• This topic is locked This topic is locked
338 replies to this topic

#101 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

Sweeney consistently bashes staff and new members, and is simply a negative person on the board. If you are honestly telling me that he is not, then I serious doubt your judgement.

While I somewhat agree with this, it's not without merit :/ We all fuck up every so often, Sweeney just isn't afraid to call us out on it.

#102 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

Ha. It'll be a cold day in hell before I get banned from here.
Cam wouldn't even ban me when I asked him to.

I don't think that post was aimed at you. :p

#103 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

Is this turning into a "if he stays, I go" situation?

#104 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Ha. It'll be a cold day in hell before I get banned from here.
Cam wouldn't even ban me when I asked him to.

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the spammers.

#105 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Doubt it. If every argument between people resulted in "If he stays, I go" then everyone Sweeney fought would be gone from here >_<

#106 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

Is this turning into a "if he stays, I go" situation?

We can only dare to dream.

#107 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

Doubt it. If every argument between people resulted in "If he stays, I go" then everyone Sweeney fought would be gone from here >_<

what is the downside?

#108 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

I don't think that post was aimed at you. :p

It appears you were right.
[/defensivemode]

#109 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

what is the downside?

Didn't say there was one. Although I could see why you thought it was implied.

#110 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

I honestly don't see why you have to do this much work just to get rid of someone like frostz. Enforce a simple rule saying, do not attempt to post your way to 500 posts in a short amount of time or you will be banned. no exceptions. something like that. like if u see someone like frostz, just ban. why would you need all this voting business which will consume even more time.

#111 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

I honestly don't see why you have to do this much work just to get rid of someone like frostz. Enforce a simple rule saying, do not attempt to post your way to 500 posts in a short amount of time or you will be banned. no exceptions. something like that. like if u see someone like frostz, just ban. why would you need all this voting business which will consume even more time.

I got told off for reducing their post count so I can't see the admins supporting a ban for that offence (unfortunately).

#112 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

I would just like to add my thoughts;

Personally, I pay for my advanced (duh) But I check this forum at the least once a day I feel I know alot of you even though none of you have ever heard of me x) I never really talk much since i am defiantly more of a lurker and most of the time by the time I get to a thread it has either turned into a insult-a-thon/friends chatting or the question has already been answered :p

I can not say I could help much in the ways of guides or coding to be a helpful active member. So I am curious how this will effect a little member like me - As I would hardly win a popularity contest around here x). At least before I had the far-far-far-far-far-far off dream of one day hitting 500 posts :3

Edit : Re-reading this, I sound like a stalker Posted Image

Since you seem to have been completely ignored by the bickering I'll take a stab at your questions.

From how I interpreted Pyro's original post it appears that more or less nothing will change for you. Neocodex is still going to offer you the option to purchase your subscription as you do now. If you decide to be more active with the community aspect of the site in the future you will be able to reach advanced without having to work so hard towards a set goal of 500 posts.

In my opinion this sort of system would work out better for a member like yourself. Posting a couple times a day or week would normally cause you to spend months and months to get to the 500 post goal. Now all you will need to do is post messages, like this one, that get you noticed.

Edit : Re-reading this, I sound like a stalker Posted Image

We'd rather you stop stalking and post more though. ^_^

#113 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

I've got it figured out:

We'll handle this like TNT would.

Make being advanced a random event. Perfect.

#114 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

Since you seem to have been completely ignored by the bickering I'll take a stab at your questions.

From how I interpreted Pyro's original post it appears that more or less nothing will change for you. Neocodex is still going to offer you the option to purchase your subscription as you do now. If you decide to be more active with the community aspect of the site in the future you will be able to reach advanced without having to work so hard towards a set goal of 500 posts.

In my opinion this sort of system would work out better for a member like yourself. Posting a couple times a day or week would normally cause you to spend months and months to get to the 500 post goal. Now all you will need to do is post messages, like this one, that get you noticed.

We'd rather you stop stalking and post more though. ^_^

I meant to post a reply to this too. Got lost in the bickering, like Cory said.
And, um... what he said.

#115 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Pyro's suggested system seems like a " I like that guy. lets vote for him! he shuld be advanced!!" " eww i don't like that guy" " he was mean to me" " he was nice to me". Surely you wouldn't want this kind of system imposed into neocodex.

#116 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

I got told off for reducing their post count so I can't see the admins supporting a ban for that offence (unfortunately).

It was because both of us reduced their post count, and SL was on edge.

Now that we do much more communication in reports and everything, I doubt that will happen anymore.

(His post count was reduced by almost 100 posts in total :p)

Pyro's suggested system seems like a " I like that guy. lets vote for him! he shuld be advanced!!" " eww i don't like that guy" " he was mean to me" " he was nice to me". Surely you wouldn't want this kind of system imposed into neocodex.

Oh, but they do >.>

#117 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

Luckily, some of us are capable of a modicum of impartiality ^_^

#118 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

I've got it figured out:

We'll handle this like TNT would.

Make being advanced a random event. Perfect.

That should be the solution for Retired/Private members election instead ;D

Edited by IceSandwich, 07 July 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#119 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

Elitist attitudes tend to scare away quality posters because they don't want to deal with peoples pessimistic bullshit. JS most of the non spam posts on this group is flame-bait and bickering. ANYWAYS, walking away from this thread with my head still on, hoping it won't be chewed off for not being a member of this forum since the first day it was created because the only people with a valid opinion are those who have been on the group longer. JKing, none of the staff seem to really see it that way, iargue, noit, jcr, the ones I've lurked the most anyways.

Spoiler

#120 Charmender

Charmender
  • Awesome

• 4104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

Whats wrong with voting?
Many countrys in the world elect leaders, thats going well i hear

#121 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

(His post count was reduced by almost 100 posts in total :p)

Given that he spammed 500 posts I think 100 post reduction is quite lenient.

#122 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

Agreed. But SL did say he was taking care of it (It only took him three days) :|

#123 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

But he's still an active, contributing member, just like he promised

I learned in kindergarten never to break a promise

#124 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

But he's still an active, contributing member, just like he promised

I learned in kindergarten never to break a promise

Yeah, he sure proved me wrong.

#125 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

Elitist attitudes tend to scare away quality posters because they don't want to deal with peoples pessimistic bullshit. JS most of the non spam posts on this group is flame-bait and bickering. ANYWAYS, walking away from this thread with my head still on, hoping it won't be chewed off for not being a member of this forum since the first day it was created because the only people with a valid opinion are those who have been on the group longer.

That's just a touch hypocritical considering the shit you posted in my Misconceptions topic...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users