Quantcast

Photo

What video games have you spent the most time playing?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#76 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

I think you get used to it pretty quickly. And the nicer playlists take out the more unbalanced power ups. Arena for example has only sprint, jet packs and hologram(but it's not really much of a power up). Other than that I think there's isn't much of a difference.

I think my biggest problem is that I was a big MLG player and I just didn't feel the same MLG dynamics in reach.

#77 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

I think my biggest problem is that I was a big MLG player and I just didn't feel the same MLG dynamics in reach.

I was never a fan of MLG. Too competitive for my taste. But you're right, it is definitely very different from the old mlg.

#78 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

I was never a fan of MLG. Too competitive for my taste. But you're right, it is definitely very different from the old mlg.

To each his own in the Halo gaming world :p

GoW 3 will be my new game of choice anyway :p

#79 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

I haven't done any 1v1s this season. During season one I dropped to bronze from plat to portrait farm, last season I got bored and start trying to get back up to plat again, my mmr is about a mid-high plat level (maaaaybe low diamond). Lately I've been messing around with zerg in team league.

I play some customs, I'm pretty good at monobattle (macro-->win), I've played fastest (got tired of all the douches who mass void ray), and quite a lot other ones like phantoms or d-strike.

I see. I'm a Plat Terran, and I've played probably less than twenty games of 1v1 this season. I play a lot of customs, normally some of the tower defense games or desert strike. Mostly, though, I play with friends, so a lot of team games are played.

#80 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

Speaking of MLGs...

MLG Raleigh is this weekend! I am leaving tomorrow morning from Boone, which is about a 3 hour drive. Hoping for big things so we will see how it goes!

#81 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

To each his own in the Halo gaming world :p

GoW 3 will be my new game of choice anyway :p

Cheers to that, I've got schooling to worry about. No gaming for me for a while...

#82 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

I see. I'm a Plat Terran, and I've played probably less than twenty games of 1v1 this season. I play a lot of customs, normally some of the tower defense games or desert strike. Mostly, though, I play with friends, so a lot of team games are played.

lol my main is terran, i've began dabbling in terran mech...against every race, tbh it hasn't failed as of yet (cept fucking broodlords force me to get vikes). Yeah I'm mainly playing team games now, some teams ranked in masters others in high diamond. I shit you not I played against LiquidRet, sixjaxMajor and some random guy in a 3v3 with my friends a week ago.

#83 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

lol my main is terran, i've began dabbling in terran mech...against every race, tbh it hasn't failed as of yet (cept fucking broodlords force me to get vikes). Yeah I'm mainly playing team games now, some teams ranked in masters others in high diamond. I shit you not I played against LiquidRet, sixjaxMajor and some random guy in a 3v3 with my friends a week ago.

That'd be intense. My teams, if we played legit, would be high diamond/masters. Instead, we fuck around. Our 4v4 team frequently plays gold/plats, but we're almost always doing some retarded strats. With four people there are so many different varieties of cheese, and we normally turn it into monobattles until shit hits the fan. Its fun and interesting.

#84 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

That'd be intense. My teams, if we played legit, would be high diamond/masters. Instead, we fuck around. Our 4v4 team frequently plays gold/plats, but we're almost always doing some retarded strats. With four people there are so many different varieties of cheese, and we normally turn it into monobattles until shit hits the fan. Its fun and interesting.

Lol fucking around is the reason I play team games. There was this one time I was playing 4s with my friends, we got put up against CrunCher, Catz, Minigun and TriMaster. I even have teams purposely placed in bronze to dick around, triple expand into rine/raven is rather interesting xD

#85 tutfisken

tutfisken
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

I'd say Counter-Strike 1.6, Tibia

#86 Shirwinator

Shirwinator
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

Definitely battlefield bad co 2

ive spent over 1500 hours on that game
I was a pretty big MLG player for this game

now i feel like i have no life....
*bursts into tears*

oh and i cant forget the halo series (love it)
CANT WAIT FOR HALO 4

Edited by ilxweetoks, 02 September 2011 - 08:52 PM.

#87 Monsoon

Monsoon
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

I used to play prototype and left4dead quite a bit when I was with my loser ex. I don't own an xbox so I can't play them anymore, unfortunetly ;_;

#88 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

Damn, half the posts have the same games in them >.>
Let's add one more
WoW
Neopets
Age of Mythology

#89 Chloee

Chloee
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

Definitely Pokemon xD
I remember the time when I actually completed my Pokedex..I trained all my Pokemon to level 100, got most of the items..I was pretty obsessed =(
It was a good time though ;)

#90 Kas

Kas
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

I can't believe I haven't seen the best series of all time my favorite games Mass Effect 1 and 2 here!! New Game+ anyone? I've got over 300 hours on em, I'm sure.
Also 200 hours or so on Oblivion... and I've never actually beat the game. I just find those gates so freaking annoying...
Thens days going through phases of Grand Theft Auto (Cars fly, jetpack, citizens have weapons, citizens want to BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF YOU WHEN YOU RESPOND WITH A BAZUKA!.. Good times, surprisingly) and, of course, the sims. Mostly all on xbox since my computer's a fail.
Oh!! And of course Dragon Age: Origins, not so much Awakening, and DA2. Damn you Alistar!

#91 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Actuall, I lied. It's probably the first persona. I've been trying to finish the first PS1 version for months on and off. (Roughly 60+ hours) Never finished that. Then, got bored, did the PSP remake. Spent an incredible amount of time. (60+), only to find out, I had made a grave error and had to start the whole game over. Then I finally finished it with about 40+ hours installed. And I still have to do the snow queen quest.

It's such a time consuming game. O_o

#92 Dunvegan

Dunvegan
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hmm. I'm sure this post will make me feel ashamed in the future, but I've spent too much time playing Knights of the Old Republic for the original X-Box. I've beaten it about seven times, with nearly forty hours into each game...so...280 hours, give or take.

After that, I've spent around 120 hours on Final Fantasy X (completed the sphere grid for all characters, yes!), far too much time playing Persona 3 and half of my life on Dragon Age: Origins. Damn that Alistair.

#93 Ameria

Ameria
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hmm...

Online Games count? If yes, of course:

- Ragnarok - [Around 7 years playing this game, lol. (With stops, but I always start play this game again)]

- Perfect World

Playstation I

- Dino Crisis I & II

Playstation II

- Final Fantasy XII

X-Box 360 (I don't have yet, but when I buy, of course I will spend some hours in this game):

- Bayonetta

#94 MistressMezvers

MistressMezvers
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

The Final Fantasy series. I personally loved VII, VIII, X and XIII
The Sims 2 - can't tell you how much stuff i have downloaded for that game.
Neopets
Pokemon
Diablo 2
Warcraft/Starcraft

I'm actually scared to play WoW again. I get so addicted, i wouldn't play anything else, or do anything else...

#95 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

Games I've spent the most time on (on a single game):

Pokemon Crystal (Gameboy Color)

One Piece Unlimited Adventure (Wii)
The World Ends With You (DS)

Game I've played quite possible +1000 times by now:

Area 51 (PS1)- I have the guns. Who needs an arcade?

Everything else I play until I'm done the story and that's about it. I hate restarting games and doing all the same things over again.

#96 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:16 AM

Civ4. Played vanilla tons, found awesome mods played tons more, started modding the mods and played even more
EU3. Same story as Civ4 except I didn't really mod anything
Dota/HoN/LoL. Played over 1.5k games of dota, close to 800 on HoN and a couple hundred on LoL, probably the most time I've spent gaming. Unfortunately things have gone downhill
Minecraft. When I first started I didn't really see the appeal of it but I'd keep opening it back up every couple days to build something cool and then I got hooked on playing around with redstone circuitry

#97 openu2

openu2
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

Runescape, for like 5 years

#98 Murmur

Murmur
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

Overall would have to be Final Fantasy 7 years ago. Clocked in about 300 + hours on it. Can't remember the exact time as I don't have it anymore :(

#99 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

- Ragnarok - [Around 7 years playing this game, lol. (With stops, but I always start play this game again)]

RO was oldschool, fuckin loved it. Not many good servers nowadays though :(

#100 Parrot

Parrot
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

Hmmm...

- Diablo II
- WoW
- Starcraft:BW and SCII
- CS:S
- TF2
- DotA Allstars