Photo

Abrosia Explained

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#51 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

I don't know, I saw other people using their Speed Test to determine their Buy Times, and I already knew that my connection is really slow, so I posted that as well. Basically, I'm wondering if I should lower my times since my connection is so slow? I'm not doing very well with Abrosia so far.

#52 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I don't know, I saw other people using their Speed Test to determine their Buy Times, and I already knew that my connection is really slow, so I posted that as well. Basically, I'm wondering if I should lower my times since my connection is so slow? I'm not doing very well with Abrosia so far.

You're should be able to change the general wait delay (you won't be able to change the 10, but should be able to change the 8 to something smaller, like a 5). As a non-advanced member that's really the only thing you can do with buy times. (Advanced members have the ability to change all the times. Like OCR and pre-haggle times)

Also, if your profit minium is too high, you won't buy too much. I keep mine around 2-3k.

Edited by Satsuki, 30 November 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#53 Unseelie

Unseelie
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

You're should be able to change the general wait delay (you won't be able to change the 10, but should be able to change the 8 to something smaller, like a 5). As a non-advanced member that's really the only thing you can do with buy times. (Advanced members have the ability to change all the times. Like OCR and pre-haggle times)

Also, if your profit minium is too high, you won't buy too much. I keep mine around 2-3k.

Thank you so much! This really helps. :wub:

I've had it at the default profit minimum of 5k, but I'm fine with making 2k on an item. NP is NP, haha. I actually just had a bit of a lucky buy, made around 200k!

#54 Elegant

Elegant
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Thank you, the autobuyer is great and highly recommend it to everyone. I went from a 12k bank to a 700k+ in a short period of time.

#55 xLurian

xLurian
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

When ever I try to download it, an error always come up telling me to check the pre_loader.exe.log

what do i do about this?

#56 mw2ghostx

mw2ghostx
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

thanks! Hope I won't be frozen by TNT:)

#57 StewieGriffin

StewieGriffin
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Sorry for posting in an old thread but this is just too excellent to not express my appreciation. Thank you so much for the guide~ :)

#58 cocodrile333

cocodrile333
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

is it ok to set page delay between 0.8-1.2 and haggle delay to 0.4-0.6 or too risky?

#59 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

is it ok to set page delay between 0.8-1.2 and haggle delay to 0.4-0.6 or too risky?

It depends on your ping / actual buy times.

Q: What are safe settings for Abrosia?
A: This is one of the biggest mistakes that noobs tend to make when using Abrosia for the first time. Never use anyone else's times. Everyone has different internet speeds and different distances to the Neopets servers. For instance, someone on the east coast with a 0.4 second haggle delay might buy things from shops in 1000ms, while someone on the west coast will buy it in 1800ms. Using someone else's times will NOT result in the same buy speeds, and may result in you being frozen. The best way to know what settings are safe for you is to start by simply using the default settings. They were tested for months to ensure that they balance profit and security. If you want to adjust them, try buying items in the Tiki Tack and work slowly to adjust your buy times to be between 1500 and 1800ms, which is usually close to how fast humans can buy. The slower your buy time, the less chance you have of being frozen.

source: http://www.neocodex....sked-questions/

#60 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Nice guide thanks!

#61 rebsca

rebsca
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

The "Humanize" section have a "Check and respond to neomails" checkbox... What's ment by "respond"? o.o

#62 Lily

Lily
  • 279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Thank you so much for this tutorial!  :) Incredibly helpful.

#63 Cornball

Cornball
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

Yeah, how exactly does the program respond to NMs, like what does it say? "I'm not a bot!"

#64 Zergio

Zergio
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hi...

Why this happen?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/cdx/svn/checkout/core/trunk/Program Manager/ProgramManager.py", line 1192, in run_with_except_hook
  File "Programs/1001/Abrosia.py.nc", line 760, in run
  File "Programs/1001/Abrosia.py.nc", line 1272, in processNextTaskItem
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'html1' referenced before assignment

#65 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

Hi...

Why this happen?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/cdx/svn/checkout/core/trunk/Program Manager/ProgramManager.py", line 1192, in run_with_except_hook
  File "Programs/1001/Abrosia.py.nc", line 760, in run
  File "Programs/1001/Abrosia.py.nc", line 1272, in processNextTaskItem
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'html1' referenced before assignment

here

#66 lionrain

lionrain
  • 252 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:17 PM

The screen shots were very helpful.

Edited by rubyslipperedgoddess, 28 September 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#67 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:58 PM

The "Humanize" section have a "Check and respond to neomails" checkbox... What's ment by "respond"? o.o

I'm not sure if you're asking what the word "respond" in itself means, or if you're asking much the same question as Cornball (see below). To respond means to reply/answer someone's neomail, to send a neomail back etc.

Yeah, how exactly does the program respond to NMs, like what does it say? "I'm not a bot!"

I think the option doesn't actually work: http://www.neocodex....k-for-neomails/

If I'm wrong, I'd like to know how too!

Edited by MillionsOfPeaches, 28 September 2014 - 11:59 PM.

#68 supergirl1987

supergirl1987
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

Thanks for this! Makes so much more sense :D

#69 vay

vay
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

Hope this works for me...I use SS but scared because it has a higher freeze rate

#70 chocky

chocky
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

Abrosia keeps missing items due to "unknown error". Does anyone know what's going on? And also, how do you use the * wildcard when making your shopping list?

#71 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Abrosia keeps missing items due to "unknown error". Does anyone know what's going on? And also, how do you use the * wildcard when making your shopping list?

How often does this happen? This happens to me occassionaly

#72 chocky

chocky
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

How often does this happen? This happens to me occassionaly

I notice this happens on my older account than my newer account. I've also noticed that I get much better items (more profitable and easier to sale) on the newer account than older account. Anyone know why??

#73 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

I've been getting the unknown errors as well. As for getting better items, if your two accounts are in different shops, that would account for the difference in profit and how easy they are to sell.

This is just a theory but: If they're in the same shop, newer accounts can only see certain item rarities until 3 months, so this would cut down on the items they're able to see and buy. An older account sees more items, and Abrosia will go for the highest profit, which may lead to Abrosia missing other profitable items. That second, newer, account won't see the same items the older does, and thus Abrosia may not go after the same items. So the newer account would be possibly able to buy the items the older account is missing, making it seem like the newer account is getting items that are more profitable because as the newer account buys the items, those items are no longer able to be bought for the older account, so the older account has to settle for buying less profitable things. 

These less profitable items may be harder to sell. 

#74 magui28

magui28
  • 13 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

Hey! I'm trying to use Abrosia for the first time. I live very far away from USA. Is there any chance I can buy something worthy considering the fact that I'm too far away from Neopets database?

(Sorry for my bad english, ha)

Thank you very much for this tutorial!

Ambosia! Hahaha I feel really stupid. Sorry for that one. Already edited the post :) Thanks!

Edited by magui28, 01 April 2015 - 09:34 PM.

#75 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

Ambosia thats a new one xD

I live in Australia and get regular buys even with some of the slowest times. Give it a go, you never know when you'll get lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users