ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

Forum Rules Updated

Hello everyone! Allow me to direct your attention to our new forum rules:

(The "Short" version) - http://www.neocodex....neocodex-rules/
(The "Long" descriptive version) - http://www.neocodex....s-long-version/

As you can see, the rules have been modernized a bit (since the other ones were going on 5 years old).

To strive for better consistency amongst moderators, the rules in the "long version" are accompanied with rough guidelines on what can be done about each violation of a rule. We have also posted up a guideline on how Banned/Suspended/Warned members are documented, so that future staff can easily go through past cases and examine what actions were done before.

Officially, these rules will be enforced by the moderators, but in cases of emergency, the programmers also have limited moderation powers. Therefore, "staff" encompasses both of these groups of people, and I don't want any complaining about that (rule 5.3). The current list of staff is here.

Warns will be used more liberally from now on. In light of this, we have brought back warn level decay. For every month that you don't incur any warnings, our system will automatically lower your warn level by 10% (rule 8.2). We will also be augmenting warns with suspensions, as per rule 8.3 to discourage repeated offences.

We will also be promoting a new moderator very soon. They are currently being briefed of their duties before we make anything official. :p

- Neocodex Administration

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

I, for one, welcome our new consistent overlords.

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:29 AM

Yay. Stuff is getting done :)

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:05 PM