Quantcast

Photo

SOTW #15 Voting!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

Poll: 7 Deadly Sins SOTW (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is YOUR favourite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#51 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

This contest has been tarnished beyond repair from false accusations of cheating amongst friends, actual cheating, and then the fucking know-it-all smelly cuntfaces that shit on everyone else's work. I loved this contest, and have spent real money on it as well. But even if you eliminate the prizes, you'll still have the shitty comments about people's signatures not having any effort put into them.

Seriously. How the fuck do you know who put effort into their sig? Did you sit there with the person who made number 7? I don't see how "Uhh..." is constructive criticism. Unbelievably rude. Going on ignored members list. Yaddayaddayadda.

I hope its not beyond repair... :( I agree with you 99% :p I dont want to say just yet that its beyond repair.

I hope we can keep up the good Mod work with deleting non-constructive posts (Thanks Boggy) and catch the cheating cheaters who cheat and disqualify them. We couldn't think that no body would cheat... this is a cheating website after all. Some people just can't handle being honest. :/

#52 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Not only should we insult the sigs next time
but the people who VOTED for them!

Everyone who voted for Gren Skorcheio has daddy issues.

#53 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

I think you should take the high road and continue to run it. As long as you keep the rules consistent, people will begin to follow them. While it may not be that much fun right now, it easily has the potential to continue as long as people follow by the rules. We had a time in the past with cheating. It will always happen. The staff will always catch them. Just relax and vote for what you like. Create some awesome works of art, and try and have fun. If you let them get you down, they will.

on a side note, we need a Hall of Fame for teh winners, so we can showcase good art.

We shall see what the future holds mate. Im all for a Hall Of Fame though. Thats a great idea.

#54 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

Everyone who voted for Gren Skorcheio has daddy issues.

Add to that anyone who thought it wasn't that big of a deal in the first place.

We shall see what the future holds mate. Im all for a Hall Of Fame though. Thats a great idea.

YES thats 3 votes hall of fame!!
**Whose gunna do it?** I will....

#55 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

I hope you guys don't let the occasional cheater prevent you from running and taking part in SOTW, just keep the votes public and if you have suspicions about any votes just let us know and we'll look into it.

#56 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

We could simply make it that you're not allowed to post. Just vote o.o

#57 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

And save you actually doing some work? I think not. :p

#58 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

I like the constructive comments though. I like knowing why people voted.

#59 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Meh. I ruined it last time, didn't I?

/headdesk

Seriously. How the fuck do you know who put effort into their sig? Did you sit there with the person who made number 7? I don't see how "Uhh..." is constructive criticism. Unbelievably rude. Going on ignored members list. Yaddayaddayadda.

As terrible it may look (/puts up shield), we don't. We have no way of knowing unless we have the .PSD or *insert gimp file type here* As serious as I take my Sotw, not everybody has the skills that I'm used to seeing, and I understand that. There's a big difference between effort and skill. I'd rather go with the former. /just clearing that up

The rules did indeed help and will help. And if people are cheating, we can't help that. They cheat, they get DQ'd, easy. It shouldn't be such a fussy issue. =|

I hope you guys don't let the occasional cheater prevent you from running and taking part in SOTW, just keep the votes public and if you have suspicions about any votes just let us know and we'll look into it.

Posted Image

Edited by Juturna, 17 September 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#60 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

/headdesk

As terrible it may look (/puts up shield), we don't. We have no way of knowing unless we have the .PSD or *insert gimp file type here* As serious as I take my Sotw, not everybody has the skills that I'm used to seeing, and I understand that. There's a big difference between effort and skill. I'd rather go with the former. /just clearing that up

The rules did indeed help and will help. And if people are cheating, we can't help that. They cheat, they get DQ'd, easy. It shouldn't be such a fussy issue. =|

I guess you could have each entrant send their .PSD (or equivalent) to the SOTW host along with their entry? Might not work if somebody is using something like Paint but you can probably tell by the quality if they're ripped off or not. :p

#61 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

Oh, is that you, Colours? Yeah, you did. Basically. Not everyone has the skills you're used to seeing, so you have to crap all over what they have produced. Sound logical to me.
FRUSCIANTE!
Posted Image

#62 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

I guess you could have each entrant send their .PSD (or equivalent) to the SOTW host along with their entry?

I suppose we could. But that's a lot of work? xD And then there's the fact a lot of things couldn't be read. (I know a lot of my layers in CS5 wouldn't be able to be read in something like CS2 because they simply don't exist in CS2)

Also, now that I think about it - We should do a collab theme sometime. That would be totally rad.

Oh, is that you, Colours? Yeah, you did. Basically. Not everyone has the skills you're used to seeing, so you have to crap all over what they have produced. Sound logical to me.
FRUSCIANTE!

lol. Did you even read the next part of the post?

Edited by Juturna, 17 September 2011 - 03:11 PM.

#63 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

lol. Did you even read the next part of the post?

I did, but I couldn't comprehend it, because you're so much more advanced than I am.
:(

#64 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

Look man, that's not cool. But I'm not going to argue with you about that, k? I'm still far too sick/fatigued from my surgery to want to.

#65 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

Alright there no baiting people Punky xD

I remember when this competion only had 6 entries and the prize was a baby paint brush..

oh and there was no drama.

#66 Verrater

Verrater
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

“Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.”

#67 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

“Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.”

So.. I hate that Boggart is asian because I myself am asian? So deep!
:p I'm sorry Bogg. I'll behave.

#68 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Dear Lord, this has gotten ridic. I feel like I'm on the playground with a bunch of petulant 1st graders. Calm yo' tits. It's a damn signature contest. <_<

I voted for #1 because, get this, ..... I liked it.

Oohhh, so difficult. (All of the entrants have lovely work btw. GJ guys.)

Lame drama fest is lame.

#69 Mithra

Mithra
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

Sigh, this competition. :l

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users