• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

Okay so my friend asked me to do a random video of me singing 10 embarrassing songs that guys generally shouldn't sing/acknowledge that they even know the existance.

Here are my basic criteria:

The song should be relatively well known in that most people would recognize it.
The song should be able to be sung. I.e. not Single Ladies or most of songs by Ke$ha.

Not all songs are as equally embarrassing as others, for example:

I feel I need to do a lady gaga song. I.m.o. the one a guy shouldn't example sing loudly in public would be Born this Way, or Love Game (disco stick, hah).

So I'm asking you guys for embarassing song suggestions or even artist suggestions. It doesn't have to neccessarily a "sell-out" artist. For e.g. Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love probably isn't a... normal song. Maybe Mariah Carey...

What I have so far:

Taylor Swift - You Belong with Me
Selena Gomez - Who Says
Lady Gaga - Born this Way
Britney Spears - I'm not a girl
Pussycat Dolla - I don't need a man.
Justin Bieber - Baby
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
Rihanna: Rude Boy
Miley Cyrus: Party in the USA
Aladdin: Whole New World
Beyonce: If I were a boy.

Potential Artists suggestions (please suggest the most embarassing song)

Katy Perry ?
Glee (and is there a way to make it obvious it's from glee?)
Mariah Carey?
Disney?
IS there a Ke$ha song out there that isn't just sing-talk?

If I get enough help then I'll post the eventual video on here :p It's just for fun but meh, might as well make it as awkward as possible

Regards

Boggybogbogbogbog.

#2 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

I'm sure ToxicS will be able to help you with that.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

#3 Legault

Legault
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

High school musical? x)

#4 mintos

mintos
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

That Barbie Girl song. Alson, anything by Hanson.

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

I'm sure ToxicS will be able to help you with that.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

xD

High school musical? x)

I was thinking of that. But do people actually know the songs from this movie? I mean this was like... 5-6 years ago? It wasn't exactly a classic :rolleyes:

That Barbie Girl song. Alson, anything by Hanson.

AQUA-barbie girl is a good candidate. I thought about it but I don't want this to be like, flamboyantly bad xD Also I don't know any songs by Hanson aside from that MMM-bop, which would be hard to do with only one voice :3

#6 Legault

Legault
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

Yeah, I know the main songs and I haven't even seen the movie :p
Just bits and parts -.-

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

Yeah, I know the main songs and I haven't even seen the movie :p
Just bits and parts -.-

Well my highschool performed that musical and I was in it (shadduuppp D:) so I know all the songs... not sure if anyone else does though :p

#8 Lovato

Lovato
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 308 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:28 PM

Let's see if I can help haha

Taylor Swift - definitely. YBWM is great, Enchanted is also good, Long Live, Speak Now (the song, not the album), Sparks Fly, etc...all those are good. Mean is especially teasing and embarrassing if someone says something bad to you, you can go like "WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO MEAAANNN?" haha

Justin Bieber? One Less Lonely Girl, Baby or One Time
Katy Perry ? Last Friday Night/I Kissed A Girl
Miley Cyrus (Party in the USA vs The Climb vs When I Look at You? Other?) Party In The USA - others aren't that embarassing
Rhianna? OH NANA WHAT'S MAH NAME
Glee (and is there a way to make it obvious it's from glee?) Yes, sing Don't Stop Believing.
Disney? Anything Demi Lovato pre-HWGA (Here We Go Again). e.g. La La Land/Or theme song to Sonny With A Chance called "So Far, So Great".
Pussycat Dolls? DONTCHA WISH YOUR BOYFRIEND WAS HOT LIKE ME xD
IS there a Ke$ha song out there that isn't just sing-talk? Well, not really, but the part in Blow where she goes "GO, GO, GO INSANE GO INSANE THROW SOME GLITTER MAKE IT RAIN" is classic.

Oh, and Nicki Minaj - Super Bass. I wanna see if you can rap that awesome song haha

Or Thug Story - funny as hell too.

Edited by Lovato, 09 August 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#9 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

You're missin' out on some Britney man. Hit me baby one more time needs to be on this list, along with you doing the dance for ultimate non-manliness.

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

Let's see if I can help haha

Taylor Swift - definitely. YBWM is great, Enchanted is also good, Long Live, Speak Now (the song, not the album), Sparks Fly, etc...all those are good. Mean is especially teasing and embarrassing if someone says something bad to you, you can go like "WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO MEAAANNN?" haha

Justin Bieber? One Less Lonely Girl, Baby or One Time
Katy Perry ? Last Friday Night/I Kissed A Girl
Miley Cyrus (Party in the USA vs The Climb vs When I Look at You? Other?) Party In The USA - others aren't that embarassing
Rhianna? OH NANA WHAT'S MAH NAME
Glee (and is there a way to make it obvious it's from glee?) Yes, sing Don't Stop Believing.
Disney? Anything Demi Lovato pre-HWGA (Here We Go Again). e.g. La La Land/Or theme song to Sonny With A Chance called "So Far, So Great".
Pussycat Dolls? DONTCHA WISH YOUR BOYFRIEND WAS HOT LIKE ME xD
IS there a Ke$ha song out there that isn't just sing-talk? Well, not really, but the part in Blow where she goes "GO, GO, GO INSANE GO INSANE THROW SOME GLITTER MAKE IT RAIN" is classic.

Oh, and Nicki Minaj - Super Bass. I wanna see if you can rap that awesome song haha

JB: Yeah I was thinking of doing Baby, but I really dislike that song. I might put it in if there're not other contendors.
KP: I don't think Last Friday Night is that embarrassing tbh. Sorta like California Gurls isn't exactly a manly song, but it was such a hit that most people don't really care. And I kissed a girl sorta loses all meaning when sung by a guy xD
MC: Yeah I thought that too. But maybe people really think the Climb is embarassing since it's from the Hannah Montana Movie? *Shrug*
Disney: I haven't even heard of those songs O.o All I know is Demi's new song Skyscraper :o I sorta meant disney movies like Cinderella or Lion King
PCD: Don't cha. Duh! Thanks haha
Ke$ha: I say that all the time and no one has any idea what I'm talking about. xD
NM: I don't think I have big enough boobs QQ. But I'll think about it because I do very much suck at rapping.

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Doooooooooo it.

#12 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

You're missin' out on some Britney man. Hit me baby one more time needs to be on this list, along with you doing the dance for ultimate non-manliness.

She's some from our childhood though that it's like Backstreet Boys :o Maybe If You Seek Amy haha. And there will be 0 dancing. 0 0 0 0 0 0 D:

#13 Faerhii

Faerhii
  • 182 posts

Users Awards

Ho-kay. I got you here. :D

1: 7 Things, Miley Cyrus.. Come on. No WOMAN should be singing that out loud, much less a guy.

2: Barbie Girl. You know you love it.

3: Before He Cheats, Carrie Underwood. I know it's country, but if you're going for awkward you could totally go all American Idol on it and belt it out. XD

4: Some Day My Prince Will Come, Disney's Snow White. Just 'cause..

And.. that's all I got for now.. but I'll think of more. xD

You should totally do Love Game.. that'd be amazing.

#14 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ

Doooooooooo it.

Oh Lord, I should have specified no J/K Pop rofl. If I did that... *ends self*

Ho-kay. I got you here. :D

1: 7 Things, Miley Cyrus.. Come on. No WOMAN should be singing that out loud, much less a guy.

2: Barbie Girl. You know you love it.

3: Before He Cheats, Carrie Underwood. I know it's country, but if you're going for awkward you could totally go all American Idol on it and belt it out. XD

4: Some Day My Prince Will Come, Disney's Snow White. Just 'cause..

And.. that's all I got for now.. but I'll think of more. xD

You should totally do Love Game.. that'd be amazing.

hahaha 7 things. I forgot about that song. Contendor for sure.

I actually like Before He Cheats :3 That' sbecause I love Carrie Underwood... there's no shame in that right? :3 I also don't know that Snow White song. Man I clearly don't know Disney :(

#15 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

Oh Lord, I should have specified no J/K Pop rofl. If I did that... *ends self*

Well, I'm out of ideas.

#16 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

Well, I'm out of ideas.

Thanks anyway :p If I could do that song (and duplicate 16 of myself) I would.

Apparently Waka Waka isn't embarrassing? News to me :p

Waka waka- eh eh!

#17 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

Thanks anyway :p If I could do that song (and duplicate 16 of myself) I would.

The power of audio software!

#18 Faerhii

Faerhii
  • 182 posts

Users Awards

hahaha 7 things. I forgot about that song. Contendor for sure.

I actually like Before He Cheats :3 That' sbecause I love Carrie Underwood... there's no shame in that right? :3 I also don't know that Snow White song. Man I clearly don't know Disney :(

Carrie kicks ass. That's not in dispute here. ;D (ilcountry) BUT the whole vengeful female thing is hot..

Hmm.. Firework by Katy Perry? Or I Kissed A Girl?

And you totally have to get some Pink in there! xD

Or JoJo?
http://www.youtube.com/embed/ggWyUEuGcWY

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/0niwn2pOEno

Edit: Fixed videos. ;D

Edited by Faerhii, 09 August 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#19 Lovato

Lovato

• 308 posts

Users Awards

JB: Yeah I was thinking of doing Baby, but I really dislike that song. I might put it in if there're not other contendors.
KP: I don't think Last Friday Night is that embarrassing tbh. Sorta like California Gurls isn't exactly a manly song, but it was such a hit that most people don't really care. And I kissed a girl sorta loses all meaning when sung by a guy xD
MC: Yeah I thought that too. But maybe people really think the Climb is embarassing since it's from the Hannah Montana Movie? *Shrug*
Disney: I haven't even heard of those songs O.o All I know is Demi's new song Skyscraper :o I sorta meant disney movies like Cinderella or Lion King
PCD: Don't cha. Duh! Thanks haha
Ke$ha: I say that all the time and no one has any idea what I'm talking about. xD
NM: I don't think I have big enough boobs QQ. But I'll think about it because I do very much suck at rapping.

Replies:

JB: Well, JB should be put in...if not Baby, something else. haha
KP: Hmm...true dat. How about Waking Up In Vegas? Moderate hit, high girly notes. Or Teenage Dream?
MC: Well, The Climb is an excellent song, regardless of where it was. The lyrics are some of the best MC has done, and compared to Party In The USA, it's much better. Same goes for WILAYou.
Disney...hmm maybe Under The Sea? lol
And as for Demi's new song, well, Skyscraper is new, that's prob. why you know it. I'm a huge fan, so I know all her old stuff. :p
As for Selena, well, Who Says is great but Naturally is also embarassing: EVERYTHING COMES NATURALLY, IT COMES NATURALLY, WHEN YOU'RE WITH ME BABY haha
Ke$ha: well, I only know that because one of my friends always sings that on Skype to piss me off and it kinda grew on me xD
NM: try it out. :p

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

Hurray! Although yeah her only song that is really well known to the top 40'ers is Before He Cheats. I'll definitely take note of it. And I think Firework is only embarrassing because Katy Perry sounds like crap singing it (especially live). Otherwise it's not that bad. Ahahahaha Jojo. Forgot about her :p

As for P!nk "my song" when i was younger was So What by her (as in I sang it to be annoying. It worked very well).

I'm still a rock star, I've got my rock moves.

#21 Lovato

Lovato

• 308 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

Carrie kicks ass. That's not in dispute here. ;D (ilcountry) BUT the whole vengeful female thing is hot..

Carrie is awesome and she's great at doing the pissed off country girl type (love me some country). If you really want pissed off, though, Miranda Lambert is your girl. Smoking hot, but she'll shoot your ass if you come near 5 ft of her.

#22 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Replies:

JB: Well, JB should be put in...if not Baby, something else. haha
KP: Hmm...true dat. How about Waking Up In Vegas? Moderate hit, high girly notes. Or Teenage Dream?
MC: Well, The Climb is an excellent song, regardless of where it was. The lyrics are some of the best MC has done, and compared to Party In The USA, it's much better. Same goes for WILAYou.
Disney...hmm maybe Under The Sea? lol
And as for Demi's new song, well, Skyscraper is new, that's prob. why you know it. I'm a huge fan, so I know all her old stuff. :p
As for Selena, well, Who Says is great but Naturally is also embarassing: EVERYTHING COMES NATURALLY, IT COMES NATURALLY, WHEN YOU'RE WITH ME BABY haha
Ke$ha: well, I only know that because one of my friends always sings that on Skype to piss me off and it kinda grew on me xD
NM: try it out. :p

I'll think of something for JB
KP: I think Thinking Of You would be the best (When I'm with him I am, thinking of You) but noooo, no one knows the song :( Mabye teenage dream due to skin-tight jeans... but a lot of guy groups have covered it ever since it was on glee <_<
Under the sea is amazing and not embarrassing at all! :3 But I like Who Says because of the line "I'm not beauty queen, I'm just beautiful Me. NANANANANANANANA" :p

Carrie is awesome and she's great at doing the pissed off country girl type (love me some country). If you really want pissed off, though, Miranda Lambert is your girl. Smoking hot, but she'll shoot your ass if you come near 5 ft of her.

I'm not really into country as much as i simply am into Carrie Underwood... I love her :3

#23 Faerhii

Faerhii
  • 182 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Forget it.. I'm failing at video's somehow. I give up. xD

BUT. Raise Your Glass by Pink would be funny.

#24 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Bills, Bills, Bills
When I Get You Alone
Do You Think I'm Sexy

All these would be kind of funny but they don't scream Glee.
I don't think any Glee songs really would except My Cup haha

Or you could do their version of Friday.

Spoiler

Should do a Britney Spears song as well...

#25 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

Okay suggestions for a Britney song?

I think Friday has been so done to death (covers, mocking, parodies, etc.) that it might not embarrassing so much as me being a bandwagon hopper :/

omg my cup lmao.

Bills, bills bills might work. you good for nothing type of brotha'! Sadly it has like... 3-4 parts not including the "instrumental" acapella so that'd be hard for me to do alone :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users