• This topic is locked This topic is locked
338 replies to this topic

#76 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

With respect, that's not your job.

In fact, it seems to me that this move is exceptionally rude.

You seriously need to stop with this, "I have a say in everything you guys do" attitude of yours. What the staff and administration do is completely up to them and not yourself. Stop insulting staff members. Stop telling staff members they are doing things wrong. Stop telling people what they can and cannot do.

When we have a need for your opinion, we will stop and ask for it. Until then, please keep them to yourself.

#77 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

As enjoyable as that would be for me since I'm a whiny bitch, it might have to hold off till later :3

*adds frostz*

OHOHOH and zevrom? :p

..and maybe Abradix for the hell of it

#78 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

As enjoyable as that would be for me since I'm a whiny bitch, it might have to hold off till later :3

*adds frostz*

Yup that was the name I was thinking too

#79 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

You seriously need to stop with this, "I have a say in everything you guys do" attitude of yours. What the staff and administration do is completely up to them and not yourself. Stop insulting staff members. Stop telling staff members they are doing things wrong. Stop telling people what they can and cannot do.

When we have a need for your opinion, we will stop and ask for it. Until then, please keep them to yourself.

Sorry, you seem to have mistaken the point of a discussion board for something entirely different.

#80 Myste

Myste
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

I would just like to add my thoughts;

Personally, I pay for my advanced (duh) But I check this forum at the least once a day I feel I know alot of you even though none of you have ever heard of me x) I never really talk much since i am defiantly more of a lurker and most of the time by the time I get to a thread it has either turned into a insult-a-thon/friends chatting or the question has already been answered :p

I can not say I could help much in the ways of guides or coding to be a helpful active member. So I am curious how this will effect a little member like me - As I would hardly win a popularity contest around here x). At least before I had the far-far-far-far-far-far off dream of one day hitting 500 posts :3

Edit : Re-reading this, I sound like a stalker Posted Image

Edited by Myste, 07 July 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#81 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

Well, I have to agree on the spammers part, even though a change like this might affect a non-advanced member like me.
I really hate spam, since a lot of people just tend to get into a thread and say something that someone already said or quote someone's post say "lol xD" or "rofl" and there, +1 post. They don't even try to disimulate and, at least, write a full sentence.
But also, in order to get advanced, according to the new plans, I'll have to make a guide or something... and this is where many would be affected, since many of us have little to no knowledge on programming and, while we could at least make a guide for a game, it would be totally pointless, as AoB or SS will be preferred anyways... so, really, the only way we, useless members, can contribute to the community is by participating, answering questions and trying to help others. Will this count as long-term contribution?

#82 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

YES!!! good bye 500 post!!!

Seriously... it irritates me that sometimes new members spams non stop and in a couple of days gathered hundreds of post...

Oh and i would like to suggest having a different group name for those who are paying... so that we can differentiate between advance member(who are really advance) and normal member who are paying to get the advance membership...

This would solve the problem of identifying whether you're really a genuine advance or a paying advance... Yea sure it does not benefit me since i'm paying.. but at least im contributing and not taking it for free...

Some are able to contribute via active participation.. some via their pocket... sad to say.. my participation is partial.. so i let my pocket help me in this.. lol

Edited by b3lldandy, 07 July 2011 - 03:19 PM.

#83 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

Although (from what I know about this) I am in favor of a new system, I do kind of wonder why the admins wouldn't let Codexians vote on this issue? I understand that any changes to the site are ultimately up to administration, but I think a fair vote would put some of the problems the new system is facing to rest. If a new system is voted in by the forum's public, the public would not be able to complain about it or really be upset with the admins whatsoever. It's simple really, we should be able to vote whether or not we want a change to the site.

#84 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

Joe has been around long enough that you'd have to be stupid to completely disregard his opinion (the same goes for our other long-term members) and from what I can tell one purpose of creating this announcement early seems to have been to start discussion on the issue, a discussion can't be one-way arse licking all the time, it's important that people feel able to express their opinion freely on the forum without being shouted down by pseudo-staff members for no good reason.

#85 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Joe has been around long enough that you'd have to be stupid to completely disregard his opinion (the same goes for our other long-term members) and from what I can tell one purpose of creating this announcement early seems to have been to start discussion on the issue, a discussion can't be one-way arse licking all the time, it's important that people feel able to express their opinion freely on the forum without being shouted down by pseudo-staff members for no good reason.

If he was just sharing ideas, sure. He is acting like he is in control of this board, and that he has the right to tell us what to do. He does not know what power or position pyro has, and yet he dares to insult him publicly because he thinks that hes been here for a long time and thus means something. I've tolerated this behavior for a long time because hes been here for a while, but I'm not going to tolerate it anymore. If he wants to express his opinion, he can be less of an ass.

#86 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

I've tolerated this behavior for a long time because hes been here for a while, but I'm not going to tolerate it anymore. If he wants to express his opinion, he can be less of an ass.

Well, this sounds interesting.

And for the record, not knowing what powers and positions people have is one of the fundametal failings of the staff system in it's current incarnation.

#87 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

If he was just sharing ideas, sure. He is acting like he is in control of this board, and that he has the right to tell us what to do. He does not know what power or position pyro has, and yet he dares to insult him publicly because he thinks that hes been here for a long time and thus means something. I've tolerated this behavior for a long time because hes been here for a while, but I'm not going to tolerate it anymore. If he wants to express his opinion, he can be less of an ass.

He expressed the exact same concerns that I had from reading Pyro's initial post and I think those concerns were justified. It seems to be becoming a bit of a habit to make decisions without the admins taking a lead now, for example, SL and Hydro didn't even know about the Beta Tester rank until it had already been established and it seemed like this was another example of that given the way Pyro phrased his post. Questioning that is not being 'an ass'.

#88 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

This thread is so much fun to lurk.
Also, it seems that this is setting the forum in a good direction.

#89 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

Yes! because when the changes applies.. i for example.. would be worried about how this would affect paying users..

on one hand i totally agree with removing 500 post as a requirement.. and on the other hand.. i do hope this site still allows the paying option.. and with regards to the new system... without doubt.. you need to establish a minimum requirement for application to be advance member... (e.g. we can still implement like 500 post thing.. but you need to submit an application stating what are you're contributions etc to a staff member.. and if they failed their first application.. they can re-attempt it for another 3 months for example...)

This failing on first attempt and having to wait a period of time before you can apply again is something companies like shell and petronas(malaysian petroleum company) have done.. That is to say... "you're not accept because you're not experienced enough.. come again in another year when you have acquired more skill or experience"

#90 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'm just waiting for the time when I'm demoted for not contributing enough.

#91 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

He expressed the exact same concerns that I had from reading Pyro's initial post and I think those concerns were justified. It seems to be becoming a bit of a habit to make decisions without the admins taking a lead now, for example, SL and Hydro didn't even know about the Beta Tester rank until it had already been established and it seemed like this was another example of that given the way Pyro phrased his post. Questioning that is not being 'an ass'.

The idea of keeping the administration informed was a lovely concept, when they actually cared about the site. Now we are lucky if we can even get a single admin to talk about the site. I'm glad that we created the Beta Testers rank without going through their approval, because I'm beyond sick if sitting around waiting for a group of people who have their own lives, to stop and care about the site. I would rather not bother them with stuff like this when they have much more important things to deal with.

And he was a complete ass. I'm sorry that you can't see that, but he was a complete ass, and you should stop sticking up for him because he is an "old" member. Its this attitude that makes him think he can get away with doing whatever he wants.

If you want to discuss this further, talk to me in irc.

#92 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

And he was a complete ass. I'm sorry that you can't see that, but he was a complete ass, and you should stop sticking up for him because he is an "old" member. Its this attitude that makes him think he can get away with doing whatever he wants.

I'm not "sticking up for him because he is an 'old' member", he's old enough to stick up for himself, I'm agreeing with him because I believe he was right in this instance. I have no problem telling you, Pyro or the admins when I think you're wrong, in this instance I think you were.

#93 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

I'm not "sticking up for him because he is an 'old' member", he's old enough to stick up for himself, I'm agreeing with him because I believe he was right in this instance. I have no problem telling you, Pyro or the admins when I think you're wrong, in this instance I think you were.

I had nothing to do with this decision at all?

#94 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

I had nothing to do with this decision at all?

http://www.neocodex....ost__p__1481199

^ I was referring to that when I said you.

#95 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

Not to derail the arguing or anything,
but it would be interesting if post counts were hidden and only viewable by moderators. Maybe it would take the emphasis off of posting for the sake of +1 on your post count.
Eventually, people would still get to 500.

#96 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

All I know is that it's everyone's fault but my own.

OHOHOH and zevrom? :p

..and maybe Abradix for the hell of it

Honestly, I think Zevrom deserves to be advanced. He was annoying, but at least he somewhat contributed. Same with Abradix.

I think Peonyourlawn and Umadbro shouldn't though.

#97 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/topic/107649-advanced-membership-requirements-changed/page__view__findpost__p__1481199

^ I was referring to that when I said you.

Sweeney consistently bashes staff and new members, and is simply a negative person on the board. If you are honestly telling me that he is not, then I serious doubt your judgement.

#98 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

So much work. Just smash the ban hamma...

#99 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

Sweeney consistently bashes staff and new members, and is simply a negative person on the board. If you are honestly telling me that he is not, then I serious doubt your judgement.

I'll consider myself to be extremely fortunate that your opinion on the quality of my judgement isn't important then. :)

#100 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

So much work. Just smash the ban hamma...

Ha. It'll be a cold day in hell before I get banned from here.
Cam wouldn't even ban me when I asked him to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users