Photo

The Wishing Well

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#26 supra16

supra16
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

Wow, it seems like the success rate here is insane. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a 12th Birthday Goodie Bag :D
Thanks OP! +rep

#27 Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

I always thought this thing didn't make any wish come true... Glad to now it does, even if only for "low" items. Thanks for the guide.

#28 OPCold

OPCold
  • 32 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for the info, I feel so stupid for just wishing and hoping for a paintbrush haha :x3:

#29 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

UPDATE - Now the well will give out prizes four times daily instead of two!

Does this (the update) make a difference? Also, do you make 1 wish, or 7 wishes to get greater chances of 'winning'?

Edited by Russ, 06 January 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#30 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

Does this (the update) make a difference? Also, do you make 1 wish, or 7 wishes to get greater chances of 'winning'?

The more you wish, the higher chance of winning. I've seen the same person getting his/her wish granted twice at the same time.

#31 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

The wishing well says that it gives out wishes 4 times a day. This is false. It has been observed that wishes are granted twice a day[1], with 10 wishes granted each time for a total of 20 wishes granted a day. This means you can win twice a day. It has been hypothesized on the neodaq forums that the wishes are granted at 6am/pm NST. If you make a wish around every 12 hours though, it should be fine. I make my wishes at 10am/pm local time, since it fits best with my sleep schedule.

&Making more wishes give a greater chance of getting them granted ^__^

#32 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

&Making more wishes give a greater chance of getting them granted ^__^

Thanks Rainie, love you! (I swear you stalk my posts...)

#33 DeathKnightX

DeathKnightX
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hmmm... is it better to choose Usukicon gift bag or Bag of Peanuts?

#34 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hmmm... is it better to choose Usukicon gift bag or Bag of Peanuts?

Well both items would have the same chance of being picked (unless the Usukicon Goodie Bag is >r89?), so it's up to you/whichever item is worth more :p ~

#35 DeathKnightX

DeathKnightX
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

I see granted Bag of Peanuts all the time, but I've never seen anyone get the Usukicon bag. The usukicon bag is worth significantly more, but I'm guessing it's harder to sell.

#36 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

I see granted Bag of Peanuts all the time, but I've never seen anyone get the Usukicon bag. The usukicon bag is worth significantly more, but I'm guessing it's harder to sell.

Which Usukicon Bag are you talking about?
It could be because it's rarity is >89 o:

#37 DeathKnightX

DeathKnightX
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Usukicon Y10 Gift Bag

It's listed in the first post.

#38 rapmastahc

rapmastahc
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Awesome guide, no BoP yet but I'll keep you posted :)

#39 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

Usukicon Y10 Gift Bag

It's listed in the first post.

Okay, this is a mega late reply (sorry, I didn't notice your reply ><~), but the Usukicon Y10 Gift Bag is r180 so since,

The wishing well only gives out items of rarity 89 and below.

You wouldn't be able to get the Usukicon Bag

#40 TheOneB

TheOneB
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

Very smart of the original poster on NeoDaq to put the pieces together and work it all out.

Just about everyone I know uses the Wishing Well as a daily now. Its a lot harder to win then it was a few years ago, but it does still happen and is a nice bonus.

#41 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

Some interesting facts out there. gonna do this along side my illusen quest.. will report back on success rate.. going with bag of peanuts since i need one anyway...

#42 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

Very smart of the original poster on NeoDaq to put the pieces together and work it all out.

Just about everyone I know uses the Wishing Well as a daily now. Its a lot harder to win then it was a few years ago, but it does still happen and is a nice bonus.

Wouldn't people stop visiting the Wishing Well since the avatar has already been solved? :/

#43 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Wouldn't people stop visiting the Wishing Well since the avatar has already been solved? :/

I'd assume based on the post you quoted that the Wishing Well has become a daily for many users now because they know the requirements (at least 21nps donated, item wished for has to be r89 and below, etc.), not because of the avatar o: ~

#44 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Congratulations! Your wish has really come true! That donation of 100 NeoPoints you made to the Neopian Wishing
Well was worth it, because you have been granted the following item : Bag of Peanuts . It will be in your inventory when you go to
Neopets next. Thanks a lot, and hope to see you soon! The Neopets Team

EXCELLENT TIPS!!! got in on my first try..... that's a first for me.. donated exactly 21np

#45 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'd assume based on the post you quoted that the Wishing Well has become a daily for many users now because they know the requirements (at least 21nps donated, item wished for has to be r89 and below, etc.), not because of the avatar o: ~

I guess so. I would think people seldom win anything because of the large number of people wishing and the small number of people being granted wishes but then..... (see below)

Congratulations! Your wish has really come true! That donation of 100 NeoPoints you made to the Neopian Wishing
Well was worth it, because you have been granted the following item : Bag of Peanuts . It will be in your inventory when you go to

EXCELLENT TIPS!!! got in on my first try..... that's a first for me.. donated exactly 21np

Grats! :) Shall make it a daily too.

#46 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Thanks! I always thought that Wishing Well was a scam.

#47 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

haha... i just noticed that i actually donated 100NP rather than 21NP... was too excited that i just copy pasted and for a moment there remembered that i donated 21np...

#48 namida

namida
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

thanks for the guide :)
i still don't find the wishing well worth the effort though.

#49 TheOneB

TheOneB
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

How can you find spending a total of 147 nps and 20 seconds of your day...to potentially win an items worth 100's of 1000's of NPs.....NOT worth the effort?

It quite possibly is the best investment/win np ratio on the site.

I personally have won well over 3 million nps worth of items from it.

#50 DeathKnightX

DeathKnightX
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

I still haven't won. Been donating anywhere from 30-100 NP twice a day and always asking for Bag of peanuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users