Photo

Abrosia Explained

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#26 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Not positive, but if you're advanced and make your own lists I think you need to do profit: decending or else it'll buy the low profit items first.

That's true because Abrosia will go after the items at the top of your list(s) before the others, but most Advanced members don't really use lists cx ~

#27 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Okay i admit I am a noob, but I've used the Ambrosia autobuyer before. However yesterday when I wanted to use it again after quite some time I kept getting 'Login error' when i'm supposed to log in on neopets.
Anyone an idea of what I did wrong? :S

#28 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

Okay i admit I am a noob, but I've used the Ambrosia autobuyer before. However yesterday when I wanted to use it again after quite some time I kept getting 'Login error' when i'm supposed to log in on neopets.
Anyone an idea of what I did wrong? :S

I have no problems logging in to neopets. Try re-installing program manager? :)

#29 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

I have no problems logging in to neopets. Try re-installing program manager? :)

>.< No I still get the same message.

#30 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

>.< No I still get the same message.

See if you can log in to other accounts to make sure it's not your account problem (e.g. wrong birthday).

If it still fails, you would probably have to report it at the Bug Tracker. http://www.neocodex.us/forum/tracker/

#31 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

See if you can log in to other accounts to make sure it's not your account problem (e.g. wrong birthday).

If it still fails, you would probably have to report it at the Bug Tracker. http://www.neocodex.us/forum/tracker/

I figured out what went wrong. I can't log in on petpages.neopets with Abrosia and my computer blocked the regular neopets.com :/ Damn

#32 Bandicoot

Bandicoot
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thank you very much for this, you have explained a lot to me! after being scared to use it incase i lose my main, im now up on it and have already bought 3/4 things in the last hour :) thanks! :D

#33 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

I recently bought 3 months advanced membership. Call me stupid but last time I had advanced I set everything at around 0.1 to try and get high profit items. I had no knowledge about ABing.

I just want to know what is over doing it. Yesterday I bought 30-40 items.

Would the amount of items I bought be considered suspicious to the neopets team? If no, how much is over doing it?

Also, buy time is like 1.4 - 1.8 seconds. Is that okay?

#34 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

I recently bought 3 months advanced membership. Call me stupid but last time I had advanced I set everything at around 0.1 to try and get high profit items. I had no knowledge about ABing.

I just want to know what is over doing it. Yesterday I bought 30-40 items.

Would the amount of items I bought be considered suspicious to the neopets team? If no, how much is over doing it?

Also, buy time is like 1.4 - 1.8 seconds. Is that okay?

It'd depend on how long you're ABing for and what your profit margin is
If your profit margin is low-ish then it's okay if you buy a lot of items, but if you're profit margin is set to like, 100k (hypothetically), then it'd be suspicious if you bought like 30-40 100k+ items in a day cx

&

...work your buy times to be between 1500 and 1800ms, which is usually close to how fast humans can buy.

(FAQ)
So your settings seem safe/fine-ish to me (and according to the FAQ)

Edited by Rainie, 15 February 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#35 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

It'd depend on how long you're ABing for and what your profit margin is
If your profit margin is low-ish then it's okay if you buy a lot of items, but if you're profit margin is set to like, 100k (hypothetically), then it'd be suspicious if you bought like 30-40 100k+ items in a day cx

&

(FAQ)
So your settings seem safe/fine-ish to me (and according to the FAQ)

My profit margin is like 3000. I AB for about 3-5 hours maybe not quite sure but take long breaks. So I'd AB for 2 hours take a break for a couple of hours and carry on. That sort of thing.

#36 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

My profit margin is like 3000. I AB for about 3-5 hours maybe not quite sure but take long breaks. So I'd AB for 2 hours take a break for a couple of hours and carry on. That sort of thing.

That seems fine and perfectly reasonable/human-like, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you ^__^

#37 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

Awesome Rainie. Thanks a bunch! :)

#38 HannahElizabeth

HannahElizabeth
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'm totally new to Abrosia (I used it for the first time today, and got RS banned within about half an hour :/ ) However, I also noticed that even after I shut the AB down, I kept getting logged out of Neopets site (on every third click). Is that normal? I had to uninstall the programme to start using Neopets properly again.

#39 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

I'm totally new to Abrosia (I used it for the first time today, and got RS banned within about half an hour :/ ) However, I also noticed that even after I shut the AB down, I kept getting logged out of Neopets site (on every third click). Is that normal? I had to uninstall the programme to start using Neopets properly again.

Did you shut down the whole program manager, or just Abrosia? You have to close the manager itself in order to not have log-out issues.

#40 HannahElizabeth

HannahElizabeth
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

Did you shut down the whole program manager, or just Abrosia? You have to close the manager itself in order to not have log-out issues.

That must have been what I was doing wrong; thank you for your help. :)

#41 happisquare

happisquare
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Thank you this actually helped me to finally use it xD

#42 premier1st

premier1st
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

thx, very nice!

#43 matzexy

matzexy
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Helped me to know, that i should be Advanced member ;)

#44 DomDom

DomDom
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Urgh I apologize for replying in an old topic, but thank you so much

This is EXTREMELY helpful. Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

#45 Temso

Temso
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Thank you for putting all that work in this post, it helped me a lot!

#46 harry0488

harry0488
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Noob question:

Can i use ambrosia (or anything else in program manager) and have neopets open in browser at the same time???

#47 legendaryhi5

legendaryhi5
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

No.
As far as I know, Ambrosia is like another browser, and you can't log on to two browsers at the same time.

#48 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

There is no "m" in Abrosia ^_^

#49 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Posted Image

I'm afraid of changing the wrong setting and getting frozen—is OCR Page Delay what people mean when they mention "Buy Times"? I think I really need to adjust my buy times, because I did a Speed Test, and uh...

Posted Image

Yeah.

#50 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm afraid of changing the wrong setting and getting frozen—is OCR Page Delay what people mean when they mention "Buy Times"? I think I really need to adjust my buy times, because I did a Speed Test, and uh...

Yeah.

There's no point testing your ping time against London. Neopets servers are not located in London.
OCR Page Delay is a part of your buy time.

Buy time = Pre-haggle + OCR Delay + general connection and page load time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users