Photo

Severus Snape

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

To distract me from my studies, I decided to make something for Georgina!

C+C welcome! :funone:

Posted Image

Insert informational text here to look smart and for people who don't know who Severus Snape is which would be very weird indeed to not know who Severus Snape is as Severus Snape is a very important character in Severus Snape's appearance in Harry Potter and Severus Snape and other stuff.

Severus Snape is a fictional character in the Harry Potter book series written by J.K. Rowling. In the first novel of the series, he is hostile to Harry and is built up to be the primary villain until the final chapters. As the series progresses, Snape's character becomes more layered and complex. Rowling does not fully reveal the details of his true loyalties until the end of the final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Snape appears in all seven novels of the series.

Over the course of the series, Snape's portrayal evolves from that of a malicious and partisan teacher, to that of a pivotal character of considerable complexity and moral ambiguity. Snape primarily teaches Potions at Hogwarts, though in the sixth novel he teaches Defence Against the Dark Arts, a position which he was known to have desired throughout the series. He ultimately becomes Headmaster of Hogwarts in the final novel. Rowling has described him as "a gift of a character".

#2 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

It looks great!
I'm pretty sure Georgie would like it even more if he had his shirt off xD

#3 Bear

Bear
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Looks great! But, I saw something earlier today that I have to post because it reminded me of it.

Posted Image

#4 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

^ Haha... how could I not see that coming? :p

#5 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

Using a texture was a good idea, but this texture doesn't fit. At all. =/ Also, use a bit more lighting and burn the sides a bit more. Run some adjustment layers. Idk. Also, sharpen a tinybit more.

I like where you went with this though. Nice.

#6 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

Using a texture was a good idea, but this texture doesn't fit. At all. =/ Also, use a bit more lighting and burn the sides a bit more. Run some adjustment layers. Idk. Also, sharpen a tinybit more.

I like where you went with this though. Nice.

Not quite sure on how the texture doesn't fit? It's part of the ripping newspaper? O_o

I'll think about the burning to increase the lighting effect though. From your signature I can see you like that but it's hardly my taste to overcontrast and pixelate. ;)

#7 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

Oh no. I meant about using a blue texture on lighten.

#8 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

Oh no. I meant about using a blue texture on lighten.

I have no idea what you're talking about lol. Circle it for me?

#9 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

Freaking awesome. :p

For my sotw #10 entry I wanted to make a sig like that but my skills are lacking. :p
My sig wasn't "magical" enough for my own taste.

Posted Image

#10 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

To distract me from my studies, I decided to make something for Georgina!

C+C welcome! :funone:

Posted Image

Insert informational text here to look smart and for people who don't know who Severus Snape is which would be very weird indeed to not know who Severus Snape is as Severus Snape is a very important character in Severus Snape's appearance in Harry Potter and Severus Snape and other stuff.

Severus Snape is a fictional character in the Harry Potter book series written by J.K. Rowling. In the first novel of the series, he is hostile to Harry and is built up to be the primary villain until the final chapters. As the series progresses, Snape's character becomes more layered and complex. Rowling does not fully reveal the details of his true loyalties until the end of the final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Snape appears in all seven novels of the series.

Over the course of the series, Snape's portrayal evolves from that of a malicious and partisan teacher, to that of a pivotal character of considerable complexity and moral ambiguity. Snape primarily teaches Potions at Hogwarts, though in the sixth novel he teaches Defence Against the Dark Arts, a position which he was known to have desired throughout the series. He ultimately becomes Headmaster of Hogwarts in the final novel. Rowling has described him as "a gift of a character".

i love it! and i bet george will, too! make sure you link her to this thread, she's always busy and might not see it. her name there in the newspaper is so cool!

#11 cokiwah

cokiwah
  • 1655 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

i love it! and i bet george will, too! make sure you link her to this thread, she's always busy and might not see it. her name there in the newspaper is so cool!

Haha yea she saw it before I posted it up anyways. :p

I just wanted some C/C after. :)

#12 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

i see, well, nice job ;)

#13 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

The greenish blue stuff on his cheest looks like a texture.

#14 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

Highly thought it was relevant to this thread.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users