Quantcast

Photo

[GUIDE] Smart ABing - High Volume, Low Profit, Low Risk - FULL LISTS FOR EVERY SHOP! (Updated Aug 3, 2011)

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#26 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:14 AM

for the big shop: definetely agreed upon :D
to give it some dimension, my rough stats from yesterday's 8h session in the bookshop (with roughly 20 minutes per hour taking a break, so ~2h 40m net restock time):
items bought: ~450
np spent: ~310k (~690/item)
estimated profit: ~1.3m (~425%) (~3k/item)

note that I have rather high buy times (~5s on average), so I missed most of the more valuable items (mostly those with >30k profit), so with faster buy times you could definetely do a lot better.

You bought 450 items in 8 hours? O_o

#27 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

You bought 450 items in 8 hours? O_o

well, half price day and going for *points at the topic* high volume, low profit
during half price day almost all items that stock in the bookshop are cheap enough to fit my criteria (>500 profit, profit > price).
as a result the shop is cleared permanently and you just buy as much as you can while there's a restock ;)

#28 Neocucks

Neocucks
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:33 AM

for the big shop: definetely agreed upon :D
to give it some dimension, my rough stats from yesterday's 8h session in the bookshop (with roughly 20 minutes per hour taking a break, so ~2h 40m net restock time):
items bought: ~450
np spent: ~310k (~690/item)
estimated profit: ~1.3m (~425%) (~3k/item)

note that I have rather high buy times (~5s on average), so I missed most of the more valuable items (mostly those with >30k profit), so with faster buy times you could definetely do a lot better.

Thanks for the input! I love seeing those kind of numbers :D

Edit: I'm really liking the lists as well. Why waste time going after UBs at a slower speed with regular membership? I'd rather have Abrosia buy a 5-15k profit item than try and miss on an UB, only to be left with nothing else to get D:

At least, that was my initial idea. I've no real clue how Abrosia functions, though. I'm just going to continue tweaking these lists around it and hopefully we can all get a bigger chunk of the shops. (The legit mediocre RSers probably aren't going to have too much fun in the next few months.) I'm psyched about September!

Edited by splatzilla, 04 August 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#29 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for the input! I love seeing those kind of numbers :D

Although, I suppose if you've got Advanced, ABrosia's lists will always be superior. I'll just have to work towards it myself =) (Only like what, 485 more posts to go? Lol.)

oh, sorry if it didn't get through, but I didn't actually use your list (actually I didn't use abrosia).
just wanted to show how the "high volume, low profit, low risk" system works out pretty well during half price day :)

thought I already stated it, but the "list" I used is "take all items in the bookshop with the restock prices and sell prices from the item databse, half the restock price, remove all that yield less than 500 np profit, remove all that have a bigger restock price than profit" (it's all done automatically, but that's how it works essentially).
and to throw in some more numbers: there were ~1300 items in that "list" during half price day (as opposed to my usual ~650 items (same criteria, just without the "half the restock price" (as it's not half price day xD) and with 1000 np instead of 500)

#30 Neocucks

Neocucks
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

oh, sorry if it didn't get through, but I didn't actually use your list (actually I didn't use abrosia).
just wanted to show how the "high volume, low profit, low risk" system works out pretty well during half price day :)

thought I already stated it, but the "list" I used is "take all items in the bookshop with the restock prices and sell prices from the item databse, half the restock price, remove all that yield less than 500 np profit, remove all that have a bigger restock price than profit" (it's all done automatically, but that's how it works essentially).
and to throw in some more numbers: there were ~1300 items in that "list" during half price day (as opposed to my usual ~650 items (same criteria, just without the "half the restock price" (as it's not half price day xD) and with 1000 np instead of 500)

Ah, okay. My mistake.

#31 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

lol at the girly account comment xD

I have a female account with all "boyish" stuff xD i tell people am a guy on it too :p quite funny ^_^

good guide

#32 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

Thanks so much! and good effort. The plot has made many items worthless now :L ive been using the old list

#33 latituded1

latituded1
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

Again, this is verrrry verrrry nice except some shops are just really bad with the AB list but all in all this is great just some items where i lose profit rather than gain.

#34 Lovato

Lovato
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 308 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

Again, this is verrrry verrrry nice except some shops are just really bad with the AB list but all in all this is great just some items where i lose profit rather than gain.

Well, lists aren't dynamically updated so you have to rely on others to update it for you or just do it yourself.

#35 latituded1

latituded1
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

Well, lists aren't dynamically updated so you have to rely on others to update it for you or just do it yourself.

Yeah i'm content with it though, i just delete what I don't like and it works pretty well, the only thing is that even the cheap stuff with little profit take a while to sell.

#36 Lovato

Lovato
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 308 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

Yeah i'm content with it though, i just delete what I don't like and it works pretty well, the only thing is that even the cheap stuff with little profit take a while to sell.

That's the main reason I don't use this method, I prefer ETS items that carry a little more risk but sell out in a day. :p Each to their own, I guess.

#37 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:53 PM

profits are too low now IMO in food shop im losing money on the low NP items :L might need to check out on it

#38 Neocucks

Neocucks
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

profits are too low now IMO in food shop im losing money on the low NP items :L might need to check out on it

Thanks for the input! I'll re-do the Food Shop list tomorrow and update / post it individually for ya.

Personally, if I get more than 7-10 of the same low-profit item I just delete it from the list. I figure I'll update the lists every month, slowly upping the profit thresholds so we don't all get stuck with 48x copies of the low-end crap.

ABing progress: Done a total of about 70 hours of ABing and I've gained 3.9m NP. My shop is size 200+ and almost full now, so that's pretty cool :)

Edit on August 19th 2011. Family came over for the weekend and I've been dragged away. Won't have the re-done Food Shop list until Monday.

Edited by splatzilla, 19 August 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#39 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

Some of the best listings I've seen so far. Appreciate the time and effort, using a few today. :D

#40 3104558

• 21 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

Oh very nice! You most definitely rock.

#41 sarcastiiclove

sarcastiiclove
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

A wonderfully compiled list. Kudos, friend!

#42 riz1

riz1
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Was just using the Fresh Foods list but like 50% of the things it bought was 0 profit.... and also I was looking at the list under Item Database for fresh foods and it didnt even have any of the items with the most profit... so i dont get it

#43 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

This is amazing.
Thank you so much! :x3:

#44 supra16

supra16
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

This is great! I've been stocking plushies like mad all day in 30-60 minute intervals. I haven't made any huge amounts of money (probably about 50k so far) but I have a ton of plushies that are worth a bunch now! Actually, as I typed that last sentence, I got a Lab Ray Mad Scientist Plushie, worth 92,637NP according to the item DB :D
That's actually my most valuable one so far haha. Either way, thanks for all of the hard work you put into this. I know I'm new here so my praise doesn't hold as much weight as some of the other members, but I really appreciate you going through this kind of trouble to make sure that non-premium members such as myself can make money.

Keep up the good work! ;)

#45 Jas527

Jas527
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

This is a fantastic list system that you have created. I myself was quite a poor manual RSer because of issues with latency and patience. Having this run in the background while I get to do other things is so handy. Thanks so much for you effort into creating ( and ?updating) these lists. Will probably post again if I turn a profit in the next week.

#46 unamplified

unamplified
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

Are these lists suitable for accounts < 16 days?

#47 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Are these lists suitable for accounts < 16 days?

I would just suggest you to just restock at the Pharmacy if your account is younger than 16 days. c:
The list for that should work, I would think.

#48 Dimo

Dimo
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Had my doubts about this. Bought 9 Blue Kyrii Plushies. They didn't sell but I went to sleep and woke up and there were 3 left. And those plushies are at the bottom of the list :D

Edit: Please update your lists :( So far I've bought 2 plushies with negative profits.

Edited by gryffindor35, 15 November 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#49 Xexist

Xexist
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Very cool, thanks for the hard work, I will give it a try :)

#50 chipndale

chipndale
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

Great job, thanks for the list! Really helpful for non-advanced members with shitty internet like me :D

Btw it'd be awesome if you could update your list, tyvm :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users