Photo

Moderation Consistency

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

1. More than half of the people who come to the forums do not read the rules. (Trust me, I would know.)
2. More than half of the people who go to the trading post do not read the giant bold font at the top of each trading page.
3. OH NOEZ. WRONG SECTION HERP DERP DERP DEPR DERP. The reason they don't get moved is probably because no one cares enough to report it, not that it is wrong to not report it.
4. "SEEMS common sense" Have you seen the amount of common sense people have? Read below's online ruler.
5. If MissTrollnisha was warned before (without an actual warn) and still does not change her signature, I think she does deserve what she got.

Thank you! I felt they over reacted 100%. I do not have an online ruler, so therefore I don't know how 'big' my signature are suppose to be.

I feel one moderator has given out a bunch of unnecessary warnings, just to look like he is doing his job as the moderator <_<

The fuck is this shit?
Are you serious?
Do you really think that people use online rulers? Are there even online rulers?
Here, I made this for noobs.
Posted Image

Can we just say it straight up? No one even cares about signature sizes, but people, not only mods, were just looking for reasons to knock internet down a few pegs. Sure if we made enough of a ruckus we could have demanded Toxic shrink his sig.

Does anyone actually care? no.

Unless that person has a personal grudge against toxic.

I think its because most people already are nice enough to not make their signature too big.
Imagine if I had my signature without the spoiler.

Edited by Rapist, 30 August 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#27 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

I think its because most people already are nice enough to not make their signature too big.
Imagine if I had my signature without the spoiler.

I've had to warn you about your signature before :p

I actually feel very strongly on the signature policy. When I read a thread, and someones post is 3x the size of all of the posts in the thread, its beyond annoying.

#28 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

I've had to warn you about your signature before :p

I actually feel very strongly on the signature policy. When I read a thread, and someones post is 3x the size of all of the posts in the thread, its beyond annoying.

No fair I was asking if it was too big or not D:

#29 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

No fair I was asking if it was too big or not D:

I actually like your sig... makes me laugh every time I remember to slick the spoiler button..

#30 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:02 AM

The sig shit started not because of Internet/toxic, but because of Jake(I think it was him, not sure...)

You helped a little bit :)

The reason they don't get moved is probably because no one cares enough to report it, not that it is wrong to not report it.

This sounds realistic. I have never reported too many things myself, mainly because I have avoided looking for things blatantly breaking the rules. I can imagine it works this way for others.

#31 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:28 AM

In the past I reported quite a number of threads... None of those reports were acted on. I'm fairly sure others have probably done the same thing.... After reporting a number of posts with no response, you kinda get tired of bothering.

All reports are read so whatever you reported was either it was dealt with behind the scenes or the staff member dealing with it felt that there was a good enough reason to not do whatever you reported. I can't comment on any individual reports you've made because I have no idea what/when you've reported anything and I don't fancy going through them all by hand to check. :p

#32 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

They have more jobs than just moving topics around.

Like what exactly?

Like, they have to delete a post with an embeded video of "Hot Patootey Bless My Soul" from the Rocky Horror Picture show in a thread where there was the implication that Calum looks like Meatloaf. I was given no reason. Just poof. Gone. If I had gotten a PM saying that it was taken down because cross dressing is frowned upon here at codex, or because Calum requested it's removal after a night of crying himself to sleep, then at least I'd have some idea of what not to do. You boys just erase things willy nilly. It's fucking annoying.
Whenever I post anything, I always wonder if it will still be there when I come back. Honestly. Why do I even bother at all if no one is going to get to see my entertaining response? Just because you have the power to erase whatever you want, doesn't mean you should.

#33 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

, or because Calum requested it's removal after a night of crying himself to sleep,

i talked to him and he actually found it funny.

Whenever I post anything, I always wonder if it will still be there when I come back. Honestly. Why do I even bother at all if no one is going to get to see my entertaining response?

i feel the same. i spend a lot of time finding the right gif for the right situation and it breaks my heart to find it invisied, especially when it's not offensive at all.

#34 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

i feel the same. i spend a lot of time finding the right gif for the right situation and it breaks my heart to find it invisied, especially when it's not offensive at all.

If it makes you feel any better, those of us who see your gifs usually chuckle.
Just sometimes its just wrong place, wrong time.

#35 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

I agree, one thing I do love when SL invisies/closes a thread, he always posts why.

Then he usually tells everyone to stop being fucking stupid and arguing about llamas or w/e.

#36 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

I agree, one thing I do love when SL invisies/closes a thread, he always posts why.

Then he usually tells everyone to stop being fucking stupid and arguing about llamas or w/e.

What can I say, I'm not an idiot when it comes to social skills and being diplomatic with members.

#37 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

What can I say, I'm not an idiot when it comes to social skills and being diplomatic with members.

And we love you for it :heart:

#38 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

Like, they have to delete a post with an embeded video of "Hot Patootey Bless My Soul" from the Rocky Horror Picture show in a thread where there was the implication that Calum looks like Meatloaf. I was given no reason. Just poof. Gone. If I had gotten a PM saying that it was taken down because cross dressing is frowned upon here at codex, or because Calum requested it's removal after a night of crying himself to sleep, then at least I'd have some idea of what not to do. You boys just erase things willy nilly. It's fucking annoying.
Whenever I post anything, I always wonder if it will still be there when I come back. Honestly. Why do I even bother at all if no one is going to get to see my entertaining response? Just because you have the power to erase whatever you want, doesn't mean you should.

The same applies for you. Just because you have the power to post whatever you want, wherever you want. Does not mean that you should. That video does not belong in an announcement topic, its called keeping things professional. We look like a really stupid site when a thread announcing something has completely random threads posted all over it. Instead of wondering if your post will be there or not, check and see if actually belongs there.

#39 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

it was not completely random. it was an inside joke of the TINYCHATGANG which calum understood and liked.

#40 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

it was not completely random. it was an inside joke of the TINYCHATGANG which calum understood and liked.

So tell him this on tinychat? It still did not belong in that topic...

#41 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Well that's not entirely fair. that's like saying [Topic related to facebook] and not allowing to joke about it here. Especially if it was directly related to Calum and Calum understood it too.

Although I'm not entirely sure of this meatloaf joke, so Iunno. *shrug*

#42 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

Well that's not entirely fair. that's like saying [Topic related to facebook] and not allowing to joke about it here. Especially if it was directly related to Calum and Calum understood it too.

Although I'm not entirely sure of this meatloaf joke, so Iunno. *shrug*

Its more about, "This is an official Neocodex announcement". We allow plenty of going off course in normal topics (Unless it gets to far out of hand. Pancakes :p) but when it comes to announcements, going off topic is not a place that you want going off topic. It should be entirely about the announcement and nothing else.

#43 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:13 AM

it was not an announcement, it was his "congrats you are junior mod"-thread. that's like a b-day thread and people who know something about you and wanna make you laugh should be allowed to do so.

#44 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

it was not an announcement, it was his "congrats you are junior mod"-thread. that's like a b-day thread and people who know something about you and wanna make you laugh should be allowed to do so.

"Program Announcements and Notices"

Hmmm

#45 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

title of thread: Welcome Calum

I would like to announce the newest addition to our programming team, CaluM! :D He will be joining us as a Junior Programmer.

Congratulations!

hmmmm....

#46 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

Just drop it please. No rules were broken. It being "off-topic" and unprofessional is a stretch.

title of thread: Welcome Calum

hmmmm....

You too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users