Quantcast

Photo

Sotw #10 - THE RESULTS!!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Sotw #10 - THE RESULTS!!

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Vote for your Favorite Sig!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

There you have it. Vote!

THE RESULTS

1: Kuro - 2 votes
2: Salamabda - 11 votes (1st place!)
3: Myste - 6 votes (3rd place!)
4: onlyme - 2 votes
5: Roa - 5 votes
6: cory - 3 votes
7: Joanna - 1 vote
8: cyo - 2 votes
9: Tetiel - 7 votes (2nd place!)
10: Red Chaos - 1 vote

(Sorry, Myste, one of your votes was cast by a banned member, so that one vote was disqualified.)
Congrats to our first place winner Salamanda! I will contact you soon to see if you prefer the prize of a $10 itunes gift card, or a $10 Neocash card. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for next week's challenge!
Tetiel, for your prize (A Royal Paintbrush) please contact Strategist.
Myste, for your prize (1,000,000 nps) please contact Boggart.

Well done, everyone. I really loved all of these!
And I'm not just saying that to be nice.
I never say anything just to be nice.

#2 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

#10 made me lol so hard. Giving me a run for my money, you clever bastard whoever you are <3

#3 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Number 2 hurts my eyes. :(

#4 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

i dont know any of those :p :p :p

#5 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

I wish I were good enough at graphics to submit one

I think everyone knows which one I voted for :p

#6 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

edit: thought I knew which one steph did but I was wrong. ._.

I voted for the third one.

#7 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

2 looks the coolest lol. hahahaha #10 voldemort is crack up XD

#8 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

I wanted someone to do a 'Why so Sirius' sig :(

#9 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

I've been working on one! Lol, but I didnt finish it in time. :p

#10 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

i wanted to enter something like this:

Posted Image

but i found it on google, so i couldn't. and now that i see that nobody made a fluffy sig i'm very sad.

Posted Image

Edited by onlyme, 08 July 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#11 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

10 made me lol, but I voted for 3, I thought it was cute. And 2 is a epileptic's worst nightmare.

#12 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

I too am surprised at lack of "why so sirius" sig :( But good job guys :)

#13 Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

Would've voted for number 2 if it didn't give me a seizure before voting.

#14 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Would've voted for number 2 if it didn't give me a seizure before voting.

Yes, I think it would look really awesome if it were slowed down just a tad. Maybe a half second per image? It hurts me to look at it, as it sits which is too bad.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

Yes, I think it would look really awesome if it were slowed down just a tad. Maybe a half second per image? It hurts me to look at it, as it sits which is too bad.

It is just a bit too fast, but I do like that they're asynchronous (basically) so it looks more random. But if it were a real forum siggy it'd get kinda annoying after awhile

That being said I still voted for it... :3

#16 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

Voted for 2. Animated images usually beats still images except it's just tad bit fast and looking at it for too long may cause seizure

#17 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO VOOOOTE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

grmpf -.-

#18 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

I voted for 9. I also feel a need to comment on every sig. I'm not going to cover my opinions with sugar and chocolate so if you don't like what I have to say about your sig, suck it up.

1. Took me a bit to actually figure out how this relates to harry potter. looks hand drawn, and if it is kudos to you but it would probably work better as fanart.

2. It reminds me of a slide projector or an old movie. It caught my eye at first but it's really not much... throw on a sepia tone on some images and animate it and your done... I can see this one winning though since people will be bedazzled by the animation and ignore the lack of actually artistic skill required to make something like this.

3. The drawing of Hermoine is very cute, though there are things that stand out that make me believe after the drawing, the rest was thrown together in paint. it''s also very blank behind the text, could have done something there.

4. Not much to say about this one. There's the pic, then some text slapped on top. Could throw that together in 2 minutes once I found the image and font.

5. I'm not sure what about this one makes me dislike it... Snape's head being half cut offis one thing... it's like the text is the main focus of the sig rather than Snape himself.

6. Same comment as number 4, except they threw a squared design overtop. Nothing special here.

7. I don't really know what to say about this one. it's nice, but could be better. Use of the Harry Potter font is cool, I'm surprised more people didn't use it. Snape is a dark character so a dark sig suits him but it almost feels boring to look at.

8. Too contrasted.

9. This one gets my vote. The text looks good and suits the sig (text is something I'm terrible at in sigs.) the light source at the end of the want and the surrounding design fits in nicely, gives it a touch of magic. I'm not really sure whats going on in the background though. usually backgrounds have some sort of flow to them but I can't find any, overall though very nice.

10. I have absolutely nothing to say about this...

#19 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

As enjoyable 2 is to look at, and nicely made, it's not a siggy. It'd be far too distracting if you actually put it into your signature. Animations are fine, but it's too big for it to work. Plus the different in the images flashed for a sec make it more distracting so than if it were 6 just being Snape moving his head back and force, like in the original video. That being said, 8 is the next runner up. And then 6. They're the only ones, imho, that would look decent on an actual signature. 6 could've been slightly animated/smaller and animated, and it would've been fine.

So yes, 8.

9, the effects and colors are nice, but it's very low quality. :c

Edited by Roa, 09 July 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#20 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

2 is nice but too fast. flashes just too fast.

#21 Tanuki

Tanuki
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

Voted for #9 because LUNAAAAAAAAAAA <3

No seriously, it's pretty, it's simple, it doesn't hurt my eyes (sorry #2 - your seizure-inducing animations are too much), and it actually looks like a sig. Some of these (#1, #8) just don't look like sigs... they just look like cropped images. #3 and #4 would've been improved by better font choice. I wish #6 was animated, would've won my vote if he was bopping side to side... :p But everyone had a good shot, nice work!

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but who is that in #10 apart from Voldemort, lol

#22 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:15 AM

Some of these (#1, #8) just don't look like sigs... they just look like cropped images.

8 definitely is a signature. How exactly does it look like just a cropped image?. It looks like it was smudged, something I very commonly do in my siggies, so I recognize it, but it could be some other effect.

#23 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:28 AM

voted for 6 now. because... it's cute.

#24 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

9. Render doesn't really blend in with the background, the wand jizz is too jizzy to me. I do not care for the font. Overall it's too sharp as well.

I voted for 5. font is a tad too blurry and Severus' head is slightly incomplete but otherwise nice.

#25 Tanuki

Tanuki
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

8 definitely is a signature. How exactly does it look like just a cropped image?. It looks like it was smudged, something I very commonly do in my siggies, so I recognize it, but it could be some other effect.

Dunno how to explain it. It's just not... interesting. To me, at a glance, it just looks like someone cropped an image and (maybe) put a colour filter over it to make it all blue. If it had some text or other effects, it'd be a different story. *shrugs* I don't see the smudging or whatever, so yeah, that's my impression.

... saying all this makes me feel bad for the creator though :( I'm sorry whoever you are! I'm just picky and weird!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users