Quantcast

Photo

SOTW #15 Voting!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

Poll: 7 Deadly Sins SOTW (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is YOUR favourite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#26 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

lol. I meant giving it more sharpen would've made it look completely boss. :3

#27 maniean

maniean
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

I like to base the artwork on apparent effort.  Obviously everyone has different tastes (anime, retro, etc.) as do I, so it's not fair if i vote just because I prefer ie; a cute girl in a tree over a photo of two people kissing.  I like to see what the person submitting the graphic actually did to enhance/improve/alter the given stock.

1. It's a picture of an ogre (?) on a black background (nothing so far), with a stroke (barely anything), and a white inner box.
3. The background appears to already have COME with the elf.  So basically it's just a cutout of a wallpaper that someone else made, with a semi-transparent layer and hearts and leaves and text over it.  
4. The first living sign of actual effort!  It's pretty cute, but something about it is really off to me..
5. This looks ENTIRELY original, but at the same time it looks really messy.  There are two glares and a mess happening in the background.  Props on originality though.
6. I really like the newspaper effect.  Typography bonus, and I like the paint splatters and balloons.  Not digging the flowers in the top left corner though.
7. Uh...

My vote has to obviously go with 6.  I like the elf, but that's ALL I like about the signature.  Anyone can PICK an elf with a background there.  I would like to see what you could've actually done WITH that elf.  I bet most people are picking that one SOLELY for the fact that there's a cute anime elf girl in a bunny suit.  6 gets a lot of points for originality + lots for the apparent effort and the artistic style.

Edited by Xynrai, 16 September 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#28 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

Alright let's get back on topic... a signature comeptition...

#29 Verrater

Verrater
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

Alright let's get back on topic... a signature comeptition...

Thank you for doing that sir :D

#30 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

Ok well im sad to say it but the creator of signature #3 is now disqualified as they have been found to be using multiple accounts to vote for their own signature. Ive checked with mods/admin and its been confirmed. So sig #3 is no longer viable in this competition. All those who voted for it, please cast your votes to another sig if you wish.

#31 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

You people are freaking ridiculous.

Can I request the cheaters name? PM it if you must to avoid excess drama, but I'd like to add them to my ban list.
I don't tolerate that shit. -spits-

#32 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

I voted for #5 because of the awesome glowy-ness of it and how original it looks. Its very pretty.

I would have voted for Rachel4 though if she had gotten hers in on time. XD

#33 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

Just to clarify further for those who dont like to read the rules thread:

(ii) Contestant voting

Contestants are allowed, but not forced to vote in a competition that they are a part of. However, voting for your own entry is not allowed and will result in disqualification. Also the creating of multiple accounts to vote for your own signature is against the rules of not only the SOTW competition, BUT of Neocodex as a whole. Anyone found to be doing so will be banned/disqualified.

Edited by Strategist, 17 September 2011 - 01:50 PM.

#34 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Wow. So much fun.
Posted Image

#35 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

To be honest, im sick of running the SOTW's now. It seems every week someone manages to ruin what could be a good comp. I put up prizes for it quite a lot, not to mention shit ive actually paid real money for at times. If people are going to shove it back in my face by cheating, flaming etc etc then you can all go jump for all i care. I used to enjoy doing this up until recently.

From now on, someone else can take the damn reigns.

/rant over

#36 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

To be honest, im sick of running the SOTW's now. It seems every week someone manages to ruin what could be a good comp. I put up prizes for it quite a lot, not to mention shit ive actually paid real money for at times. If people are going to shove it back in my face by cheating, flaming etc etc then you can all go jump for all i care. I used to enjoy doing this up until recently.

/rant over

Will you still participate in them though? :( I like pretty things

#37 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

Will you still participate in them though? :( I like pretty things

Honestly?

No i dont think i will. Purely for the fact that i no longer get enjoyment from making signatures and having people bash others etc

#38 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

*sigh* and this is why we can't have nice things.

#39 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Honestly?

No i dont think i will. Purely for the fact that i no longer get enjoyment from making signatures and having people bash others etc

:( I am so sad. The only think keeping me around on codex since SOTW 8 or 9- has been the SOTW. I love the SOTW....
And I LOVE your entries EVERY TIME Strat. :(

I am so upset that SOTW is ruined because of petty-ness these last- idk.. 3 or 4 times.

Maybe if we didn't do it for prizes anymore and just for fun some of this crap will vanish?? Thats the only reason I ever do it...

#40 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Maybe if we didn't do it for prizes anymore and just for fun some of this crap will vanish?? Thats the only reason I ever do it...

Agreed.

The arguments I can handle, and having a structured set of rules seems to have helped, but the cheating is just ridiculous.

Edited by Bone, 17 September 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#41 Verrater

Verrater
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

Just to be clear, I got DQ'd cause my girlfriend voted for me. According to Neocodex rules, I would have to tell her not to look at the computer for the 2 hours I was doing my work.
I did not create multiple accounts as the OP would like to say I did. Im currently seeking to talk to an official mod / admin of the board instead of an advanced user.

Seems a little redic to me that my girlfriend can't even vote for me. Couldn't you just subtract the vote instead? Its not like I can tell her not to look at my computer screen for the 2 hours.
Specially when we live in a SMALL apartment, and together.

Edited by Lithadoren, 17 September 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#42 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

:( I am so sad. The only think keeping me around on codex since SOTW 8 or 9- has been the SOTW. I love the SOTW....
And I LOVE your entries EVERY TIME Strat. :(

I am so upset that SOTW is ruined because of petty-ness these last- idk.. 3 or 4 times.

This contest has been tarnished beyond repair from false accusations of cheating amongst friends, actual cheating, and then the fucking know-it-all smelly cuntfaces that shit on everyone else's work. I loved this contest, and have spent real money on it as well. But even if you eliminate the prizes, you'll still have the shitty comments about people's signatures not having any effort put into them.

Seriously. How the fuck do you know who put effort into their sig? Did you sit there with the person who made number 7? I don't see how "Uhh..." is constructive criticism. Unbelievably rude. Going on ignored members list. Yaddayaddayadda.

#43 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

/rant over

I think you should take the high road and continue to run it. As long as you keep the rules consistent, people will begin to follow them. While it may not be that much fun right now, it easily has the potential to continue as long as people follow by the rules. We had a time in the past with cheating. It will always happen. The staff will always catch them. Just relax and vote for what you like. Create some awesome works of art, and try and have fun. If you let them get you down, they will.

on a side note, we need a Hall of Fame for teh winners, so we can showcase good art.

#44 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

Just to be clear, I got DQ'd cause my girlfriend voted for me. According to Neocodex rules, I would have to tell her not to look at the computer for the 2 hours I was doing my work.
I did not create multiple accounts as the OP would like to say I did. Im currently seeking to talk to an official mod / admin of the board instead of an advanced user.

Seems a little redic to me that my girlfriend can't even vote for me. Couldn't you just subtract the vote instead? Its not like I can tell her not to look at my computer screen for the 2 hours.

How do you think it looks to the staff when a person on the same IP and computer as you creates a new account and the only thread they view is this one and vote for a person they personally know? That doesn't seem fair on the other entrants to me.

#45 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

Given that the account was created -yesterday- and used the same computer and browser as you did. I'm not inclined to believe at all that she voted for you. And you should tell her not to look at your screen, this is anonymous for a reason. People want to win because people like their work, not because they have lots of friends. She shouldn't have logged onto your computer, created an account at the site, and voted for you, just so you would win. That's just not cool.

#46 Verrater

Verrater
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Given that the account was created -yesterday- and used the same computer and browser as you did. I'm not inclined to believe at all that she voted for you. And you should tell her not to look at your screen, this is anonymous for a reason. People want to win because people like their work, not because they have lots of friends. She shouldn't have logged onto your computer, created an account at the site, and voted for you, just so you would win. That's just not cool.

2 Computers.
We use the same browser (Google Chrome).

And like I said in a PM, they could have easily sent me a mail first, asking why there was 2 accounts on my IP (which only the starting would be the same, not the ending if the knew how to read real IPs) before simply DQing someone. They could have just taken away the vote, sent me a mail asking why, and go on from there.

#47 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

DO NOT openly post your work or PM to others for C&C.

^^

Taken from the rules/guidelines.

This includes but is not limited to other people who you know to get to sign up and then vote for your signature. Its exactly the same as openly posting your work.

Edited by Strategist, 17 September 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#48 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

I think you should take the high road and continue to run it. As long as you keep the rules consistent, people will begin to follow them. While it may not be that much fun right now, it easily has the potential to continue as long as people follow by the rules. We had a time in the past with cheating. It will always happen. The staff will always catch them. Just relax and vote for what you like. Create some awesome works of art, and try and have fun. If you let them get you down, they will.

on a side note, we need a Hall of Fame for teh winners, so we can showcase good art.

Well we can't really force him to do something he doesn't want to do. It's like me and people telling me to stop eating.

but I agree with a hall of fame for winners!

#49 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

If more people get DQ'ed, does the one remaining sig claim all prizes?
Keep your shit together, number 7. God might smile upon you afterall.

#50 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Not only should we insult the sigs next time

but the people who VOTED for them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users