Account Pricer

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#26 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

It's so time for me to catch some sleep. Fin!

No errors so far. Currently on page 14 of the SDB. I think you can finally call it a night :p

#27 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:42 AM

Shwing! I must admit, if you've got 5+mil on your side, I'm rather curious how much is in your main. : ) I mean, I could go check, but what's the fun in that? : P (I jest, of course.)

#28 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:43 AM

And finished. Not a single error! Thanks again for the program! :yahoo:

Edited by iomega, 30 September 2011 - 04:45 AM.

#29 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:45 AM

My pleasure. ^_^

#30 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:17 AM

Well i think i found my problem..... i didnt have a copy of python.exe installed :)

Getting a new copy now and will see what happens.

#31 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

Well i think i found my problem..... i didnt have a copy of python.exe installed :)

Getting a new copy now and will see what happens.

Eagerly awaiting the results.

#32 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

no luck once again. It looks like it tries to run but then comes up with this:

Posted Image

I downloaded the latest release above too. Meh im off to bed, if someone can help that'd be great :)

#33 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

no luck once again. It looks like it tries to run but then comes up with this:

I downloaded the latest release above too. Meh im off to bed, if someone can help that'd be great :)

Dammit! You're so close, man. Python 3 uses input() instead of raw_input(). Whenever you get back, try using this updated version. Again, really sorry this didn't go more smoothly for you. : /

#34 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

now its saying the same thing but where it says line 19 in the screenie, it is now line 24 :/

#35 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

now its saying the same thing but where it says line 19 in the screenie, it is now line 24 :/

Ah, yes, Python 3 made print an explicit function. I really have no idea why they did that; it's pretty much the surefire way to break compatibility. Curse you for choosing Python 3, Strat. : P Either way, I've updated again. Really hoping it works for you this time.

#36 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

lol i can download an older version of python if need be :) ill try that one now. 2 secs

#37 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

lol i can download an older version of python if need be :) ill try that one now. 2 secs

No, it's definitely better this way; it slowly pushes the tool to max compatibility, which is certainly not a bad thing.

#38 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

Posted Image

#39 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Posted Image

Y'know, it's really no wonder that Python 3 is having trouble gaining wide adoption. Thankfully, there's a 2to3 tool that I hope successfully converted the old code to Python 3 code that should work for you. *fingers fucking crossed*

#40 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:22 AM

Y'know, it's really no wonder that Python 3 is having trouble gaining wide adoption. Thankfully, there's a 2to3 tool that I hope successfully converted the old code to Python 3 code that should work for you. *fingers fucking crossed*

We're still using 2.7 I think, Python 3 seems to include some strange changes.

#41 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

well..... some success with the login but then THIS:

Posted Image

blanked out UN and PW for obvious reasons, but i DID enter them correctly

#42 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

We're still using 2.7 I think, Python 3 seems to include some strange changes.

Most of them seem to be performance enhancements, which makes sense as Python catches a lot of flak for being comparatively slow. Still, breaking print and sort was really mean. 2to3 seems to work for most cases, which'll certainly help make the transition easier.

#43 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

like i said too, i dont mind getting an older version of python to try it with.

#44 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

Most of them seem to be performance enhancements, which makes sense as Python catches a lot of flak for being comparatively slow. Still, breaking print and sort was really mean. 2to3 seems to work for most cases, which'll certainly help make the transition easier.

People who are creating something which needs to run things quickly wouldn't pick Python anyway, that would be a pretty silly choice of language. :p

#45 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

well..... some success with the login but then THIS:

Posted Image

blanked out UN and PW for obvious reasons, but i DID enter them correctly

Huh. I can almost make out your password; I don't think you used a black enough black. : ) I can't apologize enough, man. I'm not really boned up on Python 3 because it's borderline useless at the moment, but I don't want you to just roll back because this is proving to be a nice learning experience. Give it another go and I'll see you back here to handle the next error. ^_^

People who are creating something which needs to run things quickly wouldn't pick Python anyway, that would be a pretty silly choice of language. :p

I... huh? Evil. You guys are secretly running auto-buyers written in C, aren't you?

Edited by Inkheart, 30 September 2011 - 07:33 AM.

#46 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

Posted Image

#47 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

I... huh? Evil. You guys are secretly running auto-buyers written in C, aren't you?

Autobuyers don't need to run really quickly (hence why we need to actually slow them down to avoid getting frozen), if you're doing something where you need to process lots of data, for example, hardly anybody would pick Python to do that.

#48 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

Autobuyers don't need to run really quickly (hence why we need to actually slow them down to avoid getting frozen), if you're doing something where you need to process lots of data, for example, hardly anybody would pick Python to do that.

Well, they do, it's just more of a "hurry up and wait" paradigm; you want to be able to load the HTML as fast as possible so that you can "see" items before other people. Still, most languages are fairly similar when it comes to plain Web access; when it comes to sockets and threaded connections, though, Python's definitely not the language one would choose, nor for things like regular expressions, really. It's just what I'm most fluent and comfortable in, so it's what I write "toys" with.

------------

Sorry this took so long, Strat...

Working Python 3 version for whom it may concern: https://gist.github.com/1254533

Edited by Inkheart, 30 September 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#49 lluvia

lluvia
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

I can't get past running "ls".
BTW I'm completely new to command prompt and don't know anything about it.

Posted Image

#50 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

I can't get past running "ls".
BTW I'm completely new to command prompt and don't know anything about it.

Ah, sorry about that. I was almost certain that "ls" had become universal, but alas, it seems not. You'll need to use "dir" instead. Of course, you might also want to wait until Neopets is back up before bothering to run this. : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users