Photo

Account Pricer

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#51 lluvia

lluvia
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Ah, sorry about that. I was almost certain that "ls" had become universal, but alas, it seems not. You'll need to use "dir" instead. Of course, you might also want to wait until Neopets is back up before bothering to run this. : )

Thanks. :)
I'm just trying it out because I'm bored while Neo is down.

1. How do I get the folder with the program to show? I can get in the folder but not "dir" it.
2. How do I run the python thing? I installed python 2.7. "python.exe account_pricer.py" doesn't work.

#52 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

I'm just trying it out because I'm bored while Neo is down.

You just blew my mind... : P

#53 Ryuusei06

Ryuusei06
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

I was trying this and then Neopets went down.
Now, I can't get pass after the username and password part.
Is that because the server is down or I'm doing something wrong?

Oh ok, since it's not down anymore it's totally working!!
Got my final account worth, and it's not so much.:)) hahaha, np's wise I guess!

Thank you so much inkheart!<3

#54 lluvia

lluvia
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

I finally got it to work.

I had to go to the link with the code, copy and paste it into a text file, rename it as account_pricer.py, and then all I had to do was open it.

edit;; some of the prices aren't accurate, e.g. Ultimate Neopets Tips! is no trade but is marked as worth 300k NP in my HTML file.

Edited by lluvia, 30 September 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#55 desiqtie

desiqtie
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

Hey, guys. So, somebody asked if there were any tools available to calculate the estimated worth of one's inventory and SDB. Seeing as how there didn't seem to be one (not to mention that I was interested in the worth of my own account), I decided to make one. It takes into account NP on hand, in the bank, and in the user's till, but also the estimated value (via Codex's wonderful database) of the inventory (and, by extension, items in trades), SDB, and shop.

Once it's done, it will open a file called "results.html" in your default browser and give you a nice big recap of the information it collected, to include showing you the items in your inventory, shop, and SDB sorted by value. Hopefully you'll find a gem or two tucked into the corners of your deposit box.

Now that neopets is back up...I can try this out :)

Loving it so far - it's on page 145 of my SDB right now but it seemed to go through the bank, shop till, stock portfolio, inventory/trades, & shop pretty quickly (and accurately). There's a few places that aren't included in the overall account price...and I'm sure that for some people the bulk of their wealth is probably in the gallery, equipped BD items, wearables, closet, shed, TCG deck, or neodeck. But other than that minor bit (which is easy enough to get around by stuffing the items in the inventory or SDB - unless you're an insane packrat like myself) the program seems to work like a charm :)

EDIT: :( I spoke too soon
Your SDB is worth about 18460720 NP.

Total account worth: 32071489
0:33: execution error: An error of type -2110 has occurred. (-2110)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "account_pricer.py", line 137, in <module>
    webbrowser.open('results.html')
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/webbrowser.py", line 61, in open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/webbrowser.py", line 549, in open
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/ic.py", line 238, in launchurl
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/ic.py", line 205, in launchurl
MacOS.Error: (-673, 'Mac OS error code -673')

Edited by desiqtie, 30 September 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#56 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

Now that neopets is back up...I can try this out :)

Loving it so far - it's on page 145 of my SDB right now but it seemed to go through the bank, shop till, stock portfolio, inventory/trades, & shop pretty quickly (and accurately). There's a few places that aren't included in the overall account price...and I'm sure that for some people the bulk of their wealth is probably in the gallery, equipped BD items, wearables, closet, shed, TCG deck, or neodeck. But other than that minor bit (which is easy enough to get around by stuffing the items in the inventory or SDB - unless you're an insane packrat like myself) the program seems to work like a charm :)

EDIT: :( I spoke too soon

Well, yeah, it goes through those pretty quickly because they're only a few pages. It can take forever on a big SDB because I made it pause for a few seconds between each page just so you don't look too suspicious by loading so many pages so quickly. Huh, I can't believe there are so many places that I didn't think about where account wealth could be tucked away. I may very well include every single one of those that you mentioned at some point, maybe even Neohome items, depending on what the Flash data looks like. Also, it did work for you right up to the end, it's just that, unfortunately, the Python webbrowser module doesn't seem to work out of the box on Mac. There should have been a results.html file created in the same folder that you can manually open in your browser if you want to see all the juicy details. : )

#57 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

This is a very sexy program. Thanks for making it, it works like a charm.

Edited by Neoquest, 01 October 2011 - 09:44 AM.

#58 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

This is a very sexy program. Thanks for making it, it works like a charm.

Happy to hear it. : )

#59 desiqtie

desiqtie
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Well, yeah, it goes through those pretty quickly because they're only a few pages. It can take forever on a big SDB because I made it pause for a few seconds between each page just so you don't look too suspicious by loading so many pages so quickly. Huh, I can't believe there are so many places that I didn't think about where account wealth could be tucked away. I may very well include every single one of those that you mentioned at some point, maybe even Neohome items, depending on what the Flash data looks like. Also, it did work for you right up to the end, it's just that, unfortunately, the Python webbrowser module doesn't seem to work out of the box on Mac. There should have been a results.html file created in the same folder that you can manually open in your browser if you want to see all the juicy details. : )

Lol. Well, as an SDB/Shop/Inventory/Trades pricer - works amazing :) And I actually went and looked in the folder and there is a results.html file :) SO it seems it worked out...despite whatever that error was. Anywho, thanks for the program :)

#60 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Lol. Well, as an SDB/Shop/Inventory/Trades pricer - works amazing :) And I actually went and looked in the folder and there is a results.html file :) SO it seems it worked out...despite whatever that error was. Anywho, thanks for the program :)

Well, thank you. : ) And yeah, the only error was that it didn't open that file in your browser automatically as was intended. I'm not very Mac-fluent, so Iet's pretend things went 100% smoothly instead of 99... ^_^

#61 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Worked like a charm. Initially I was getting the message that python wasn't a recognized command, but it turns out I had to install 2.7 and add the location. Awesome little program though. +rep

#62 ahyunnie

ahyunnie
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

read through, installed python 2.7, copied the pricer.py and prices.txt file, ran it, worked smoothly.

great program +1

#63 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

i tried it on a few shells/semi mains etc etc and it didnt want to work at first. Then i realised, that neither of those accounts had a shop (with items in it). I made a shop on one of the accounts and retried the program and VIOLA! she works :) So if it doesnt work for you guys first time around, retry it with a shop on the account and at least one priced item.

#64 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

bumping because its a useful prog :)

#65 Goose

Goose
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

GUIIIIIIIII. >.>

#66 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

GUIIIIIIIII. >.>

I don't see why everyone cares so much abut GUIs, command line programs are way quicker, and the programmer can focus on developing actual content.

#67 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

I don't see why everyone cares so much abut GUIs, command line programs are way quicker, and the programmer can focus on developing actual content.

This....

Are you going to sit there staring at the colourful GUI if its made? What other purpose does it serve other than being easier on the eyes?

I would rather a fully functional program with little to no GUI than one with a graphics heavy display.

#68 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

This....

Are you going to sit there staring at the colourful GUI if its made? What other purpose does it serve other than being easier on the eyes?

I would rather a fully functional program with little to no GUI than one with a graphics heavy display.

Yet I'm willing to bet you're typing this from Windows and not Linux :p

#69 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

Yet I'm willing to bet you're typing this from Windows and not Linux :p

yes... yes i am...... :| lol

#70 420China

420China
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

j/w is the price list updated? o:

#71 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

j/w is the price list updated? o:

...the estimated value (via Codex's wonderful database) of the inventory (and, by extension, items in trades), SDB, and shop.

(The item database gets updated often, although it's not 100% accurate, which is why it says the estimated value)

#72 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

(The item database gets updated often, although it's not 100% accurate, which is why it says the estimated value)

Actually unless Inkheart wrote something that automatically updates that webpage, or he updates it himself every now and again, chances are that the prices the program uses have been the same since release.

#73 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

Actually unless Inkheart wrote something that automatically updates that webpage, or he updates it himself every now and again, chances are that the prices the program uses have been the same since release.

they are :( i think he used a static list that needs manual updating for the pricing for it to be accurate.

#74 420China

420China
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

true say, =\ where abouts could i find an updated list O_o

#75 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

true say, =\ where abouts could i find an updated list O_o

One doesn't exist in the format that Inkhearts reads from. Either Inkheart updates it, someone spends hours slaving away at the DB, or another programmer does it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users