Photo

Gay Marriage Bill Passes for New York

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#101 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Wait can you guys see my current avatar? or is everything from gifbin like blocked O-o

#102 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

Wait can you guys see my current avatar? or is everything from gifbin like blocked O-o

Hotlinking fail.

#103 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

#104 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

ok ok lol. ill find a pic from another website ~)~

is it better?

#105 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

ok ok lol. ill find a pic from another website ~)~

is it better?

Posted Image

#106 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

I'm with you, YUCK! Equal rights is so nauseating.

It really is, and I actually did throw up again. ;)

Because your opinion is wrong.

Anything that isn't your opinion is wrong apparently. -___-
Just like the gays have a right to marry, he has a right to not like it.

Edited by oreo12, 26 June 2011 - 08:18 PM.

#107 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

This issue does not require an opinion from anyone.
The fact of the matter is:
There is no reason why 2 females or two males can't get married. Marriage being defined as a unity between a man and a woman in the bible should not interfere with politics. Actually, it probably doesn't. Deep down, it's all about the money.

Two men getting married means they have the same benefits as a man and woman getting married. More people with marriage benefits != more money for the government.
The root of the problem is always money. Anyone arguing about it being wrong (because it's not socially acceptable/ wrong because the bible is blablabla your mom) are missing the point.

You should be able to unite with who-ever you damn well please and be able to reap the benefits with your 'life partner' equally. IT SHOULD NOT MATTER. So fuck you if you think it's disgusting, it makes SENSE. These people LOVE each other and want to get the BENEFITS of MARRIAGE and can't because of BIBLE and because it would probably cause the government to fork over a little extra in for their marriage benefits.

My god, greedy much? Just let everyone be who and what they want. But this is truly why there should not even be a DEBATE. It's fucking stupid and should have been allowed from the very start.
FFS there is NOTHING wrong with being GAY!
I don't even get what repulses you about it... its been going on for ages and ages lol Posted Image

#108 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

There is no reason why 2 females or two males can't get married. Marriage being defined as a unity between a man and a woman in the bible should not interfere with politics. Actually, it probably doesn't. Deep down, it's all about the money.

Two men getting married means they have the same benefits as a man and woman getting married. More people with marriage benefits != more money for the government.
The root of the problem is always money. Anyone arguing about it being wrong (because it's not socially acceptable/ wrong because the bible is blablabla your mom) are missing the point.

You should be able to unite with who-ever you damn well please and be able to reap the benefits with your 'life partner' equally. IT SHOULD NOT MATTER. So fuck you if you think it's disgusting, it makes SENSE. These people LOVE each other and want to get the BENEFITS of MARRIAGE and can't because of BIBLE and because it would probably cause the government to fork over a little extra in for their marriage benefits.

My god, greedy much? Just let everyone be who and what they want. But this is truly why there should not even be a DEBATE. It's fucking stupid and should have been allowed from the very start.
I don't even get what repulses you about it... its been going on for ages and ages lol Posted Image

Idk who your talking to.
If your talking to oreo.
Just wow. That's all I have to say. She didn't say anything wrong. Yet your bashing. I think " fuck you" was too extreme.
If your talking to me
It's funny cause you didn't read the posts. If you did, you would know that in my first post in this thread, I had said, I have nothing against gays or lesbians. YET YOU ARE BASHING.
If you are talking to someone else
Still wow. What did they do wrong?

#109 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

There is a difference between "I don't like gay people getting married." and "Gay people should be denied the right of marriage." One is an opinion, the other is an assertion of fact. While I still think the both of you are bigoted, ignorant, neanderthals for believing the first statement, the assertion of the second statement is the cause of the debate here. :)

P.s. Donald, you know how we know you're trolling? Someone who was even remotely serious about an argument or their position would actually defend it instead of saying "too many words. I'm right, fuck you."

P.p.s. Since you say you aren't a troll and don't care about your post count because you don't use the programs, I'm sure the administrators could remove your access to the programs so that they won't have any more complaints about your spam... In fact, I think I may shoot them an email. ;)

Cheers!
-Cody

#110 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

Idk who your talking to.
If your talking to oreo.
Just wow. That's all I have to say. She didn't say anything wrong. Yet your bashing. I think " fuck you" was too extreme.
If your talking to me
It's funny cause you didn't read the posts. If you did, you would know that in my first post in this thread, I had said, I have nothing against gays or lesbians. YET YOU ARE BASHING.
If you are talking to someone else
Still wow. What did they do wrong?

I read your posts. They were the most worthless shit I've ever read in my entire life. You don't want gay marriage to be allowed because you think marriage leads to kids who will be depressed and bullied because of their "different" parents.

Well you know what?
I think If I leave a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on top of a cliff in Chile, a penguin will FLY to the top of the cliff and start wearing the sandwich on it's head as a hat. AND that penguin will be depressed because its parents were gay so it went to Chile all the way from the south pole and it learned how to fly.

I mean really, what the fuck were you thinking when you posted that shit? lol
You AND Oreo are both very ignorant. That's all there is to it. Posted Image

#111 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

I didn't think oreo was being serious :/

#112 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

There is a difference between "I don't like gay people getting married." and "Gay people should be denied the right of marriage." One is an opinion, the other is an assertion of fact. While I still think the both of you are bigoted, ignorant, neanderthals for believing the first statement, the assertion of the second statement is the cause of the debate here. :)

P.s. Donald, you know how we know you're trolling? Someone who was even remotely serious about an argument or their position would actually defend it instead of saying "too many words. I'm right, fuck you."

P.p.s. Since you say you aren't a troll and don't care about your post count because you don't use the programs, I'm sure the administrators could remove your access to the programs so that they won't have any more complaints about your spam... In fact, I think I may shoot them an email. ;)

Cheers!
-Cody

sure. do whatever you like. honestly I don't care. do it for your own self-satisfaction.
You know why I said too many words. Because to win this argument against narrow-minded people is useless and serves no purpose. I was serious about this, until so many of you started bashing on me. What am I, one person, going to do against a single minded mob? No matter what I say, they won't accept my opinion or even consider it. Call me a troll or whatever you want. I honestly don't care. Because you have honestly never seen what a troll actually is. If it wasn't for iargue stepping in, the argument would still go on.

@jcrgirl
i think you should leave oreo of this, because she hasn't done anything wrong.
I honestly don't care about the argument anymore. One person understands my logic, so I'm done. I don't need you to understand my logic, because it's useless.

#113 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

And if bullying is as major an issue as it's being made out to be, wouldn't it make more sense to punish the kids who're being mean little bitches, than ban gays from getting married? Kids these days, they need to learn about respect. They think they get a free pass to bullying, and people must do things to prevent the bully from picking on them. Wtf? Kick that bully's ass into juvie hall. The problem isn't the gay population, it's the bullies.

#114 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

I didn't think oreo was being serious :/

I thought she was...

--------

BUT IF SHE WASN'T:
I'm SORRY OREO (fuck you still though if you know what I mean Posted Image)

^ And if she was serious she would throw up a third time, I guess. Posted Image

#115 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

sure. do whatever you like. honestly I don't care. do it for your own self-satisfaction.
You know why I said too many words. Because to win this argument against narrow-minded people is useless and serves no purpose. I was serious about this, until so many of you started bashing on me. What am I, one person, going to do against a single minded mob? No matter what I say, they won't accept my opinion or even consider it. Call me a troll or whatever you want. I honestly don't care. Because you have honestly never seen what a troll actually is. If it wasn't for iargue stepping in, the argument would still go on.

@jcrgirl
i think you should leave oreo of this, because she hasn't done anything wrong.
I honestly don't care about the argument anymore. One person understands my logic, so I'm done. I don't need you to understand my logic, because it's useless.

This isn't a narrow minded mob. You aren't proposing a topic of debate... You are making an assertion of fact that gay marriage leads to unhappy children which is patently false as shown by studies listed above. I do see your basic, vague premise that children are viscous, but like Ladida said above, the gay population shouldn't have to suffer by being denied the right to marriage, the bully should be addressed as the bully is the problem.

Beyond all of this, you are still basing your entire argument on a flawed premise; Marriage leads to families. New gay couples aren't going to magically start popping out babies because they have a license from the government. In fact, they still will be popping out 0 babies from their partner. Gay couples will still adopt, regardless of their legal status of married or unmarried. This is the reason why your argument is flawed and you have absolutely no way to defend such an absurd claim.

"I dislike the idea of gays being married." - OPINION

"Gays marrying will lead to unhappy children." - Assertion of fact. (A false assertion at that.)

There is a difference between opinions and assertions of fact. Opinions require no evidence as they are based upon emotions and feelings. Assertions of fact must be backed up with evidence to support your claim. That is your problem. If you have no evidence, state your opinion, don't assert something as factual. :)

#116 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

This isn't a narrow minded mob. You aren't proposing a topic of debate... You are making an assertion of fact that gay marriage leads to unhappy children which is patently false as shown by studies listed above. I do see your basic, vague premise that children are viscous, but like Ladida said above, the gay population shouldn't have to suffer by being denied the right to marriage, the bully should be addressed as the bully is the problem.

Beyond all of this, you are still basing your entire argument on a flawed premise; Marriage leads to families. New gay couples aren't going to magically start popping out babies because they have a license from the government. In fact, they still will be popping out 0 babies from their partner. Gay couples will still adopt, regardless of their legal status of married or unmarried. This is the reason why your argument is flawed and you have absolutely no way to defend such an absurd claim.

"I dislike the idea of gays being married." - OPINION

"Gays marrying will lead to unhappy children." - Assertion of fact. (A false assertion at that.)

There is a difference between opinions and assertions of fact. Opinions require no evidence as they are based upon emotions and feelings. Assertions of fact must be backed up with evidence to support your claim. That is your problem. If you have no evidence, state your opinion, don't assert something as factual. :)

I'm pretty sure there are articles and articles and research papers on these very topics. If I actually wanted to support my claims and invest lots of time, I would. But I'm not going to invest a couple hours of research for this profitless thread. Search it up yourself. And you can't change human nature. Some people are just bullies and some aren't. There are far more bullies in the US than gay/lesbian people. Bullies were already addressed, but these efforts were futile. You can't stop a large problem that is already happening. But you can stop a large problem that will happen. And what you argued was already said in the previous posts. So I'm not even going to bother. Read over it. I have nothing else to say.

#117 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

I'm pretty sure there are articles and articles and research papers on these very topics. If I actually wanted to support my claims and invest lots of time, I would. But I'm not going to invest a couple hours of research for this profitless thread. Search it up yourself. And you can't change human nature. Some people are just bullies and some aren't. There are far more bullies in the US than gay/lesbian people. Bullies were already addressed, but these efforts were futile. You can't stop a large problem that is already happening. But you can stop a large problem that will happen. And what you argued was already said in the previous posts. So I'm not even going to bother. Read over it. I have nothing else to say.

If only I believed that were true...

I've seen 6 studies linked to in this topic proving contrary to what you stated. More importantly than any of that, if you don't intend to have the investment to link to an article or two supporting your claim of fact, then don't make one. Just leave your opinion instead.

#118 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

I shall post a counter argument based on past conversations, and I want you to answer it truthfully.

Should interracial marriage be allowed?

#119 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

If only I believed that were true...

I've seen 6 studies linked to in this topic proving contrary to what you stated. More importantly than any of that, if you don't intend to have the investment to link to an article or two supporting your claim of fact, then don't make one. Just leave your opinion instead.

My first post was intended to be an opinion, but I guess i worded it in a way that made you guys think that it was a statement. I will be careful of my wording from now on as I already said before if you were reading the posts. Apparently, it seems like your not.

#120 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

-______- I can have whatever the fuck opinion I want. And since you decided to be a bitch, I will go ahead and say I think it's fucking repulsive. My point is, just like you all can come on here and say YAY anyone else should be able to come state their opinion on the matter too..... If you can't handle an opinion, then you shouldn't be on this thread......

This is why I don't come online anymore, because you all are a bunch of one-sided assholes and if somebody doesn't agree with your ideas, or doesn't have the best fucking grammar you all fucking jump on them. Fucking ridiculous.

#121 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

Bullies were already addressed, but these efforts were futile. You can't stop a large problem that is already happening. But you can stop a large problem that will happen.

I don't get it. There're bullies who pick on kids of other races. There're bullies who pick on fat people. There're bullies who pick on poor people. There're bullies who pick on gay people. There're bullies who pick on ugly people. There're bullies who pick on smart people. There're bullies who pick on stupid people.

Then, since this is a large problem that's already happening, we should prevent other races from making babies. We should prevent people who're genetically inclined to being fat from having babies. We should prevent people poorer than the bullies from having children. We should lock gay people in a basement so that bullies won't have to see them. Ugly people should all get plastic surgery before they can have kids, and then their kids should get plastic surgery so they won't get picked on by their generation of bullies. Smart people shouldn't be allowed to have kids since their smart kids will get picked on. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have kids for the same reason. Since the entire plan is to pander to the whims of bullies, where exactly does it stop? Why stop at gays? Bullies will pick on anyone they can for anything, because they're cowards like that. Bullies will always be a problem, and changing things to make bullies happy is only going to lead to another generation of fucked up, self-absorbed morons. You're pretty much saying, "Don't discipline kids for being bullies. Don't teach them that they need to respect everyone no matter what differences there are. Just don't give bullies a reason to bully you."

I went to a public high school (thankfully) in a little South American country called Guyana (Private schools here with the rich kids are Hellish when it comes to bullying, they're little self-entitled bastards whose parents barely see them for 5 minutes a day. Public schools are much much different in that respect here). Kids weren't bullied. We didn't have this nonsense about beating up kids for being different. Kids didn't dare give backchat to teachers. And oh yes, kids were given spanks with a ruler if they did dare insult a teacher. Bullying is not compulsory to go through when growing up. This country is a great example for that. Bullies in North America are given way too much freedom to do whatever they wish, with no repercussions. There was a gay boy in my class. And not a single person ever bullied him, in fact he was very well liked. People need to be taught tolerance and respect.

People need to stop being afraid of bullies, and deal with that matter, rather than pushing it aside saying it's too hard, and then going after the gays, who are a much much easier target, what with all the stigma attached to them. Bullying does not and SHOULD NOT have to be a part of growing up.

Edited by Ladida, 26 June 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#122 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

I shall post a counter argument based on past conversations, and I want you to answer it truthfully.

Should interracial marriage be allowed?

It's already allowed methinks. Posted Image
Should it be? I dunno, is a white girl liking a hispanic person interracial? Cuz if it is.... then YESSSSSS
I love hispanics. I'm sorry. There is no denying their sexyness. And no, not the ones from spain. Those guys are most definitely white. Posted Image

#123 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

Posted Image

I'd much rather this thread be filled with love and acceptance.

#124 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

-______- I can have whatever the fuck opinion I want. And since you decided to be a bitch, I will go ahead and say I think it's fucking repulsive. My point is, just like you all can come on here and say YAY anyone else should be able to come state their opinion on the matter too..... If you can't handle an opinion, then you shouldn't be on this thread......

This is why I don't come online anymore, because you all are a bunch of one-sided assholes and if somebody doesn't agree with your ideas, or doesn't have the best fucking grammar you all fucking jump on them. Fucking ridiculous.

Oh dear, you were being serious :/

#125 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

My first post was intended to be an opinion, but I guess i worded it in a way that made you guys think that it was a statement. I will be careful of my wording from now on as I already said before if you were reading the posts. Apparently, it seems like your not.

Please link me to the unedited post in which you stated that you apologized for making an assertion of fact when you actually were attempting to give your opinion? I do read the entire thread before posting, I can assure you of that. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users