338 replies to this topic

#26 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

He said he was leaving soon Posted Image

Weeeeelll, it's not like he HAD to post, right? I'm sure one of the admins would have done it anyway, Pyro's not a carrier pigeon. That said, it doesn't bother me that he posted, and I'm glad to be in the know about the new process coming into effect :)

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

Weeeeelll, it's not like he HAD to post, right? I'm sure one of the admins would have done it anyway, Pyro's not a carrier pigeon. That said, it doesn't bother me that he posted, and I'm glad to be in the know about the new process coming into effect :)

I didn't think he meant that. I thought the 48hr discussion window made Pyro's "leaving" spiel pretty redundant anyway.

*edits last post to account for it anyway*

#28 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

Can we also nominate current Advanced members for demotion?

#29 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

Once the new system is around for awhile won't something like that be redundant?

#30 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

There would be a whole list to go through then lol. Probably 80% will be demoted if you decide to demote.

#31 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

Only Advanced?

#32 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Once the new system is around for awhile won't something like that be redundant?

i am sure that there are a few targets for that nomination already =) people who gotten their advance through mass spamming within 2 weeks

#33 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

There would be a whole list to go through then lol. Probably 80% will be demoted if you decide to demote.

Not really. I can only think of one right now. I think a majority or advanced members are okay/simply not playing neo anymore, so they don't post.

#34 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Active participation as-well as a recommendation from an advanced, retired or staff member.

What is classified as active participation? Helping the community by releasing tutorials, guides, etc., or not spamming your way to a high post count and actually posting well thought-out posts?

Also, would it be possible to demote people who got to 500 posts and haven't posted in a specified amount of time?
ie: got to 500, didn't post since you got 500, you get demoted

Edited by soulshin3, 07 July 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#35 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

Only Advanced?

Got to start somewhere.

#36 Mai

Mai
  • 96 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

What is classified as active participation? Helping the community by releasing tutorials, guides, etc., or not spamming your way to a high post count and actually posting well thought-out posts?

Also, would it be possible to demote people who got to 500 posts and haven't posted in a specified amount of time?
ie: got to 500, didn't post since you got 500, you get demoted

In that case, wouldn't it be easier to set up a +rep system?

#37 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:45 AM

...there is a + rep system. But as you can see, it gets abused and silly, meaningless posts get rep all the time.

#38 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

I'd feel it would be better to just have a higher rank than Advanced and create some sexy stuff for this higher rank that requires application and everything, and if it really ticks people off then one could also make it so that some cool stuff in Advanced would be moved up to the higher rank.

Or just call it Pre-Advanced or something

At the very least, the system is better than before

Edited by Rapist, 07 July 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#39 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

People will be setting up groups, pming each other, and setting up plans to rep each other to advance

I'd feel it would be better to just have a higher rank than Advanced and create some sexy stuff for this higher rank that requires application and everything, and if it really ticks people off then one could also make it so that some cool stuff in Advanced would be moved up to the higher rank.

There's not much to advanced besides full control of Abrosia and the item database, so it would be pointless to create another rank

Edited by Kang, 07 July 2011 - 12:01 PM.

#40 SiameseDream

SiameseDream
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

Paying for it isn't that bad... it's the only true fair way.

#41 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Paying for it isn't that bad... it's the only true fair way.

I've actually considered this. 24$ for 6 months doesn't sound like a bad deal, but are the advanced features really worth it? If you're advanced and mess with the settings too much you have a higher chance of getting iced, right?

#42 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

I've actually considered this. 24$ for 6 months doesn't sound like a bad deal, but are the advanced features really worth it? If you're advanced and mess with the settings too much you have a higher chance of getting iced, right?

Yeah. But honestly, it seems with non advanced ABer it's hard to get good stuff. If you just lower your times a little you stay safe and eep yourself better than all other people using the ABer non-advanced.

Edited by Neoquest, 07 July 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#43 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

The rank higher than advanced is retired, if I have read correctly.

#44 Stunnerrunner

Stunnerrunner
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

I'm liking this new system. Obviously, there are still some things to consider and work out, but I like where it's going. There's a good idea behind it, and I can't wait to take advantage of it. :rolleyes:

#45 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

Yeah. But honestly, it seems with non advanced ABer it's hard to get good stuff. If you just lower your times a little you stay safe and eep yourself better than all other people using the ABer non-advanced.

I hadn't really thought about that. Even by lowering your pre-haggle stats by a little bit you're faster than most people and most of the ABers out there. Plus, visiting specific shops sounds like it would be really nice. It's something I might invest in when my account finally gets to 1 month old.

Edited by soulshin3, 07 July 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#46 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

First and

Posted Image

I wish I was that water jet..

#47 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

Hidden voting is a must if it is in fact a nomination+voting setup because people wont be honest if their comments are public, and it will start drama. The way private was set up previously seemed like it was a fair way to select new members (although I was never private, so I can't comment on that side of things). Post a format for those applying (answer these questions), submit into a locked topic, discuss in advanced forum, post results at the end of each month? Essentially what private was.

Edited by Kyle, 07 July 2011 - 12:25 PM.

#48 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Damn. There goes 500 posts. At least people like Maha and Donaldmax serve no point in their posts anymore.

#49 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Power to you Pyro!

Finally a reliable way :)

#50 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Damn. There goes 500 posts. At least people like Maha and Donaldmax serve no point in their posts anymore.

Lol there's one person who got pass the checkpoint and might be nominated for demotion though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users