Photo

Smoking marajuana when pregnant

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#51 RubberBand

RubberBand
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

I highly doubt given how litigious we have all become that there are doctors out there who will tell a pregnant woman to toke up freely. I think when people tell you their doctor said that, the subtext is, 'I don't want any more hassle over my idiot choices so I'm legitimising them through a doctor's blessing'.

People are so gullible.

#52 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

http://www.babycente...illegaldrugs/#2

Haven't you mentioned that you aren't gaining weight?

/owns you

uhhhh i have never even been 100 lbs in my life.
naturally, i have a fast metabolism. i always had a problem gaining weight way before my pregnancy
LOLZ /OWNS YEW

LOL @ Baby center. Baby center has no scientific evidence about anything. That is something they pulled out of their ass, you obviously didnt read the comments. rofl.

As a mother of 4, i am amazed at the nonchalant attitude you have taken to this pot smoking crap. You seem to think that just because nothing has been reported negatively about any effects thats it's ok. No matter how you suger-coat it, pot is still illegal and slows down brain function.

And i bet once the baby is here, you will continue to roll one with your "boyfriend", exposing said baby to secondhand smoke as well (THAT, proven, is almost or just as bad as actual smoking, doesnt matter the substance).

And, your "boyfriend" thinks this behavior is acceptable as well? His brain is just as fried as yours. Are you THAT addicted to it that you need it? As for your weight, there are meds out there that can help with weight gain, or are you scared you may end up in the hospital for obervation and you dont want that because you cant get your fix?

You posted in a forum for others' thoughts, and im giving you mine.

Thank god i cannot track you down, i would report the abuse on your child in a heartbeat.

I got uninterested in your response as soon asyou went a little off base and started making assumptions about my "boyfriend" and i smoking in front of our newborn.

next..?

What I'm wondering is why you are asking for other people's opinions when you have clearly already decided that you will smoke pot during pregnancy.
What are you trying to achieve?

Yes, your child may be being damaged in ways that research may not have detected yet. No, we cannot stop you smoking pot.
I personally wouldn't do anything that even had a *small* chance of damaging my baby during pregnancy.
But to each her own.

I asked for peoples opinions for obvious reasons. it's a debate forum, and i was curious of the outcome of this topic. yeah, my decision is made, but i still want to hear others..

Saying you've done research on this topic then posting a link to a free wordpress blog just demonstrates that you don't understand what research is. What you're actually engaging in is confirmation bias - you want to keep smoking weed, so you look for 'facts' to back up what you want to believe.

Smoking marijuana increases the risk of:

Small birthweight (which carries with it a long list of adverse health outcomes for a baby)
Preterm birth (as above)
Affects the development of your child's nervous system
Your child having short term memory loss and/or concentration issues

These are the effects I know off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more though. Just because it doesn't cause obvious birth defects doesn't mean it's not harmful to your baby.

Think about it logically. The THC in marijuana affects the brain. It does the same to the baby. The baby's brain is still developing, and it's well known that chemicals that only mildly affect a fully grown adult have a greater effect on a child or baby who is still growing new cells.

It would be one thing if you were an occasional smoker. But because you use it every day, it accumulates in your body and doesn't leave, so your baby is being constantly exposed to it via your bloodstream.

Give me a source that proves everything you just said. Aside from, "the top of your head" lol,

im a mom and honestly I don`t feel its right for the simple fact it can kill brain cells so what would it do to your unborn. Yes some studies show something other studies say its fine but really they don`t know how much of the substance can be harmful just like drinking... ok im blabbing point is the baby maybe fine or may not develop mentally. Its your body its your baby its 2 lives, think wisely go to a doctor and talk to them about it as for the morning sickness they have pills with little pregnant women on them for morning sickness I had them... anyways gl nuff said from me

I love how debates almost always turn into fights. things like these get people so riled up and things get so controversial simply because people don't agree with another person...the chain reaction is amusing. thank you for actually posting something other than insults XD

You go for checkups yet you do not ask your physician?!

One google search:
http://www.babycente...egnancy_2490.bc
"Smoking marijuana during pregnancy may affect your baby's growth and the development of his nervous system."
"If you smoked pot before you realized you were pregnant, don't panic. The chance that your baby has been affected is very small. Still, it's important to be honest with your practitioner about your previous use of pot and other recreational drugs. She may want to run some extra tests to be sure your baby is developing normally."

I'm pretty sure that you ignored all the sites telling you that it was bad, and instead just went to find sites telling you that smoking pot was ok.
I have a feeling you aren't doing this for the baby but rather just to comfort yourself.

There are parents out there who would give their lives up just to save their child, and yet you aren't willing to give up pot.

babycenter is the only site you will find that will say that. they have no proof of their resources. someone else posted this also, and its silly. i didn't "ignore" anything bad. that would be ignorant. i looked up what "babycenter" said and couldn't find any other site that said the same thing. if it were true, i think it'd go a little more viral aside from just being on babycenter.

You are not ready to become a mother.
If you can't even stop smoking for like a year then why the fuck did you decide to have a baby?
You knew it meant responsibilities, but you weren't able to give it your all.
It seems like you really want the child. You think you are prepared for it. You THINK that pot and cigs don't affect babies, BECAUSE you're searching up this "Will pot affect my baby?" etc rather than "Side effects of pot during pregnancy" or stories of ACTUAL parents that did the SAME MISTAKE YOU DID.
Consider all viewpoints of the issue. You want to think that it won't do anything because you are addicted to pot and your boyfriend seems like he doesn't give a shit. A true husband that would want a healthy baby would not encourage you to smoke pot. A good husband would say," Baby, I think we should stop smoking. For the baby. I hope you understand" It's starting to become apparent that your boyfriend would leave you if the baby was defective. It's pretty clear to me that you are not ready for this baby. You are being fooled by yourself. An internal battle.
Of course, your baby could come completely fine. But that baby would have problems when he/she is 30,40,50,60,70 and so on.
You care more about this stupid little addiction than your baby.
Choose:
A healthy baby that would live a successful life.
or
Your boyfriend leaving you, defect baby, or baby with problems.
View it the optimistic way, sure. But this is the sad cold truth. Make a decision. The answer is pretty obvious to me, but to you. It would be a struggle to decide. Good luck with the baby and I hope you make wise choices.

lol, responses like these show too much anger for me to even respond.
based on one stance on something, i'm "not ready to be a mother" when you have NO idea what my capabilities are in life. And I already had tests done to see if the baby was "defective" and there was nothing. They don't take 14 vials of your blood to just flush it down the toilet.

#53 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

Don't ignore the bolded part of my post :(((
http://www.americanp...legaldrugs.html
http://www.marchofdi...llicitdrug.html

Edited by Rapist, 01 September 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#54 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Well clearly you lied about eating, but regardless, great interests of yours that make you a good parent!

Maternal death ;)

off topic.

#55 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Wow.

And people wonder why American children struggle. It's not the schools, it's the parents.

#56 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

I don't get how personal stories about how any of you peoples friends boyfriend beating the shit out of them, has to do with this topic. not even 3 pages and can't even focus on responding on one topic...

& i'm not being a troll. some people can't handle controversial topics like this and it gets outta hand.

I'm asking for your opinions on the subject. I didn't ask for people to assume things about my social life, my boyfriend, my intelligence, etc. very few people can debate properly on here, looks like i see about 4-5 people. but should i expect any less from a group of people that were drawn to this site due to neopets?

#57 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

I don't get how personal stories about how any of you peoples friends boyfriend beating the shit out of them, has to do with this topic. not even 3 pages and can't even focus on responding on one topic...

& i'm not being a troll. some people can't handle controversial topics like this and it gets outta hand.

I'm asking for your opinions on the subject. I didn't ask for people to assume things about my social life, my boyfriend, my intelligence, etc. very few people can debate properly on here, looks like i see about 4-5 people. but should i expect any less from a group of people that were drawn to this site due to neopets?

#58 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Don't ignore the bolded part of my post :(((
http://www.americanp...legaldrugs.html
http://www.marchofdi...llicitdrug.html

Just because I didn't mention her doesn't mean I didn't ask or tell her anything. I don't have to bring up info about my personal life over a general debate. I didn't even have to bring myself into it, but I decided to.

And I know about the baby getting less oxygen. Thats common sense.

" Studies of marijuana in pregnancy are inconclusive because many women who smoke marijuana also use tobacco and alcohol."

that's enough for me. jesus, you guys are acting as if i'm shooting dope ;D

#59 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Just because I didn't mention her doesn't mean I didn't ask or tell her anything. I don't have to bring up info about my personal life over a general debate. I didn't even have to bring myself into it, but I decided to.

Well then, what did she say? Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to assume that she said that its bad for your baby.Why? Because you wouldn't have came here otherwise. Now with the information, I can conclude that
you aren't looking to see if its actually bad or not for your baby, but rather just for someone to tell you that its ok for the baby.

And you definitely wont find an answer like that here.
THEY TRY TO SEND ME TO REHAB BUT I SAID NO - NO - NO. -Amy Winehouse

Edited by Rapist, 01 September 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#60 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

nice large red font. i can already tell you are an occasionally obnoxious user. i saw what you said, give me a chance to respond. also your attitude towards me doesn't motivate me to respond quickly, either. If my physician reacted that badly to my choice then maybe i would have made my decision different. :)

Well then, what did she say? Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to assume that she said that its bad for your baby.Why? Because you wouldn't have came here otherwise. Now with the information, I can conclude that
you aren't looking to see if its actually bad or not for your baby, but rather just for someone to tell you that its ok for the baby.

And you definitely wont find an answer like that here.
THEY TRY TO SEND ME TO REHAB BUT I SAID NO - NO - NO. -Amy Winehouse

Nope, I'm not trying to get someone to tell me anything. Nice try, though. I was just curious of everyone elses stance. I sound like a broken record. -_-

Wow.

And people wonder why American children struggle. It's not the schools, it's the parents.

assuming im going to be a bad parent over one topic is silly. you know nothing about me, just one decisions out of countless ones i've made and will make in my life. you people are too much.

#61 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

nice large red font. i can already tell you are an occasionally obnoxious user. i saw what you said, give me a chance to respond. also your attitude towards me doesn't motivate me to respond quickly, either. If my physician reacted that badly to my choice then maybe i would have made my decision different. :)

Nope, I'm not trying to get someone to tell me anything. Nice try, though. I was just curious of everyone elses stance. I sound like a broken record. -_-

I repeated it because you did not reply in this post of yours.
The two bolded statements are a bit contradictory because people "tell [you] [their] stance[s]"
The people in this forum have already told you what they thought, and you just flicked their personal "stances" away as if they were flies on a wall.
I think I've made my point with the last post with giant red font, and wish you the best of luck and your baby.

And I don't agree with the other people who have made racist American comments, nor do I agree with the people who call you a bad mother or stupid, but I do think people have voiced their opinions on whether or not weed for the baby is bad or not, and you have not listened.

Edited by Rapist, 01 September 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#62 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

I can see a more harmful drug like dope, crack or coke having serious effects on a baby but, WEED?

I say this half jokingly, but are there tons more disfigured fucked up people in this world who were born in the 60s/70s (whenever weed was most popular)

come on now. This is all MY personal points of views and reasoning. I can see why people think I'm trolling and assuming I'm stupid and going to be a bad mother, etc but i decided to put myself personally in my original post. Next time I'll make it very general to avoid assumptions and silly insults.

There's two sides to everything. I read things like this,

"Studies of newborns, infants, and children show no consistent physical, developmental, or cognitive deficits related to prenatal marijuana exposure. Marijuana had no reliable impact on birth size, length of gestation, neurological development, or the occurrence of physical abnormalities. The administration of hundreds of tests to older children has revealed only minor differences between offspring of marijuana users and nonusers, and some are positive rather than negative. Two unconfirmed case-control studies identified prenatal marijuana exposure as one of many factors statistically associated with childhood cancer. Given other available evidence, it is highly unlikely that marijuana causes cancer in children."

WAY more than I read stuff thats posted on babycenter.

#63 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

You're getting ridiculous now. You posted yourself that the baby getting less oxygen is common sense. Oxygen deprivation is DANGEROUS. It is NEVER A GOOD THING even if it doesn't result in permanent brain damage or death, and it's something to avoid at all costs.

Along with that-- Tests being inconclusive because the women tested were also using other stuff does not mean that weed is in the clear. It means that there were too many variables involved to say for sure which thing was doing what. That's not carte blanche to toke up at will and you should not be treating it like it is.

You're getting angry, presumptive responses because you've indicated that you have made, and intend to continue to make, a dangerous decision regarding the life of your child. If you put up a serious, controversial question involving something deeply personal to you, you had damn well better be enough of an adult to accept that you're going to get a lot of controversial answers, and not all of them are going to be pleasant or clinical. The fact of the matter is that you don't know for sure whether what you're doing is going to hurt your kid, and not knowing for sure is enough for you to do it anyway and hope for the best. That is not a good mindset for a parent, no matter how you look at it.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 01 September 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#64 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

I repeated it because you did not reply in this post of yours.
The two bolded statements are a bit contradictory because people "tell [you] [their] stance[s]"
The people in this forum have already told you what they thought, and you just flicked their personal "stances" away as if they were flies on a wall.
I think I've made my point with the last post with giant red font, and wish you the best of luck and your baby.

And I don't agree with the other people who have made racist American comments, nor do I agree with the people who call you a bad mother or stupid, but I do think people have voiced their opinions on whether or not weed for the baby is bad or not, and you have not listened.

Oh I listened, I would just rather put people in their place who are making assumptions that I'm gonna be a horrible mother and people like me is why american children are the way they are, etc. i understand peoples opposite stances, and i WAS thinking about it! But I quickly get disinterested once they throw in the insult card or something. who wants to respond politely to that? Give me your opinion, fine. Saying my bf may leave me and assume hes a terrible person, ASSUMING (what if he didnt know that i smoke? he does, but what if? prime example of why you shouldn't assume)

You're getting ridiculous now. You posted yourself that the baby getting less oxygen is common sense. Oxygen deprivation is DANGEROUS. It is NEVER A GOOD THING even if it doesn't result in permanent brain damage or death, and it's something to avoid at all costs.

Along with that-- Tests being inconclusive because the women tested were also using other stuff does not mean that weed is in the clear. It means that there were too many variables involved to say for sure which thing was doing what. That's not carte blanche to toke up at will and you should not be treating it like it is.

Sorry but I never heard any reports in even real life, reporting anything about weed effecting a baby after birth. You hear about cigs, but I never heard anything on the news/newspaper/etc about anything bad happening to a fetus if the mother is smoking. other hard drugs, yes, i've heard of effecting a baby. like a crack baby, or a meth baby. you never hear anyone say "oh wow that mother is horrible she smoked weed during her first two trimesters of pregnancy. now her kid is retarded, what a shame" if i heard a lot more stuff like this, i wouldn't be smoking. but there's a lack of a lot of evidence that it does a crazy amount of harm...so I have continued to risk it.

lol the people insulting me right off of the bat were the angry ones, and i dont care to continue to argue so say whatever else yo want.

Edited by pixi, 01 September 2011 - 08:01 PM.

#65 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

uhhhh i have never even been 100 lbs in my life.
naturally, i have a fast metabolism. i always had a problem gaining weight way before my pregnancy
LOLZ /OWNS YEW

Yes, you may never have been 100 pounds in your life, but considering your baby is around 5 months developed, the fact that you have not gained much, if any, weight indicates the baby isn't gaining as it should be. That possibility may be caused by the smoking.

#66 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

When the baby is born & continues to grow I'll be sure to update all you guys. Posted Image

#67 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

Wow... I've been so busy I haven't been able to stop by codex in a while and I come back to this? Let's ease up on all the name calling guys. =/

I'm going to (attempt) to keep this brief as I have waaayyy too busy in my life right now to post too much. :p

I get where you are coming from entirely and provided that the information you have provided about your circumstance is accurate, then you definitely have an interesting situation. (Because you don't know me, I'll just give you a preface that I have a LOT of experience in the area of "drugs"... both real world and academically.)

I do believe that cannabis can be a wonderful medicine when used correctly and for a proper cause. The problem lies with the child within you. The children of mothers who consume cannabis during pregnancy have most notably major issues with concentration and with short term memory. Sure there are other complications involved, but most importantly are these two. By continuing to smoke marijuana you are going to be limiting the potential success of your child. Having a sharp memory/the ability to focus are going to be instrumental in being successful in life... To me, personally, that is not something I would condemn my child with.

To be the devils advocate, yes, there are other medications out there that will assist with your lack of appetite, etc. However, each of those do have their own long list of side effects. The best person to talk to in your situation would be your physician. Let them know what's going on and they will tell you what will be best for your child.

Marijuana doesn't cause "brain damage". It doesn't kill brain cells or cause physical deformities.... but in a developing brain it absolutely will lead to a poor memory and/or an inability to concentrate properly. If you are going to continue to consume marijuana despite this, I would recommend you begin to vaporize the THC or to consume edibles instead. As mentioned above, smoke of any kind is not healthy to be inhaled. (One basic impact would be the reduction in oxygen supply to your baby... that can cause real problems with fetuses. (I so wish that fetii was a word! :p))

The last point I wanted to touch on was the one PRBM brought up... If you deliver your baby and you test positive for drugs, they will snatch that baby up from you. So that is obviously something to think about.

So my overall message here is this: I recognize the use of marijuana to treat ailments and that other medications can cause complications during pregnancy. However, you will most probably place a severe burden on your child be reducing their ability to succeed through the reduction of their memory and their ability to concentrate. You also will end up with your child taken away from you if you test positive for drugs when you give birth. It appears to me that smoking marijuana during your pregnancy is probably not the best option for you, however that is something you should definitely consult with your physician about. If you do decide you can't live without it, baby be damned, I still recommend going to vaporizing and/or edibles instead.

I wish you and your child the best of luck!
-Cody

If you wish the best for your baby, you should read this guy's post.
He really knows what he is talking about.

Edited by Ziz, 01 September 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#68 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

Sorry but I never heard any reports in even real life, reporting anything about weed effecting a baby after birth. You hear about cigs, but I never heard anything on the news/newspaper/etc about anything bad happening to a fetus if the mother is smoking. other hard drugs, yes, i've heard of effecting a baby. like a crack baby, or a meth baby. you never hear anyone say "oh wow that mother is horrible she smoked weed during her first two trimesters of pregnancy. now her kid is retarded, what a shame" if i heard a lot more stuff like this, i wouldn't be smoking. but there's a lack of a lot of evidence that it does a crazy amount of harm...so I have continued to risk it.

lol the people insulting me right off of the bat were the angry ones, and i dont care to continue to argue so say whatever else yo want.

I will say this again: You're taking "I never heard anything" to mean "it doesn't happen." You might as well be clapping your hands over your ears and shouting 'la la la' as loud as you can. You're now calling it a risk yourself--why are you so willing to risk your baby's health for a maybe?

#69 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Yes, you may never have been 100 pounds in your life, but considering your baby is around 5 months developed, the fact that you have not gained much, if any, weight indicates the baby isn't gaining as it should be. That possibility may be caused by the smoking.

The baby is perfectly fine. Another assumption. People assume that if someone hasn't gained weight by a certain amount of time, that there's something wrong. The past 5 years I'd say I've been in the 90s forever. I could never even donate blood because i was too thin/underweight. I'm nearly 6 months and no one has any idea. i'm extremely petite, idk how else to explain it. But I know for SURE, that the baby is perfectly okay. I don't get vials of my blood taken out every month for nothing. People at the lab always tell me he's growing perfectly and that my bloodwork matches the the non-blood tests they ran on the baby. If there was any sort of problem with him right now, even minimal, I would have stopped. Also kicks all day long, another good sign...

i'm getting off topic. blah

If you wish the best for your baby, you should read this guy's post.
He really knows what he is talking about.

yeah, but in NJ they do not drug test. they only drug test if you have a history of doing drugs or something, idk. but I know a lot of people who did heroine and coke while pregnant and never got their baby taken away after their delivery. thats something that depends on the state. and i listened to that guy, i responded to him in a different way

I will say this again: You're taking "I never heard anything" to mean "it doesn't happen." You might as well be clapping your hands over your ears and shouting 'la la la' as loud as you can. You're now calling it a risk yourself--why are you so willing to risk your baby's health for a maybe?

at this point at every visit i go to, he's doing perfectly fine and growing at a normal, healthy rate.

I highly doubt given how litigious we have all become that there are doctors out there who will tell a pregnant woman to toke up freely. I think when people tell you their doctor said that, the subtext is, 'I don't want any more hassle over my idiot choices so I'm legitimising them through a doctor's blessing'.

People are so gullible.

she didn't agree with it completely but she didnt tell me to immediately stop either. her reaction would have been different if i told her i was shooting up, i'm sure.

this whole time he's been kicking me ^_^

that alone makes the night.

I shouldnt have said I know alot of people who have done hard drugs and didnt have their baby taken away.

I know of**** a few. i dont associate with people like that...

It even seems like prescription drugs, even ones prescribed by obgyns cause more birth defects compared to...dare I say..marijuana.

#70 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

at this point at every visit i go to, he's doing perfectly fine and growing at a normal, healthy rate.

They can't tell you whether or not the kid's got learning deficiencies until after it's born.

#71 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

They can't tell you whether or not the kid's got learning deficiencies until after it's born.

thank you genius.

kids get learning deficiencies even with mothers who have done nothing drug related in their life.
I mean weight wise, the fluid behind its neck, etc is fine.

i know someone who smoked cigs and she started bleeding. there is obviously a difference between the two.

not to mention that pharmaceutical companies would lose out on so much money if pregnant women just started smoking marijuana instead of prescription drugs. gotta think of that.

#72 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

thank you genius.

kids get learning deficiencies even with mothers who have done nothing drug related in their life.
I mean weight wise, the fluid behind its neck, etc is fine.

i know someone who smoked cigs and she started bleeding. there is obviously a difference between the two.

not to mention that pharmaceutical companies would lose out on so much money if pregnant women just started smoking marijuana instead of prescription drugs. gotta think of that.

That's it, I give up. You clearly refuse to acknowledge that you do not know one way or the other whether what you're doing is dangerous to your child (so what if deficiencies have other causes? That does not negate the possibility that marijuana can be another one), and I'm not going to continue attempting to discuss it with you. I hope all the best for you and your child, but my sincerest hope is that you stop making excuses, stop gambling, and grow up.

#73 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Guys it's useless. She isn't going to consider your opinions. We can deduce plenty from what you post.
To pixi:
I think almost everyone on this thread said it was bad. Your wanting and addiction to weed can not be controlled. The weed is controlling you. You want it. You think you want it.
When 50+ people post saying it's bad, and you still firmly plant your feet saying that weed won't affect the baby, you need to go to the doctors to have your head checked.
In short, you are simple minded.

#74 pixi

pixi
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

50+ people? lol are you out of your mind. Lets not go too far. This is a site called neocodex.com Yeah, theyre real opinions but I take the ones in real life a bit more seriously. i never said it wouldnt affect the baby. it may, yet a lot of babies get affected by things even when the mother doesnt use drugs. so, i can't go by that. And I don't always do it because I "want" it. If smoking weed is gonna help me eat, i'd rather take that over losing 5,10 pounds. no ty.

#75 pandalindsay

pandalindsay
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hi there

I don't usually smoke because I do not tend to feel that great when high. I do have a brother who uses regularly. I believe it should be legalized. Etc etc etc

That being said, you are taking a risk with your child. I think you do know that, deep down, which is making you insecure enough to try this posting stuff. I'm sorry you are having a tough time with the sickness, but you really should cover this stuff with your doctor, openly and honestly.

It does sound like you should consider some counseling if you feel any form of addiction. It will surely interfere, in some way, with your life and your parenting.

You will do what you like, but you are taking a risk with your baby. That is that, end of story. Hopefully it will turn out well, but you have to reconcile that this type of lifestyle could negatively impact your child. If you are willing to take a risk, fine, but own it. I think you are hoping someone will say it is okay, but no one will say that, since there is no way to now.

Thanks
Lindsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users