Neocola Gambling Attempt

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 legacycm

legacycm
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:03 AM

Posted Image

The Neocola Machine is located on the Neopian moon, Kreludor. With coins called Neocola Tokens, you can use the machine to have a chance to earn a few neopoints and an item. Even better is the prospect of getting a Transmorphing Potion off this.

So with these thoughts, I gave it a wizz!

Boring Statistics (!)

Net spending: 595,464
Neocola Tokens Bought: 100
43 x Red Neocola Token
31 x Blue Neocola Token
26 x Green Neocola Token
Price per token (average): 5,954
NP gained from using up all tokens: 11,426
Average NP gain from each token: 115

Prizes gained

The settings I used were completely random, apart from the amount of button presses, being a constant 42 (meaning of life and the universe, u jelly?).
Below is a list of the prizes I received from the tokens. They are arranged in numerical order and not in the order I got them.

1 x Griefer
1 x Dastardly Evil Fuzzle
2 x Fake Sloth Tattoo
3 x Wind Up Dr. Sloth Toy
3 x Plastic Ring of Sloth
5 x 1 Club Sloth Grundo T-Shirt

5 x Super Energy Blast Drink
7 x Sponge Grundo Sponge
7 x Gummy Baby Space Fungus
9 x Non-Sticky Sticky Hand
10 x Sloth Gummies
10 x Dented Can of Neocola
10 x Kreludan Grundo Slippers
13 x Fake Neocola Token on a String
15 x Lint Covered Peanut

Conclusion
Neocola tokens ARE NOT worth it. Sure, there's always a slight chance of getting a Trans potion, but that chance is puny. With my recent experiment of 100 tokens, I have only achieved two prizes of worth (being the Griefer (even if it STILL lost me NP) and Dastardly Evil Fuzzle). A 2% chance of something good is not worth it in my opinion, and I haven't even received a Trans potion either, so who knows? The rate for those may be less than 0.5%...

Please post below if you have gotten anything of worth from it and after using up how many tokens.

Edited by legacycm, 06 September 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#2 Mithra

Mithra
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:08 AM

Conclusion
Neocola tokens ARE NOT worth it.

You had to do an experiment to tell everyone what they already knew? :l

#3 legacycm

legacycm
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

Well, some people were claiming that they profited big, so I figured that I may as well try. And besides, there's actually proof here to back this up too XD

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

At least the person has the gall to actually prove it's not worth it using an experiment rather than just saying "it's not worth it" by the blind and/or lazy masses who arguably enough may just used one neocola and raged from getting useless junk.

I applaud you for actually providing us information with more than just 10 data points.

#5 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:54 AM

Thanks for this, I honestly thought the odds of a trans were a bit higher... well at least you backed it up with all the info ;)
I only did this maybe 5-6 times max, but is there a difference between what color token you use?
I read it was just random

#6 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:07 AM

lol I kind of tried this a month ago but with 150 or so tokens. About 40-50 tokens in I couldn't be bothered to record anymore because it was a whole bunch of junk anyway and I just used the rest of the tokens up quickly via f5ing. I did like 12 nerkmids this month and got nothing either (I already have the trophy).

edit: Personally, I'd be interested in seeing how the color + drink/button choices affects NP amount & prize, although that would take a very large effort.

Also it seems like a lot of people have been using tokens this month. I saw loads at 4000-5000NP just a few weeks ago, now most of them appear to be over 5k.

Edited by ZKK, 06 September 2011 - 05:14 AM.

#7 legacycm

legacycm
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

lol I kind of tried this a month ago but with 150 or so tokens. About 40-50 tokens in I couldn't be bothered to record anymore because it was a whole bunch of junk anyway and I just used the rest of the tokens up quickly via f5ing. I did like 12 nerkmids this month and got nothing either (I already have the trophy).

edit: Personally, I'd be interested in seeing how the color + drink/button choices affects NP amount & prize, although that would take a very large effort.

Also it seems like a lot of people have been using tokens this month. I saw loads at 4000-5000NP just a few weeks ago, now most of them appear to be over 5k.

Perhaps people are more willing to go with a lower end gamble as compared to higher end with Nerkmids/Maps therefore driving the price up? And tbh, I don't think that colour, drink and the button options affect it at all. I think it's completely random as with the Grumpy Old King and Wise Old King dailies.

#8 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Perhaps people are more willing to go with a lower end gamble as compared to higher end with Nerkmids/Maps therefore driving the price up? And tbh, I don't think that colour, drink and the button options affect it at all. I think it's completely random as with the Grumpy Old King and Wise Old King dailies.

Neocola is low-class mass gambling. A chance to blow a load of money on a gamble without actually wasting your entire fortune on a gamble. Which is why i love doing it once or twice a day. XP

#9 cheesecactus

cheesecactus
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

I thank you for doing this! It's the kind of thing I'd have been tempted to do at some stage (did it with 10 Nerkmids once and just got junk :S )

#10 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

This is a great guide. Thanks for making it. (+rep)

I must say I only clicked it though because I thought it said "Nuka" Cola... lol. *Fallout Nerd* Posted Image

#11 legacycm

legacycm
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

This is a great guide. Thanks for making it. (+rep)

I must say I only clicked it though because I thought it said "Nuka" Cola... lol. *Fallout Nerd* Posted Image

Lolz, still living in the post-apocalyptic world?

I thank you for doing this! It's the kind of thing I'd have been tempted to do at some stage (did it with 10 Nerkmids once and just got junk :S )

Glad it helped.

Edit: Bought another 24 Nerkmids and have updated the totals!

Edited by legacycm, 06 September 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#12 angel412ster

angel412ster
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

even with tokens being given out, it still seems very expensive and not profitable. such a shame. oh well. I will sell the tokens to the gullible!

#13 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I've never understood why people buy neocola tokens... The chance isn't worth it.

#14 msamazing

msamazing
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I tried this recently, spending over 100k on neocola tokens and the most I got was a little over 400nps

#15 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

This is AWESOME! Thanks so much for doing it!!!

You know what is really sad, though? I've only ever used the machine once or twice... but now I want to do it PURELY to replicate this experiment. What in Azura's name is wrong with me!?

But I'm glad to know it's not great, this will hopefully prevent me from going on a random splurge during one of my "what am I doing with my life?" moments. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users