• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

Description:
In general the site http://neoavatargrab.webs.com/ is useful, but I have some issues with it, so I decided to create this simple .bat file and release it to the public in case anyone finds it useful. In case you don't know this site is an avatar grabber that visits links to get all the clickable avatars. It pretty much has the same features as the website based avatar grabber, except this one has a few minor additions that I thought made a nice and complete grabber.

Changes:

1. It has a TUI, which allows you to choose when you actually start the script, so that it dosen't start as soon as you visit the page.
2. It has a log that shows how many links have been visited out of the total amount.
3. It stops and prompts you through cmd when it finishes.
4. Delays 2.5 seconds in between every link.
5. It allows you to choose if you wish to do more things than grab avatars. (IE, find battledome challengers, do dailies)
6. It has more dailies and less non functional dailies links. Below is a list of dailies that are done by the program.
Spoiler

How To Use:
Simply download and run the .bat file attached to this post, while logged into neopets. This only works for windows. If it is working correctly, you should see something like the below. (I made it green, live with it.) Then just type whatever option you want into cmd to start visiting links. *Note: results may differ on different windows operating systems, this was written and tested on windows Vista.
Posted Image

Written by Neoquest for the users of Neocodex.us

Attached Files

Edited by Neoquest, 19 August 2011 - 10:47 AM.

#2 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

Seems like a decent alternative. Does it only do the clickable avvies or does it also do some dailies like the other site does?

#3 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

Seems like a decent alternative. Does it only do the clickable avvies or does it also do some dailies like the other site does?

I don't really know what one click dailies that site does, plus it was mainly designed to just get clickable avatars. I could add 1 click battledome challengers in the next update though.

#4 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

I was just curious b/c i used neoavatargrab on a shell and it got about 60 avvies (all clickies) did a few avvie related dailies (I know it does omelette and jelly b/c i've seen those items show up, i'm also guessing others like mystic?) and also refreshed to get BD challengers. It does a lot for one site, the only annoying thing is that it does it right on loading. I like that your program asks you when to start. I can see this building into something really nice.

#5 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

I was just curious b/c i used neoavatargrab on a shell and it got about 60 avvies (all clickies) did a few avvie related dailies (I know it does omelette and jelly b/c i've seen those items show up, i'm also guessing others like mystic?) and also refreshed to get BD challengers. It does a lot for one site, the only annoying thing is that it does it right on loading. I like that your program asks you when to start. I can see this building into something really nice.

I'm working on turning it into a program that allows you to suggest multiple options so that setting up a new main/shell is pretty much automated.

#6 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

I'm working on turning it into a program that allows you to suggest multiple options so that setting up a new main/shell is pretty much automated.

Oh my, that'd be one hell of a program. Whats the ETA on that?

#7 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

Oh my, that'd be one hell of a program. Whats the ETA on that?

It depends on how many features you would want in the finished program. Also released a v0.2.

#8 Vyers

Vyers
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

bringing this back to the top since this is fantastic. :3

#9 Thepeopleschampion

Thepeopleschampion
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:27 AM

wait...shouldnt this be in the programs section?

#10 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:32 AM

wait...shouldnt this be in the programs section?

No.

#11 Thepeopleschampion

Thepeopleschampion
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:34 AM

No.

oh really...lol sorry kinda new to this stuff i just thought if its a program it should be in that section lol

#12 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

This is great! People need to know about this:

Bump. :D

#13 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

This is great! People need to know about this:

Bump. :D

Thanks for the compliment, I wrote this a looonnng time ago and I have a much nicer one written in Python now. Perhaps I'll clean it up and release it :)

#14 pkdust

pkdust
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

WOW cheers man on a great upload

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

just wanted to bump this for awareness :) Tis a great program to use and very easy with the simple interface. The python one would be awesome to try out. I used it on a few accounts earlier and it got me up to 90 odd avatars straight up. Im sure with a few runs on each account it will attain more. +repped

#16 Xexist

Xexist
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

just wanted to bump this for awareness :) Tis a great program to use and very easy with the simple interface. The python one would be awesome to try out. I used it on a few accounts earlier and it got me up to 90 odd avatars straight up. Im sure with a few runs on each account it will attain more. +repped

Worked great, thanks!

#17 kleur

kleur
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

where can I Find the shell starter?? I think that means it will create accounts ( shells ) for me?

#18 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

where can I Find the shell starter?? I think that means it will create accounts ( shells ) for me?

And no, it wont create the accounts, it just adds avatars, BD challengers, does dailies for you. You will have to manually create the account yourself.
http://www.neocodex....__fromsearch__1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users