Quantcast

Photo

SOTW #14 VOTING!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

Poll: SOTW #14 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Which sig is your favorite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Vote for your favorite sig. :) Friendly comments and critiques only please!!

THIS COMPETITION IS FOR EVERYONE AND EVERY SIG - "Gren Skorcheio" style or not. If you cant handle friendly and for-the-fun-of-it competition the don't enter the contest and don't bother voting for a sig. Thanks.

1. Posted Image

2. Posted Image

3. Posted Image

4. Posted Image

5. Posted Image

6. Posted Image

7. Posted Image

8. Posted Image

9. Posted Image

10. Posted Image

11. Posted Image

12. Posted Image

Edited by Joanna, 04 September 2011 - 02:07 PM.

#2 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

I liked 10 and 7. But the sideways spongebob seemed awkward.

#3 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

1,6,7,9, and 11 aren't nicktoons though...
My vote goes to number 5 :)

Surprised there wasnt a catdog, hey arnold, or rugrats one up there.
I do like #12 too though, that show was one of my favorites haha

#4 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

oh wow, so many happy and colorful sigs, that makes me happy now!
i need some times to decide if i vote for 3, 7 or 10.
nice work all of you!

#5 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

1,6,7,9, and 11 aren't nicktoons though...
My vote goes to number 5 :)

Surprised there wasnt a catdog, hey arnold, or rugrats one up there.
I do like #12 too though, that show was one of my favorites haha

It wasn't specifically Nicktoons... that was just the stupid image I found on google to inspire you all. :p
I was also surprised there was no rugrats or catdog!

Also, even though Spongebob is obviously my favorite cartoon- #5 gets my vote. I love everything about that sig.
only reason 10 didn't get it was because I wasn't sure if I liked that spongebob's feet just disappeared. I realize that his feet became a rainbow... but I might have liked it better if the rainbow was coming out of his feet more. But otherwise that sig is obviously got the coolest cartoon character EVER on it. :p

Edited by Joanna, 03 September 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#6 baby0firefly

baby0firefly
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

Cool! :)

#7 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

oh wow, so many happy and colorful sigs, that makes me happy now!
i need some times to decide if i vote for 3, 7 or 10.
nice work all of you!

screw that 8 got my vote xD

#8 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

Do you think you guys could have made them any bigger? Fuck I hate giant sigs.

Oh shit I just saw the giant red text.
In that case... well. These sigs are very nice.

#9 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

Do you think you guys could have made them any bigger? Fuck I hate giant sigs.

Oh shit I just saw the giant red text.
In that case... well. These sigs are very nice.

:p Lol, thats why in the original thread I bolded and made the txt for the rule about size bigger so that people will know that submitting sigs of that size might not always be accepted. This time I let it go because I liked them. :p

We should probably set a size limitation though. Possibly no larger than 600X200.... since sometimes fitting an image in 500X150 just doesnt work. :p

Edited by Joanna, 03 September 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#10 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

Oops. People should stop distracting me so I can get SoTW entries done. orz.

As for size limitations, I have a funny habit of making 500x250 sigs quite often. They seem to my one of my favorite canvas sizes. So 600x250 would probably work nicely? Because that would be very pushing it.

Also, ELEVEN FTW~<3 It's amazing. :3 Actually, if after this is over, whoever made it can tell me how they got the liquid splatter things in there, I'd really really really like it. ;_;

Edited by Colours, 03 September 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#11 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

They're all.. decent. *ahem* my gosh giant sigs lol
Voting for my favorite show because I can't decide otherwise..

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

Honestly. I hate the giant sigs for that reason, they're way too big. I can see there's a lot of work been put into some of them, but I just cant vote for something that resembles more of a full blown image than a signature. That being said, I like #1 quite a lot, it grabs your attention and isnt too over the top. I think everyone's done a pretty good job this time around. Good luck to all. Ill leave my vote until the end I think as I just cant decide on which one I wish to vote for yet.

Edited by Strategist, 03 September 2011 - 03:38 PM.

#13 Zeer

Zeer
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Oh there you are Perry!

#14 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

are just way too big to be sigs... They are just gifs/pictures... There really should be size limitations...

#15 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

are just way too big to be sigs... They are just gifs/pictures... There really should be size limitations...

Idk, I think the size of 3 is debatable. But you are right.....

Who started the SOTW? I think that person, who came up with the rules, should decide if there will be a size limitation from now on.

#16 Mithra

Mithra
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

#9 is just so awesome though. D:

So is flying, CMY(K)-pooping Spongebob. ^^ (edit: or Spongebob on shrooms?)
#5 is cool too.

Edited by Mithra, 03 September 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

These are cool :D Lots of bright colours and movement which keeps me kids entertained

#18 maniean

maniean
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

I'm looking at the vote distributions and really?  I can understand #5 and #7 being up there because they're good and you can tell that the artist put work into them.I also see #10 being up there because it's simple, eye-catching, and it's a decent example of vector art (my personal favorite).  
But like #3 is just a .gif taken from PandF when Candice touches the hallucinogenic moss with text over it.  Yet people are voting for it.I was going to submit an entry next week, but clearly since no one really votes fairly and pretty much votes for their friends (let's not bullsh*t here, guys.  I honestly don't believe people would unbiasedly pick some of these over others) or vote as a joke, I'm probably not going to.
It's also a huge insult to people who actually put in effort on their submissions.
I'm looking at last week's competition and really... "green skorcheio".

Edited by Xynrai, 03 September 2011 - 08:54 PM.

#19 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:56 AM

I'm looking at the vote distributions and really? I can understand #5 and #7 being up there because they're good and you can tell that the artist put work into them.I also see #10 being up there because it's simple, eye-catching, and it's a decent example of vector art (my personal favorite).
But like #3 is just a .gif taken from PandF when Candice touches the hallucinogenic moss with text over it. Yet people are voting for it.I was going to submit an entry next week, but clearly since no one really votes fairly and pretty much votes for their friends (let's not bullsh*t here, guys. I honestly don't believe people would unbiasedly pick some of these over others) or vote as a joke, I'm probably not going to.
It's also a huge insult to people who actually put in effort on their submissions.

gren* skorcheio

Anyways, you've been on the site for a single day, and have already managed to accuse the everyone on the site of cheating in a user-run contest and having an unforgivable lack of judgement in their voting choices?

Smooth.

#20 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:18 AM

I'm looking at the vote distributions and really? I can understand #5 and #7 being up there because they're good and you can tell that the artist put work into them.I also see #10 being up there because it's simple, eye-catching, and it's a decent example of vector art (my personal favorite).
But like #3 is just a .gif taken from PandF when Candice touches the hallucinogenic moss with text over it. Yet people are voting for it.I was going to submit an entry next week, but clearly since no one really votes fairly and pretty much votes for their friends (let's not bullsh*t here, guys. I honestly don't believe people would unbiasedly pick some of these over others) or vote as a joke, I'm probably not going to.

We do this for fun... why so serious? This isn't a state champ competition for sigs, lol. Besides, if you look at SOTW 13 again you'll see that #1 and #3 winners were amazing sigs. You really haven't been here long enough to know that Cyo is the funniest troll out there, so that's why gren skorcheio got 2nd. Also, since you haven't been here long, I should inform you that you need to get a sense of humor quick, otherwise you won't enjoy yourself here. :p They only win Neopets items, and most of the time one or two winners give their prizes to someone else since they don't care/don't even play Neo.

Besides... right now #3 only has 5 votes, so it's not even winning. Some people vote for sigs they find funny, and that's not against the rules. I really doubt there are those that vote just because a friend made that sig, maybe like one or two people because in the long run it doesn't matter, the better sigs will place. If you even bothered to look at past SOTW results, you'll see the some amazing sigs won and newer members have almost always placed.

Edited by Kats, 04 September 2011 - 08:24 AM.

#21 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:28 AM

I'm looking at the vote distributions and really?  I can understand #5 and #7 being up there because they're good and you can tell that the artist put work into them.I also see #10 being up there because it's simple, eye-catching, and it's a decent example of vector art (my personal favorite).  
But like #3 is just a .gif taken from PandF when Candice touches the hallucinogenic moss with text over it.  Yet people are voting for it.I was going to submit an entry next week, but clearly since no one really votes fairly and pretty much votes for their friends (let's not bullsh*t here, guys.  I honestly don't believe people would unbiasedly pick some of these over others) or vote as a joke, I'm probably not going to.

Lol seriously, just because people arent voting for which ones YOU like best. A huge insult to people who actually put effort in? You do realise not everyone will vote upon how much effort went into the making of it, in fact i prefer simple yet stylish sigs over complicated ones. You're taking sotw too seriously, i would have thought it's about the fun, every week i enjoy seeing what everyone has come up with so no sig goes unappreciated. You should look at the vote distributions and think "OK, people are voting for sigs i wouldnt choose but im not going to be a little bitch about it".

#22 baby0firefly

baby0firefly
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

There's always some party pooper PARTY POOPER *throws party poop* ;)

#23 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

There's always some party pooper PARTY POOPER *throws party poop* ;)

And it wasn't even Donaldmax this time! I am shocked!

#24 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

Its vote for your favorite...not for the best. Also... if you don't like it gtfo.

THIS COMPETITION IS FOR EVERYONE AND EVERY SIG - "Gren Skorcheio" style or not. If you cant handle friendly and for-the-fun-of-it competition the don't enter the contest and don't bother voting for a sig. Thanks.

Edited by Joanna, 04 September 2011 - 02:07 PM.

#25 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

Its vote for your favorite...not for the best. Also... if you don't like it gtfo.

Honestly, if you want people to participate. It shouldn't be that way.

Eventually people will stop entering as they don't feel that they can win, when people will absolute shit for signatures can win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users