Photo

I think I got frozen :S

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

I ran Abrosia today for about 3 hours straight during the evening. Then SS'd for the AC until around 8 p.m. because I had guitar lessons until 10 pm. That's when I used SS again to send 25 more scores of Slushie Slinger. Then, I ran Abrosia once more to restock at the Igloo, although I reached my limit of 10 items, but since I didn't know exactly when I could restock again at the Igloo, I just let it work. I shortly became slept until it was around 1 a.m., ordered Abrosia to change to main shops, got 3 items and, until it was 2 a.m. (00:00 NST here) I stopped Abrosia and decided to login into my account to check on the AC results and get my dailies... nothing wrong or weird was shown until I got the message that my password was wrong. I didn't freak out at first, instead, just thought that I typed it wrong and retyped it. Nothing.
Switched to Firefox, where I had the browser save my username and password, so I wouldn't miss this time... and still couldn't login because of introducing an "incorrect password". Now I freaked out. Tried the username retrieving function, introducing my email, but got a message that said that there were no accounts associated with my e-mail address. Desperately, I went to Chrome, activated a proxy and tried to login to my shell account in order to search for my main's username hoping to check if I got frozen (since that happened to my very first account that got frozen 3 years ago... didn't get a freeze message but couldn't login anymore, and, when searching for my username, it didn't show up anymore), but I couldn't get into that shell because of the same issue: "wrong password".
So now, I tried creating a side with the same e-mail address I used for my main and succeeded, then proceeded to search for both my main's and my shell's username, and got them. Both userlookups were intact, altogether with shops, pets lookups, etc. So, does that mean that they didn't get frozen?
I tried to login yet again, but got a message that said that I tried too many times to access into that account and would have to wait 1 hour to try again. Now, as a last resort, I used the password retrieval option by typing my main's username and, strangely enough, got my username and password delivered into my e-mail address, and both were, according to the mail, exactly the same as what I typed or had saved with my browser's preferences. Moreover, I tried using once again the username retrieval tool and succeeded this time, getting an e-mail with both my main's and my recently created side's information and also the info from an account that got frozen around 3 months ago because of getting a very high score legitly at a game while the account was only 3 days old. But anyways... does anyone have an idea of what happened to my account? Did I get hacked, or scammed or frozen? I can't verify nothing right now, since I still have to wait the 1-hour ban period from trying to login.
I would very much appreciate any theory/help/explanation. Thanks in advance!
And sorry for the long explanation, but felt that it would be better if I provided as much information as possible (:

EDIT: Also, before trying to use both the username and password retrieval functions, I tried logging in from Abrosia, just some minutes after stopping it and trying to access my account from the website and then got a Login ERROR, even with saved username and password.

Edited by IceSandwich, 07 July 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#2 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

Well, this has my hopes up about my account.

#3 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Well SS is really high high freeze rate .. my last account was frozen for AC SSing

#4 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

Well SS is really high high freeze rate .. my last account was frozen for AC SSing

But if I got frozen I would have got a message saying that I got frozen, with the motive and stuff =/

#5 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

I think you're fine.

I had the same problem and got back onto my account.

#6 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

You would get a message if you were frozen. I think you mis-typed your password a few times or were hacked. Also, I've been SSing AC basically 24/7 with no problems. You'll be fine.

Edited by Cold, 07 July 2011 - 12:18 AM.

#7 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

Never heard of this happening before, are you sure you don't have capslock on or something stupid?

But then again that wouldn't explain abrosia, deep breaths and patience I says.

#8 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

I think you're fine.

I had the same problem and got back onto my account.

Yay, you are right. I tried after the 1-hour ban period and could now login, as if nothing happened...
Still, I wonder why two people now had exactly the same issue around the same time of the day and got it solved in the exact same way at the same time... and still, as Kittycat says, the Abrosia thing is still unexplained.
Perhaps it's a glitch with the servers... any ideas?

Edited by IceSandwich, 07 July 2011 - 12:24 AM.

#9 Shirlyn

Shirlyn
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

Nah,, I tried logging in to my account awhile after 12am NST, had the same problem. I think its neo's servers or something.

#10 InFeeD

InFeeD
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

You guys just got trolled by TNT. lol

#11 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

Nah,, I tried logging in to my account awhile after 12am NST, had the same problem. I think its neo's servers or something.

Yep, me too. It was an auto-complete password too, so I was certain it was the right password.

#12 Mai

Mai
  • 96 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:44 AM

Didn't they announce the servers could have some downtime because of maintenance?

#13 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

I also got the same message. Thought I was hacked or something. After like 20 minutes, login just fine. TNT is messing up things

#14 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

If you were using a proxy to AB on your account and that proxy got IP banned that would happen.
I don't think you're frozen.

#15 j0nath0n3

j0nath0n3
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

must have been a problem with TNT

#16 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

ether that or you have your CAPS Lock on when you were typing the password in or something... *shrug*

#17 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

i think it is just a log in problem. the situation u describe which says that no account is associated happens quite frequently. nobody can logged into neopets during that short period

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

Not if you use it properly.

#19 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

So, the conclusion is that this must have been caused by TNT's troll servers, seeing as how many people now got the same issue. But, is this the first time this happened?

#20 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

So, the conclusion is that this must have been caused by TNT's troll servers, seeing as how many people now got the same issue. But, is this the first time this happened?

the situation u describe which says that no account is associated happens quite frequently.

as i written above. it happens quite frequently =/ so it isnt the first time

#21 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

I think you are fine... just wait until tomorrow and if you still can't log in, email TNT. If you were frozen, you would have gotten a message.

#22 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

I think you are fine... just wait until tomorrow and if you still can't log in, email TNT. If you were frozen, you would have gotten a message.

Yeah, I can now just login normally. Thanks (:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users