Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

*cough*possibly Maha*cough*

lol (waxD) you are so paranoid!

#27 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

You go for checkups yet you do not ask your physician?!

One google search:
http://www.babycente...egnancy_2490.bc
"Smoking marijuana during pregnancy may affect your baby's growth and the development of his nervous system."
"If you smoked pot before you realized you were pregnant, don't panic. The chance that your baby has been affected is very small. Still, it's important to be honest with your practitioner about your previous use of pot and other recreational drugs. She may want to run some extra tests to be sure your baby is developing normally."

I'm pretty sure that you ignored all the sites telling you that it was bad, and instead just went to find sites telling you that smoking pot was ok.
I have a feeling you aren't doing this for the baby but rather just to comfort yourself.

There are parents out there who would give their lives up just to save their child, and yet you aren't willing to give up pot.

Edited by Rapist, 31 August 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#28 semore

semore
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

I don't care how much you smoke before or after, but if I get you pregnant, you are not going to smoke that shit during that period. Maybe once or twice I'll let her if she seems extremely fucking stressed out or something but that's it. Definitely not more than twice.

... & I realize you may not even be hurting the kid. But just because it hasn't been 'scientifically proven' that it does not cause damage, doesn't mean it doesn't. & due to that slight chance that it can cause damage, it shouldn't happen. Period.

1. If you can't go 9months without smoking(for any reason, none the less pregnancy) then you're addicted. I don't want my wife/kids mom to be addicted to anything. It's fine to smoke the shit, but if you can't stop, there's a problem.
2. If the woman I get pregnant can't be clean during that time span I'd be pissed at myself for getting this dumb bitch pregnant. I'd get an abortion.

#29 raK

raK
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

Surely you must not live in North America. 96 lbs. You need some lard in you.

#30 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 803 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

Being pregnant and not giving a shit?
Sounds American to me.
inb4hatePMs&postdeletion

#31 raK

raK
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

Being pregnant and not giving a shit?
Sounds American to me.
inb4hatePMs&postdeletion

It's a big country. It needs more unfortunate people to be born into, hmm?

#32 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

You are not ready to become a mother.
If you can't even stop smoking for like a year then why the fuck did you decide to have a baby?
You knew it meant responsibilities, but you weren't able to give it your all.
It seems like you really want the child. You think you are prepared for it. You THINK that pot and cigs don't affect babies, BECAUSE you're searching up this "Will pot affect my baby?" etc rather than "Side effects of pot during pregnancy" or stories of ACTUAL parents that did the SAME MISTAKE YOU DID.
Consider all viewpoints of the issue. You want to think that it won't do anything because you are addicted to pot and your boyfriend seems like he doesn't give a shit. A true husband that would want a healthy baby would not encourage you to smoke pot. A good husband would say," Baby, I think we should stop smoking. For the baby. I hope you understand" It's starting to become apparent that your boyfriend would leave you if the baby was defective. It's pretty clear to me that you are not ready for this baby. You are being fooled by yourself. An internal battle.
Of course, your baby could come completely fine. But that baby would have problems when he/she is 30,40,50,60,70 and so on.
You care more about this stupid little addiction than your baby.
Choose:
A healthy baby that would live a successful life.
or
Your boyfriend leaving you, defect baby, or baby with problems.
View it the optimistic way, sure. But this is the sad cold truth. Make a decision. The answer is pretty obvious to me, but to you. It would be a struggle to decide. Good luck with the baby and I hope you make wise choices.

#33 raK

raK
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

Its sad that there are so many immature parents out there.

#34 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

I'm certain there are medications that you can be prescribed to help your appetite. You're just trying to make excuses for your addiction. What happens if you get caught using illegal substances? Your child will be born and thrown into social services. I get it. Smoking pot feels great. But you have to give up a lot of shit you enjoy in your life when you have a baby. You are no longer the number one priority. Unless, of course, you're a selfish piece of shit.

#35 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

Wow... I've been so busy I haven't been able to stop by codex in a while and I come back to this? Let's ease up on all the name calling guys. =/

I'm going to (attempt) to keep this brief as I have waaayyy too busy in my life right now to post too much. :p

I get where you are coming from entirely and provided that the information you have provided about your circumstance is accurate, then you definitely have an interesting situation. (Because you don't know me, I'll just give you a preface that I have a LOT of experience in the area of "drugs"... both real world and academically.)

I do believe that cannabis can be a wonderful medicine when used correctly and for a proper cause. The problem lies with the child within you. The children of mothers who consume cannabis during pregnancy have most notably major issues with concentration and with short term memory. Sure there are other complications involved, but most importantly are these two. By continuing to smoke marijuana you are going to be limiting the potential success of your child. Having a sharp memory/the ability to focus are going to be instrumental in being successful in life... To me, personally, that is not something I would condemn my child with.

To be the devils advocate, yes, there are other medications out there that will assist with your lack of appetite, etc. However, each of those do have their own long list of side effects. The best person to talk to in your situation would be your physician. Let them know what's going on and they will tell you what will be best for your child.

Marijuana doesn't cause "brain damage". It doesn't kill brain cells or cause physical deformities.... but in a developing brain it absolutely will lead to a poor memory and/or an inability to concentrate properly. If you are going to continue to consume marijuana despite this, I would recommend you begin to vaporize the THC or to consume edibles instead. As mentioned above, smoke of any kind is not healthy to be inhaled. (One basic impact would be the reduction in oxygen supply to your baby... that can cause real problems with fetuses. (I so wish that fetii was a word! :p))

The last point I wanted to touch on was the one PRBM brought up... If you deliver your baby and you test positive for drugs, they will snatch that baby up from you. So that is obviously something to think about.

So my overall message here is this: I recognize the use of marijuana to treat ailments and that other medications can cause complications during pregnancy. However, you will most probably place a severe burden on your child be reducing their ability to succeed through the reduction of their memory and their ability to concentrate. You also will end up with your child taken away from you if you test positive for drugs when you give birth. It appears to me that smoking marijuana during your pregnancy is probably not the best option for you, however that is something you should definitely consult with your physician about. If you do decide you can't live without it, baby be damned, I still recommend going to vaporizing and/or edibles instead.

I wish you and your child the best of luck!
-Cody

#36 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

What bothers me most is something the OP said herself--that nothing had been proven or disproven on this topic. Shouldn't the uncertainty be enough to keep you from doing something that will affect your child in some way? The only question is how, and I've yet to see anything reliable saying it -helped.-

You need to grow up in a hurry, OP, because you're making decisions for someone that cannot argue with you about them, and the kid deserves better than that. You've already spent the last six months smoking at least once a day, so why even bother asking? By now, the damage is done. Or maybe it isn't! But you won't know until the kid comes out, will you?

I have to say, you're not winning any points for gambling on the welfare of your child based on stuff you found on google.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 31 August 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#37 baby0firefly

baby0firefly
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

Wow, it's amazing to me how far attention seekers will go... sometimes. Obviously she doesn't give a rip about the baby, apparently doing what she WANTS is more important. I hope for the baby's sake that someone takes it from you unless you decide to make a MAJOR lifestyle change, I don't see any good coming from a situation like yours unless you change. You just don't even know how lucky you are but yet you CHOOSE to take the chance of something bad happening to your unborn child. I didn't intentionally risk or choose for my child to have his intestines on the outside of his body when he was born (which was last year btw) or for him to have lung damage and brain damage. So you might want to think about that, you had a better chance at having a healthy baby than I did. I don't think you could honestly deal with the ordeal I've been through with my son and our problems. Everyone hopes that their baby is healthy all through the pregnancy but not you, you don't care at all. At least some guilt did get to you but not enough unless you made/make better decisions. The "boyfriend" isn't worth it, tell him to hit the curb running. Especially if he is supporting your addiction and not actually trying to help you. He's basically hurting you and the baby. You are your child's voice.

#38 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

Interests: Uhhhh. Call of Duty Black ops. Sleeping, eating, smoking bud, you knowwwww

Well clearly you lied about eating, but regardless, great interests of yours that make you a good parent!

Maternal death ;)

#39 Felonee

Felonee
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

A lot of people seem to have strong opinions about this so I'll give my two cents. I have a friend who is pregnant atm and she is still smoking. She spoke with her doctor and he told her that while he's not going to advise smoking weed, if it helps with her morning sickness and muscle pain then he doesn't see a problem with it. He only advised her to quit 3 months before the baby is due as they drug test newborns here (dunno if that's a FL thing or Medicaid thing) and if your baby tests positive they take him away.

So there's my opinion. :thumbsup:

#40 semore

semore
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

Wow I live in FLA too, didn't know they drug test newborns here @_@

#41 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

A lot of people seem to have strong opinions about this so I'll give my two cents. I have a friend who is pregnant atm and she is still smoking. She spoke with her doctor and he told her that while he's not going to advise smoking weed, if it helps with her morning sickness and muscle pain then he doesn't see a problem with it. He only advised her to quit 3 months before the baby is due as they drug test newborns here (dunno if that's a FL thing or Medicaid thing) and if your baby tests positive they take him away.

Sounds like a really shady physician.... Just remember that doctors also perscribed Thalidomide in the late 50's for morning sickness, and we all know how that went.

I feel way too strongly about this, and I also dont think that I can give an unbiased opinion after reading the entire topic, so I'll simply refrain for commenting.(even though i'm sure you know what i'd say)

#42 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

Sounds like a really shady physician.... Just remember that doctors also perscribed Thalidomide in the late 50's for morning sickness, and we all know how that went.

I feel way too strongly about this, and I also dont think that I can give an unbiased opinion after reading the entire topic, so I'll simply refrain for commenting.(even though i'm sure you know what i'd say)

I doubt most people know what Thalidomide is. People seem rather ignorant simply based off some of these posts.

I get angry when mothers don't breast feed their children.

So I should refrain from posting in here as well.

#43 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Ya'll posting in as troll thread.

#44 Ayami

Ayami
  • 280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

I weep for your child

Lmfao a kirby for you. :kirby:
As far as smoking pot while pregnant, I think the pot's getting to you. :shit:

#45 semore

semore
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

Ya'll posting in as troll thread.

This isn't a troll thread, OP is dead serious.

#46 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

I also had a friend who talked to her physician about smoking pot while pregnant; he pretty much gave the same advice and her baby turned out perfectly fine and healthy. She also lives in Utah so it's def. not the same doctor.

I personally, wouldn't risk it. With all the crap that goes into our systems nowadays, with chemicals added to food and prescribed medication that can do more harm than good, I'd rather at least give my child a fighting chance when they come into the world. It'll be a cold day in hell when I smoke pot to help with my ~*nausea*~ while pregnant. If you can't handle some fucking stomach pain while pregnant, you shouldn't be having a child. The last 3 months are HELL and giving birth naturally is no easy feat. Get over yourself, pregnancy comes with pain.

Just realize OP that the decisions you make now will affect you and your child's life. Make sure you're prepared for them; however disastrous they may or may not be. Child rearing is NOT about you so you better get over yourself reaaalll fast.

Also, your boyfriend? Sounds like a real winner. Hope you're having a boy because guys like that tend to stay longer before dumping you when it's a son.

PS, you sound an awful lot like my friend who got pregnant at 17. Her "boyfriend" ended up beating the shit out of her and put her into debt. All the stress triggered her Bi Polar Disorder so she's now fending for her and her son on her own with a major mental disorder. Her son is not doing well either; he has to see a shrink every week to help with his anger issues and he's only 5. I really doubt you're ready to be a parent.

Edited by Narcissa, 01 September 2011 - 11:30 AM.

#47 Therion

Therion
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

That is quite possibly the worst example of 'research' you could have done. A quick glance at that site reads like a bunch of LSD addled dropouts writing whatever they feel makes sense.

The author of the text however, looks legitimate. That is a blog, not a medical journal.

As for how I feel, whether your smoking hinders the foetal development or not, the fact that you can't abstain for the sake of your child's potential lifelong well being, speaks to me that you're going to be a shitty mother anyway, and probably a single one to boot (yay for a revolving door of 'dad's). An abortion would be the nicest thing you could do for that child.

Edited by Therion, 01 September 2011 - 11:52 AM.

#48 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

Post this question on Reddit, you'll get great responses...
Lightening the mood with an inb4lock.

#49 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

I get so happy when I see another Black person on this site besides me :)

But anyways, I don't see any risks, soo good luck ;)

#50 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

Perform your own experiment! Smoke blunts daily, and when the baby comes out take a picture so we can all laugh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users