

Marriage should either be for all couples, as the growing support for gay marriage is showing, or marriage should lose all legal meaning for all couples and create a new word that is basically a couple being legally married, such as 'civil union' with marriage being a religious term only with no legal meaning.

One of the greater impacts of this bill, is the New York does not have any residency requirement for getting married, meaning couple from all over the country can enter New York to get married, as some states do not allow gay marriage, yet recognize marriages from other states.

I said usually. I never said it was always.

#44 chess211

chess211
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

I said usually. I never said it was always.

Even granting the argument relating to children, and the ability to have children, it still does not answer why gay marriage should not be allowed. Legally, marriage is not about having children, but about the permissions granted between two people in terms of the law, from taxs, to benefits all change for a married couple versus an unmarried couple no depending on the status of children.

Why should a married, heterosexual couple without children be able to file for bankruptcy jointly, while an unmarried homosexual couple cannot? This matter has nothing to do with children, only about the legal rights of the couple with respect to each other. Why is one pairing benefited more than the other, the only difference is the gender of a single person.

#45 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Even granting the argument relating to children, and the ability to have children, it still does not answer why gay marriage should not be allowed. Legally, marriage is not about having children, but about the permissions granted between two people in terms of the law, from taxs, to benefits all change for a married couple versus an unmarried couple no depending on the status of children.

Why should a married, heterosexual couple without children be able to file for bankruptcy jointly, while an unmarried homosexual couple cannot? This matter has nothing to do with children, only about the legal rights of the couple with respect to each other. Why is one pairing benefited more than the other, the only difference is the gender of a single person.

And that's why I said, hopefully they don't have children. I just don't want to see a flood of depressed children coming into society.

#46 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

Are you joking me?
People thought gay people had diseases and the sort back then. People were scared of them. No one wanted to go near any gay people because they thought you got aids from them. 1980's was when it started. In 1990's, people started to become slightly more tolerable. But once you have an opinion of someone. it stays.
And of course it was a far less common scenario. Gay people hid their sexuality. They didn't want to become mistreated by others or hated.

You've edited your post. Interesting.

But look, from your logic of what people were scared of or still might be, people shouldn't be in multi-racial relationships. People shouldn't adopt children from a different race because it's "strange." I know lots of kids who are from those types of relationships or were adopted into different looking families. Sure, when we saw their parents at first, we kind of did a double take, but we never judged them for it because it's commonplace. Gay and lesbian couples are now commonplace and the legislation will help that with future generations. It will be completely normal to have two dads or two moms just like it's completely normal to have just one parent or parents from different races.

#47 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

You've edited your post. Interesting.

But look, from your logic of what people were scared of or still might be, people shouldn't be in multi-racial relationships. People shouldn't adopt children from a different race because it's "strange." I know lots of kids who are from those types of relationships or were adopted into different looking families. Sure, when we saw their parents at first, we kind of did a double take, but we never judged them for it because it's commonplace. Gay and lesbian couples are now commonplace and the legislation will help that with future generations. It will be completely normal to have two dads or two moms just like it's completely normal to have just one parent or parents from different races.

I added more stuff into my post.
And it's not my logic. It was society's logic. People were scared of gays because two gay men had sex and bam. aids happened. People believed this and were scared that by going near them, they had diseases. They were mistreated until they were proven wrong. That gay men had nothing to do with aids.

and hopefully you guys don't expect peace in a controversial topic.

Edited by donaldmax, 26 June 2011 - 10:21 AM.

#48 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

I added more stuff into my post.
And it's not my logic. It was society's logic. People were scared of gays because two gay men had sex and bam. aids happened. People believed this and were scared that by going near them, they had diseases. They were mistreated until they were proven wrong. That gay men had nothing to do with aids.

No, it's your logic. Not all of American society feels this way. If they did, no state would allow gay marriage. With proper education, people learned that AIDS is not a "gay" disease. You'd be hard pressed to find people that still think that way. Why should we punish people for misconceptions that haven't really been wide spread for about 20 years?

#49 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

I'm actually surprised you guys are still entertaining this troll.

A) A gay couple can adopt a kid the same if they were legally bound by marriage or not.

B) The act of marriage in question is not the one of what is acceptable by the church, but what is acceptable and recognized by the state issuing the marriage license. (Which I still don't fully understand wtf the state has any business doing allowing people to "marry", or perform any spiritual acts...) The state is simply now recognizing a couple who are living together, raising children together, and paying taxes together as an official entity for the purposes of death, taxation, and separation for property rights. The states recognition of their relationship has no bearing on children AT ALL.

C) Despite the homophobic bubble that you apparently view the world from, there are those of us who have gay friends, have friends who are straight who grew up with lesbian parents, or who are gay. (The first two are true in my case.) I never once thought anything was strange about my friend having two mothers... they loved each other and more importantly, they loved their daughter and son and raised them well.

D) If you agree that the misconception of AIDS has been proven incorrect and those misconceptions have been moved outside of the mainstream, then why do you still advocate against homosexuality, knowing that there is no negative health associations?

E) I still don't fully understand why anyone bothers arguing with you when you are blatantly trolling and will undoubtedly leave by 550 posts. (Yet here I am, attempting to champion for the rights of the oppressed...)

#50 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

I just threw up from being sick, and now I think i'm going to go throw up again. Thank god i'm leaving NY. -____-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users